Sign in to follow this  
LebaneseChampion

How Many Of You Guys Believe Will Ever Close Coc#4 ?

mightyjoe

I read a quote today from Bruce Lee that sums up nicely what Bill has initially said concerning this thread.

Bruce Lee said concerning goals:

"A goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves simply as something to aim at"

Perfect!!! :)

• Like 1

slazbob

I think everyone who has started with grippers has looked to the next level as a huge jump. At first, thinking... I'll never get this.

But as time go's by, you do get it. Then it's on to the next one... Same as before.

I think if you look too far ahead of yourself, you can get frustrated, rushing things, training grip everyday! Hurting yourself in the process.

It's nice to have a goal, but if you're closing a no.2 the no.4 is a dream. Only as you get closer, does it become a goal.

It truly is one of the greatest feats of strength that can be done. The ccs has made this a monster! But what would we look for next?

I wish everyone the best with this goal. If you cert or not, it would be a very proud moment in your life. And your friends will shit every time you close it for them. :)

gm1swm

Having spent the time grinding from roughly the 130'ish range up to the 180'ish range, it's been a tough journey. Any of the guys that are closing MM3's, BBE's, RB300's, #3.5s and GHP lvl 8's will all say the same.

I've read somewhere that you begin to peak with hand strength around the 170's and everything above that is well-earned and hard fought! Just think if you do peak at say 175...you still have to get up to the 210'ish range. Hang out at 175 for a few months, finally close 178, might have closed 182, smashed 185, 188 is stagnant, take a break and come back to smash 188...you get my drift. Just imagine the nightmare from 190-200...

If injury, boredom, or bigger and better things don't get the best of you, then maybe a #4 close is in the cards for you.

• Like 3

hellswindstaff

I think everyone who has started with grippers has looked to the next level as a huge jump. At first, thinking... I'll never get this.

But as time go's by, you do get it. Then it's on to the next one... Same as before.

I think if you look too far ahead of yourself, you can get frustrated, rushing things, training grip everyday! Hurting yourself in the process.

It's nice to have a goal, but if you're closing a no.2 the no.4 is a dream. Only as you get closer, does it become a goal.

It truly is one of the greatest feats of strength that can be done. The ccs has made this a monster! But what would we look for next?

I wish everyone the best with this goal. If you cert or not, it would be a very proud moment in your life. And your friends will shit every time you close it for them. :)

1++

meduza

You have right my friend! I am 16 years old and have closed the coc#3 20 mm block and i WILL close the #4. I do not care how hard it is. It is going to get closed.

to hopefully motivate others, here is a list of all the guys who have closed a #4 with atleast a parallel set.

in no particular order:

1. Kinney

2. Morton

3. Heslep

4. Samuelsson

5. Holle

6. Struse

7. Juha

8. Vogt

9. Sexton

10. Dale

11. Knight

12. Savage

13. Edgin

14. Corcorran

15. Gardner

16. Durniat

17. Mcgranahan

18. Sum

19. Puscasu

20. Arildsson

and Teemu and Woodall, i think?

(forgive me if i left someone out)

...and i like to think that i can do (with dedication) what 20 other men have already done. ;)

Sam Scott

also the person under 'handgripperman'.

acorn

>also the person under 'handgripperman'.

thanks bro. ..i was wondering if i missed a gripster or two.

I believe that would be Kevin Bussi.

Hubgeezer

>also the person under 'handgripperman

'.

Yes. Handgripperman is Kevin Bussi. I knew he was close, but didn't know he had closed one.

Maybe some old veterans know whether or not David Erives, aka Gorilla Hands on the Board, had closed a 4 using a deep set. I can't figure out how to read all of someone's real old posts, so I couldn't tell.

Sam Scott

>also the person under 'handgripperman

'.

Yes. Handgripperman is Kevin Bussi. I knew he was close, but didn't know he had closed one.

Maybe some old veterans know whether or not David Erives, aka Gorilla Hands on the Board, had closed a 4 using a deep set. I can't figure out how to read all of someone's real old posts, so I couldn't tell.

Yes, he was going to perform his cert, than they bought in the new rules.

Here's one of his attempts back in 2003:

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album123/aah

lifesnotfair

Since we're talking here about who could certify, or who closed a #4 even if it was 10 years ago.... just for fun (because this is an internet forum, right? so fun is the priority! :D) allow me to introduce some of you to this guy.

Nick Zinna: farmer and, at times, armwrestler.

Ever since seeing a video on ArmTV about him and his farm on how he lost weight (he used to be quite fat) and his views on life and the like, I became a fan of the guy, even if to this day I've never talked to him. Anyways, at a grip contest were Josh Dale was, and perhaps Ben Edwards was there too, he tried a CCS of a #3.5 while seated on a couch, AFTER doing the contest. It looked so casual for him, and he nailed it.... that it really stuck in my mind forever. I can't help thinking that if this guy went after the #4 and became as obsessed as some gripboard members, he could do it. I just doubt grippers are his top priority. Here's the video.

Stephen Ruby

Since we're talking here about who could certify, or who closed a #4 even if it was 10 years ago.... just for fun (because this is an internet forum, right? so fun is the priority! :D) allow me to introduce some of you to this guy.

Ever since seeing a video on ArmTV about him and his farm on how he lost weight (he used to be quite fat) and his views on life and the like, I became a fan of the guy, even if to this day I've never talked to him. Anyways, at a grip contest were Josh Dale was, and perhaps Ben Edwards was there too, he tried a CCS of a #3.5 while seated on a couch, AFTER doing the contest. It looked so casual for him, and he nailed it.... that it really stuck in my mind forever. I can't help thinking that if this guy went after the #4 and became as obsessed as some gripboard members, he could do it. I just doubt grippers are his top priority. Here's the video.

I read that he had actually done it 3x before that attempt also all while sitting on the coach-within 2 minutes- Crazy! I was reading that clay edgin closed a coc #4 within one year of touching grippers, some guys are gifted for sure.

gm1swm

Honestly, I'd hate to think guys were racing each other to be the first! 1st or 500th...CCS'ing a #4 commands huge respect from gripsters...

• Like 2

Forever

I read that he had actually done it 3x before that attempt also all while sitting on the coach-within 2 minutes- Crazy! I was reading that clay edgin closed a coc #4 within one year of touching grippers, some guys are gifted for sure.

Clay Edgin definitely gifted...knocked out lots of grip feats and yes #4 within a year of touching grippers :bow:bow