Hypothetical Question

Bill Piche

Supersqueeze,

I don't think outlandish behaviour would be a good idea - you would probably cause the steroid user in question to reach for his handy chainsaw...

Seriously though, so a steroid user died because of it? Using too many steroids and other drugs will certainly kill you - but many people use them without health problems. Drink too much alcohol and you will give yourself health problems - but you can drink moderately and life a full life. Get the relationship??

Also, don't forget that being 420lbs, squatting 800lbs as such is not usually a healthy thing in and of itself - sport at an elite level (and this applies to cyclists, marathon runners etc) rarely is.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• OldGuy

• Roark

• Bill Piche

Sorry hit the wrong key! To close my tome on this subject: off the chart! People who do not train pinch and can pull two 35# off the floor with ease and a petite hand to boot. I know that riods help hand strength a lot, but to trade the health that God gaves and the future of playing with that strength, to get strong quick is being stupid.

Somebody ask Kazmaier if he felt they helped him put the

INCH replica overhead.

Are you saying that Kaz was/is a juicer?

That would be unbelieveable?

If Kaz were asked this question, and he answered, no he never used, how many would believe the answer?

If he answered yes, he did, how many could believe the answer?

11 pages and still going.

This one is out of hand boys and girls.

I think that Joe Roark is the ideal person to confront these people and demand from them information about their obvious drug use. ;)

Guest pjfinnegan

Yes. :angry: And of course steroids can help with grip strength :blink just like any other strength but I'd be expecting injuries :cry:whacked . I hope that most of us on this page are natural. :cool

It only seems outlandish to demand truth and fairness when the norm is inaction.

Mike M.

Excellent, Mike!

BC.

:unsure I always thought that Kaz was drug free. I think I rather prefer to withdraw into my shell and pretend that I didn't see that pic or hear anything to the contrary.

[CHANT]

Kaz is drug free...Kaz is drug free...Kaz is drug free...

[/CHANT]

That would be unbelieveable?

If Kaz were asked this question, and he answered, no he never used, how many would believe the answer?

If he answered yes, he did, how many could believe the answer?

I know he was on - KNOW - in a conversation with DW (you know who that is Joe) he asked Bill outright and was given the affirmative.

The inactive have no reason to lie; nor should they be our model.

I have no desire to ask Kaz or anyone else about drug use UNLESS their answer is on the record.

Most will not allow me to measure their upper arms for fear the truth will come out- I suspect personal questions about drug use would yield even less documentation.

Drug use in grip? Watch for gyno between the thumb and index finger :)

Bill then asked DW if his hair was real. DW said it was!

real - maybe? was he born with it? No way!!

:bow:bow Forget about DW's hair. The man has documented our sport for about six decades, and has crossed over from the old era to the new and known every major personality and figure in the sport, has seen them in competition, and cares about accuracy!

He is a wonderful historian and marvelous human being,

and has absolute respect from me whether he is bald,

wigged, or has his natural hair.

I have met him only once, briefly, but have corresponded with him, and cannot sing his praises loudly enough. He is our greatest living historian. :bow

If you ever wondered what a real athlete would say about steroids, if they could, check out "The Complete Guide to Power Training" by Frederick C. Hatfield. It was written BEFORE the government found yet another area to control and bully the public.

Pay attention to chapter 6: Ergogenic Aids; The Quest for Super Strength: Anabolic Steroids: What Kind and How Many.

I think you can still buy copies. I got mine, along with almost all my other bodybuilding/powerlifting stuff at the Goodwill!

Joe, I was joking about you confronting strongmen on their drug use ,and DW's hair or lack off. I hope it is still possible to convey humor without using smiley faces all the time.

:bow:bow Forget about DW's hair. The man has documented our sport for about six decades, and has crossed over from the old era to the new and known every major personality and figure in the sport, has seen them in competition, and cares about accuracy!

He is a wonderful historian and marvelous human being,

and has absolute respect from me whether he is bald,

wigged, or has his natural hair.

I have met him only once, briefly, but have corresponded with him, and cannot sing his praises loudly enough. He is our greatest living historian. :bow

All joking aside I echo what you say. DW is a very, very nice man - hair or no hair and is well deserving of his OBE and the acolades he has been given. We were, as Oldguy says only joshing :(

Oops. Sometimes the curmudgeon in me slips out.

I recently became aware of something said elsewhere about David that upset me by its total illogical flaming,

and I guess I haven't cooled off yet.

I apologize.

David Webster's knowledge and love of the Iron game is amazing. But more importantly the man is an incredibly kind and genuine man.

David

I met Kaz at last year's AOBS, and the man was a friggin' mountain! I do not know what has transpired from then till now, but I do know this - I am 5'10" and standing next to him I felt damn small. I suspect that AnimalCage is a big dude... about 6'4" or so (am I right?).