Starting Strapholds

nrw125

Today was my first workout with strapholds- Let's just say it was humbling. I didn't have any small plates so I used a 1ltr bottle i filled with water. I estimate it probably only came in at 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds :blush . Oh well. It obviously wasn't an ego boosting workout but every workout is one workout closer to closing the #2. I'll let you know...

Nick

What gripper you using for you're holds?

when I started strapholds I went to high I started out with 10lbs. but I was using the trainer (the only gripper I can close). I guess I must of missed something, Why don't you use more weight?

Don, right now I'm using a filed #1 for strap holds. Today I used 10lbs for the right, 3 or 4 reps of 5-6 sec holds. Same with the left except only used 5 lbs. When I posted that last one on strap holds, it was my first workout, really didn't know what to start with. And I was doing the holds for a lot longer (12-15 sec) with the 1/4 the weight. Making good progress, I'll keep yall updated. By the way, these have really helped me on the #2 since last week. Since then I've gone from my best being 5 mm short, to being able to consistently get about 4 mm. There's a big difference between picking up the gripper and hoping you can do something versus picking it up and knowing you will do it. I graduate from college here May 10, the goal is to be on the gripboard's #2 list by then.

Nick

Edited by nrw125