Need Help

meduza

Hi! I am pretty new to armwrestling but have trained my grip for about 1 year and can now close coc#3 20mm with my right hand. When it comes to armwrestling i have a friend that always have beat me without training but he works alot home with his dad and gets good training in that way. He can close coc#2,5 with 20 mm block. The thing is that i am stronger in evrything besides armwrestling. : All kinds of gym training: Curls, benchpress, shoulderpress, deadlift and so on. Rolling thunder, pinch, grippers...

So the help i need is when should i train armwrestling exercises and should i armwrestle alot to be good at it ? I train bodybuilding at the gym 5 times a week from monday-friday: Shoulders,Legs,Arms,Back,Chest and abs,calves also. When should i be training armwrestling?

I have barbel and dumbells with wheight at home and also alot of grippers,rolling thunder,pinch and so on and of corse an armwrestling table.

I think he has a stronger wrist than me.

And also when i do a couple of matches armwrestling it starts to hurt in my biceps and elbow. Do you get "use" to it after a time? And is it bad to train grippers when you are doing armwrestling things much ?

The more practice time you can get in with other people the better your technique will become and alot of armwrestling is technique. Train the movement and you will become proficient in it. There are many many ways to structure a routine to focus on arm wrestling but the one constant will be training technique with others.

• Like 1

The more practice time you can get in with other people the better your technique will become and alot of armwrestling is technique. Train the movement and you will become proficient in it. There are many many ways to structure a routine to focus on arm wrestling but the one constant will be training technique with others.

Good advice here!!!

I would fine tune this a little by saying learn the technique first and then strengthen

your technique. After you have a sufficient base of strength then develop true power

by training speed through ballistic type movements. MORE when I have time!!!

• Like 1