2013 Diablo Rock Grip Comp Ii

daniel reinard

2013 Diablo Rock Grip Comp II

Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/481958191864165/

Date/time: Saturday 4/20/'13 with a start time at Noon. Show up before 11:00am for weigh in and rules.

1220 Diamond Way Suite 140, Concord, California 94520

Phone (925)602-1000

(located about 30 min drive from San Francisco and 60 min from Sacramento)

Events:
Grippers w/ 20mm block - 4 attempts
2 Hand Pinch Lift - 4 attempts
Rolling Thunder Lift - 4 attempts
Possible 4th event TBD
All North American Grip Sport Sanctioned Rules. http://www.gripsport.org/

Classes:
Mens LW <93kg, Mens HW >93kg, Womens

Entry Fee:
$20 early registration
$25 after 4/1
Paypal to daniel.reinard@gmail.com or cash at the door.

Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 in each of the 3 classes.

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 5

Considering the 4th event to be a front sledge deadlift with rankings based off furthest down the handle. Athlete must deadlift the sledge onto a platform, balancing a coin on the head. Coin may fall off once the head lands onto the platform.

I want to do a wrist event that is strict, easy for new people to do, and low chance of injury.

Competitors have any thoughts on this?

Considering the 4th event to be a front sledge deadlift with rankings based off furthest down the handle. Athlete must deadlift the sledge onto a platform, balancing a coin on the head. Coin may fall off once the head lands onto the platform.

I want to do a wrist event that is strict, easy for new people to do, and low chance of injury.

Competitors have any thoughts on this?

I would consider another event being this lift if not practiced and the correct tendons and ligaments strengthened

you're asking for injuries to your competitors. Mainly, stingers! Lateral epicondylitis!!! Ouch!!!

Edited by Mighty Joe

BTW, if you think your smart a** comments are going to make me go away, I'm telling you now

forget it and give up little man!!!

Joe, please do not post in Daniel's threads. These childish flames only degrade the board and bring people down. Not choosing sides or placing all blame on you, but your post I've quoted here is a perfect example of what the Gripboard doesn't need.

• Like 4

I have a question about competitions that I've wondered about for a long time. I hope its allright that I ask it here, since its about competition :)

Warmups? How do they warm up to the lift, where do they? Are they allowed to use the training equipment to warm up with before the comp starts? :)

Thanks

Ifyou make Ts Make an XXL one for me and send me the bill. Id like to keep the
shirt collection going.

The first one has a small cigar hole in the front but
its still in good shape otherwise. I was pissed when I dropped ashes on that
shirt. I promise I won’t have cigar night in the next one :)

I have a question about competitions that I've wondered about for a long time. I hope its allright that I ask it here, since its about competition :)

Warmups? How do they warm up to the lift, where do they? Are they allowed to use the training equipment to warm up with before the comp starts? :)

Thanks

Yes, people can warmup on the gear pre comp. I encourage people to show up and get warm however they choose. Most people don't warm up on the the implements pre comp so they just warmup real quick on the item between events. Also warmup lifts are allowed while the event us underway, but once they make a legal attempt no more warmups are allowed. An example is 2HP. People are spread all over in strength on this and most people don't have multiple setups. When the events starts the stronger guys will just jump in for warmup attempts. Then when they are ready they will enter with a legal attempt. Does that make sense?

Ifyou make Ts Make an XXL one for me and send me the bill. Id like to keep the

shirt collection going.

The first one has a small cigar hole in the front but

its still in good shape otherwise. I was pissed when I dropped ashes on that

shirt. I promise I won’t have cigar night in the next one :)

I may do shirts if there is time. I'll just sell them on an order basis for those who want them. I'll let you know if we do them.

Sorry about the other one getting a hole. At least it went out in style.

• Like 1

I sent the funds I'll be attending, can't wait it will be my first ever contest.

As the attempts go since I"ve never used rolling thunder or two hand pinch how should I set up my attempts up? I will trying doing more DO training at the gym and plate pinching which hope it carries over. Going to be going for the learning experience mostly though.

My sister might compete also will see if she wants to compete since she will go to san fran with me for the night after the contest. She has never done any grip training though and just started weight lifting. I'll send funds for her this week though if she is down. .

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 5

I sent the funds I'll be attending, can't wait it will be my first ever contest.

As the attempts go since I"ve never used rolling thunder or two hand pinch how should I set up my attempts up? I will trying doing more DO training at the gym and plate pinching which hope it carries over. Going to be going for the learning experience mostly though.

My sister might compete also will see if she wants to compete since she will go to san fran with me for the night after the contest. She has never done any grip training though and just started weight lifting. I'll send funds for her this week though if she is down. .

As a first time competitor it is best to aim for safe lifts. Getting on the board and putting in solid lifts on all four attempts is better than getting aggressive and missing lifts. Everyone is different on what they prefer. You also have the option to go confident on the first three attempts then go for a goal on the fourth. I like that method.

I encourage her to compete. Other first time female competitors have had a lot of fun doing these comps. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Guest Squat More

Daniel I have always wanted to see how a Grip comp is organized and run, you should ask the Mrs or someone else to record some of it for the sake of youtube and shitsandgiggles

yeah and recording is good for all of us nerds who like to watch grip videos

Daniel I have always wanted to see how a Grip comp is organized and run, you should ask the Mrs or someone else to record some of it for the sake of youtube and shitsandgiggles

:grin:

For the 2hp, what is the implement like? As far as width and surface goes? I might try to rig something up so I can practice for it.

Do you live close to him? I plan on going to check out the equipment on a saturday sometime before the contest with anyone else who plans to compete. Would be nice to schedule the day at the same time. We could also get a good training session in possibly. Its only about 2 hour drive for me so not that bad plus I love that area in general.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

For the 2hp, what is the implement like? As far as width and surface goes? I might try to rig something up so I can practice for it.

Do you live close to him? I plan on going to check out the equipment on a saturday sometime before the contest with anyone else who plans to compete. Would be nice to schedule the day at the same time. We could also get a good training session in possibly. Its only about 2 hour drive for me so not that bad plus I love that area in general.

I go to school in Vallejo, so im in the general area.If it works out it'd be cool to check out the stuff before hand.

I go to school in Vallejo, so im in the general area.If it works out it'd be cool to check out the stuff before hand.

Yeah maybe in march to give more people a chance to sign up. Well see though what time works for everyone.

Awesome, pretty sure I can make it up there for this, I'll send the funds as soon as I know for certain.

• Like 1

Tex, if you set something up in the 52mm-58mm range for the 2HP. It's adjustable so when you see it you can get a feel for what width you'd like to use. It's flat metal discs so anything in that width and metal will work for practice.

Stephen and everyone, i'm looking at 3/2 to hold a workout day for people to try the stuff. How does that day sound?

Robby, glad to have you here. Any questions let me know. I'm excited to see we'll have a big crowd this year.

• Like 2