Great new exercise

Guest todd_xxxx

Guest todd_xxxx

I found a great new exercise today.  Maybe some of you already do this or something similar, but its new for me.  Home depot sells "pony" clamps in various sizes.  The big one is model 3203.  It has a completely different feel than the grippers do because the handle is wide and flat keeping your fingers from wrapping around it at all.  The clamp is probably too weak for most people to use as a gripper, but it works great for doing a pinching type exercise where you curl your fingers into a fist, put the gripper between the side of your index finger and thumb and use thumb strength to close it.  It seems to hit a deeper area than static pinch type work.  I plan to use rubber bands around the clamp for microloading.  The best thing is that the clamp on costs about ŭ.

Guest Daniel J

Are those the plastic ones that come in like two sizes?

Aparently I am the only one at the swap meet who can close the plastic clamps. OH MY I am sooooooo cool!

When I can figure out how to take off one of the springs on my supergripper I should be able to do the same exercise as you do with the clamps.

Guest CalvinP

I inverted the CoC then used the thumb to hook (the thumb itself not the palm) to handle and squeeze it. I did not even try to close it (no way yet). I was so sored in the base of the thumb within 3 hours, I couldn't even open a medicine's bottle. I figure I 'll have a fat thumbs soon.