Perhaps a...

Guest Tobbster

Guest JD79

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.  There are many ways to do the one hand dl.  There is the straddle style, which is with the bar between your legs and the plates in front of and behind you.  The suitcase style, which has the bar facing the same way but its on the side of your body.  Or you can lift the bar in front of you as in a normal dl but with one hand in the center. There are partials, where the bar is in the rack, or you use a ring style handle, or a famers bar with a raised handle.  You can use a db, regular or thick in all the styles.  I may be leaving a few out but they are all fun and challenging in their own way.

JD

Very quickly, a one hand lift is basically a short range lift off the floor using one hand. This is usually performed by grasping a handle with weights attached to it. A one hand deadlift, on the other hand, is a full range lift off the floor, usually using a barbell, but a dumbell can be used.

Guest Tobbster

Thanks, guys!

For some reason I like precise numbers, so my inevitable question is: are there any records listed for the one-hand lift? I guess that Elisabeths 180 kilos is the female record? What about records in the finger curl?