Making A Grip Machine

brissyguy83

Hi All.

I have been looking around for a solid tutorial on how to build a home made plate loaded grip Machine and a Thick bar dumbell. I already have enough olympic plates to make either effective, and i keep hearing the benefits of the Plate loaded grip machines for boosting ability on the grippers. Does anyone have a link to a vid instructional on how to do it?

Thanks

this is the only one ive seen. i dont know how much help it will be because it doesnt say the dimensions, but it will give you an idea on how to piece it together.

I wouldn't even bother if you're simply thinking you'll save a few bucks!

Don't look no further than here: https://store.sorinex.com/Sorinex-Mighty-Mitts-Pop-s-Gripper-p/mm-pops-gripper.htm

By the time you acquire the materials, time, labor, and hassle you'll be money ahead to get the latest

in grip machines that don't even require plates if one so desires (which is my case).

I believe there's a 10% discount for GB members till the Mighty Mitts Contest so you'll save even more with the discount.

Great product made by a true legend and icon in the sport of Grip, Richard Sorin!!!

Nuff said!!!

I see no problem with making your own gripmachine/tool. These are hard times and ppl dont have much money to spend on stuff like this!

Atleast I dont!

You save expensive international shipping and the homemade piece might be cheaper than the original anyhow.

Some ppl have connections or access to metal.

Might be 1/5 of the cost if you make it yourself!

I have friends and a father that can weld and I have stuff to weld with.

Im thinking I wont ever buy a griptool if I can avoid it :)

I see no problem with making your own gripmachine/tool. These are hard times and ppl dont have much money to spend on stuff like this!

Atleast I dont!

You save expensive international shipping and the homemade piece might be cheaper than the original anyhow.

If someone has the tools, material, time and skills them one may save some money but this is not the case with the majority.

If one is overseas or in Canada I can see shipping being being too costly to make the purchase reasonable.

My main point is if you get one from Sorinex you would be helping those that help us have the GripBoard.

BTW, being you don't buy grip tools, how do you make your own torsion spring grippers?

Last time I checked (a year or so back) I don't think Sorinex shipped to Canada. Maybe I misread something or its changed but I don't bother to look there anymore.

We do ship worldwide but out of US orders must be called in to Sorinex. We are doing what we can to make grip stronger ,thanks for your support!

Hi,

A few years ago I took a sketch of a grip machine to a local small welders shop, explained the mechanics of it and he made me

one up for twenty pounds even, did it in his spare time and it took about a week...it's not a Rolls Royce of machines but it's functional !

It's worth a try to see if you can find a kind soul too,at least till you can afford the real McCoy

P1000115 (Small)

• Like 1

I wouldn't even bother if you're simply thinking you'll save a few bucks!

Don't look no further than here: https://store.sorinex.com/Sorinex-Mighty-Mitts-Pop-s-Gripper-p/mm-pops-gripper.htm

By the time you acquire the materials, time, labor, and hassle you'll be money ahead to get the latest

in grip machines that don't even require plates if one so desires (which is my case).

I believe there's a 10% discount for GB members till the Mighty Mitts Contest so you'll save even more with the discount.

Great product made by a true legend and icon in the sport of Grip, Richard Sorin!!!

Nuff said!!!

Joe, what's the diameter of the handles on this machine?

Atleast I dont!

If someone has the tools, material, time and skills them one may save some money but this is not the case with the majority.

If one is overseas or in Canada I can see shipping being being too costly to make the purchase reasonable.

My main point is if you get one from Sorinex you would be helping those that help us have the GripBoard.

BTW, being you don't buy grip tools, how do you make your own torsion spring grippers?

Read what i said again,u read it wrong

I guess if I was King on this Forum, I would have deleted this thread. No, I would not subscribe to the Randall Strossen Free Speech philosophy, I would be subscribing to Trade Secrets in Business philosophy, and Supporting Your Sponsors philosophy.

I would have said, "PM a creative friend, but don't do this on the World Wide Web".

More than one Sponsor of this forum sells grip machines. These machines are presumably registered and patented. I think it is flat out wrong and possibly illegal to be aiding and abetting in public the copying of someone's life work/livelihood/creative genius/trade secrets. I think it shows no class.

Mighty Joe, a fellow who I am not friends with (but not enemies either!) is coming the closest to talking my language here.

I don't say this to irritate guys simply innocently trying to make a grip machine without shelling out big bucks. I don't say this to put down guys who don't have the money to spend on luxuries and want to better themselves. I am saying that the Tettings, the IronMinds, the Sorinexes (listed in chronological order of existence) should be respected. And, whether it is a legal matter or not (and I think it is), they should be respected.

My opinion, which may not be shared by others, but I feel very strongly about it...

I thought there was already a thread that went over all of this in regards to Saxon bars.

i mean no disrespect to any of the fine and generous sponsors of the gripboard... but there are certain items that many of us simply don't have the resources to obtain without having to DIY

especially if one wants to compete and needs to have complete arsenal of sorts in terms of grip items - DIY is the only way to avoid having to break the family bank

of course when you DIY sometimes you sacrifice the premium quality of the top brands who sponsor here ... however, in my case, i have no choice because i need a lot of different things on pretty tight budget

(of course, outright giving the blueprints for certain items that sponsors of this site sell is definitely something that is not quite ethical)

just my thoughts :)

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1

I personally took my basic design off a pic i saw of Bruce Lee...And from what i've seen of most grip machines they mostly follow the same basic lines with a few variations here and there?

The Old timers trained with thick bars who owns the patent? Ironmind had a set of nails to test the Strongest of mighty men! Now it seems everyone sells them?

Most things under the Sun have been copied at some point...The Guy wants to improve his grip not topple anyone's empire with his own line of grip machines!

• Like 1

I personally took my basic design off a pic i saw of Bruce Lee...And from what i've seen of most grip machines they mostly follow the same basic lines with a few variations here and there?

The Old timers trained with thick bars who owns the patent? Ironmind had a set of nails to test the Strongest of mighty men! Now it seems everyone sells them?

Most things under the Sun have been copied at some point...The Guy wants to improve his grip not topple anyone's empire with his own line of grip machines!

´fully agree, i dont think rich ppl will suffer much cause someone poor makes his own stuff, for himself. its not massproduction.

Thanks guys

The reason why I asked is because shipping to Aus would be costly for something like a grip machine.

My father in law is also a panel beater with his own shop. He has access to welders and lots of scrap metal. He could make one up with the right plans.

I plan on ordering a COC 2, 2.5 and 3 from ironmind. They are far cheaper to ship over here though.

• Like 1