#4 Certification Request

Paul Savage

I would say Snatching the Inch DB would be the greatest grip feat ever.

According to Dale Harder's book, Mac Batchelor's pinch grip lift of 162 pounds was rated the greatest grip feat ever.

Even greater than Kinney's #4 close, if you can believe that. :yikes Snatching the Inch?... mind boggling!!! :bow

I think Kody's 122.7k 2HP in the 93k class is, by far, the greatest grip feat ever for the following reasons:

• done in competition (not just when you happen to be at your peak)
  • done in the most contested of all grip competition events
  • done at (compared to the heavyweights) a very light bodyweight

Essentially he made the rest of us look really, really weak.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 2

I think Kody's 122.7k 2HP in the 93k class is, by far, the greatest grip feat ever for the following reasons:

• done in competition (not just when you happen to be at your peak)
  • done in the most contested of all grip competition events
  • done at (compared to the heavyweights) a very light bodyweight

Essentially he made the rest of us look really, really weak.

I have thought the same.

Someday, a grip freak will snatch the Inch. I truly believe that. I snatched slightly over 100lbs on my Inch loadable last year. Nick McKinless snatched a baby Inch. Laine Snook has done within about 10kg of the full Inch weight, I think.

I would say Snatching the Inch DB would be the greatest grip feat ever.

According to Dale Harder's book, Mac Batchelor's pinch grip lift of 162 pounds was rated the greatest grip feat ever.

Even greater than Kinney's #4 close, if you can believe that. :yikes Snatching the Inch?... mind boggling!!! :bow

Mark Henry travels and trains with the Inch Bell replica. I spoke to the poor fellow that transports it for him.He has done a bunch of work with it including from what "is said "the bell snatched to arms length. I did not get exact details but I presume it was a huge high pull with a Olympic like drop and catch try with it. So, the feat may be closer to brining done. Now, a pure ,one hand power snatch of the thing....WOW!

Very cool Richard! I am not at all surprised by Mark Henry being able to snatch the Inch. I can think of two guys that may already be able to do it.

Paul, sorry about getting off topic on your log. I look forward to seeing your name on the #4 cert list!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are we still on for the end of this month, Paul?

Yeah i had to change it to august. I've had a bit of a hard time recently in that i moved house and just as we were moving my girlfriend had to go off work with a back injury so i've had to work as much overtime as possible as well as sort everything out at the house/take care of her. Result has been that my back has been getting pretty bad also, as well as not being able to get into any kind of routine with training. Now the move is finally complete and i can hopefully start getting into a proper routine leading upto the cert attempt. I've been 1/8" off ccs #4 and 1/16th off mms off hand last couple tries without being rested. Next attempt in couple weeks and i also have ghp9 here still in the bag. Will attempt ccs on that the thin handle gripper workout after next. I have new camera coming next month, still cant get current one to work. All i have is webcam and phone.

Yeah i had to change it to august. I've had a bit of a hard time recently in that i moved house and just as we were moving my girlfriend had to go off work with a back injury so i've had to work as much overtime as possible as well as sort everything out at the house/take care of her. Result has been that my back has been getting pretty bad also, as well as not being able to get into any kind of routine with training. Now the move is finally complete and i can hopefully start getting into a proper routine leading upto the cert attempt. I've been 1/8" off ccs #4 and 1/16th off mms off hand last couple tries without being rested. Next attempt in couple weeks and i also have ghp9 here still in the bag. Will attempt ccs on that the thin handle gripper workout after next. I have new camera coming next month, still cant get current one to work. All i have is webcam and phone.

Luck on the move, and hopefully with some rest and that ghp 9 in the bag...you'll get back up in running. Keep going

Thanks T

Yes will video the GHP9 attempt. HG500 was done mms off hand today, did 7, then 10 clickers from mms right, as well as a solid 1 inch paused close. Hard to get good video with webcam but uploaded the one with 10 clickers to my channel.

Paul is there a chance of anyone recording you while you attempt the ghp 9? To get a good angle on the attempt.

If you want to see a good example, check out Jonathan Vogt's GHP 9 attempt on youtube

, all of his videos are excellent.

Yeah hopefully can get my girlfriend to record, same with 4 attempt workout after. Am doing both with credit card. Also have a super elite being sent to me.

• Like 1