Tendinitis

jvance

Does anyone know a good routine for improving elbow tendinitis?

Starting to get pain in my upper forearm near the elbow when I do support grip movements

I had really bad tendinitis early last year. I started working in regular extensor work with IM Bands and it hasn't come back since.

Make sure your training is balanced. Plenty of extensor work as said above. Warmth and manual massage to help it heal faster.

I do extensors regularly... I've been resting pretty much the whole week... It's not intense but I don't want it to get worse

I do extensors regularly... I've been resting pretty much the whole week... It's not intense but I don't want it to get worse

Too much wrist thingy? Inside or outside of the forearm? Either way - roll it out with the "stick". That usually works pretty well but the wrist thingy usually fixes mine up with supper light higher reps. If it keeps up try some trigger point massage.

Thanks everyone :)

Too much wrist thingy? Inside or outside of the forearm? Either way - roll it out with the "stick". That usually works pretty well but the wrist thingy usually fixes mine up with supper light higher reps. If it keeps up try some trigger point massage.

Chris;

i don't think it was the wrist thingy - it hurts when i practice my 2hp techique with my 35s on a pipe with extra weight - the movement where i try to twist the plates and wrist curl backwards..

i will try a light high rep set with the wrist thingy tomorrow when i work and see if it helps

also, what do you mean by 'roll it out with the "stick" '?

Managed to get a workout in today - first day of training since resting all week

Strength was down but still managed a mms ghp 7 and did a little work with my homemade inch trainer

Chris: thanks for the advice about trigger point - seems to have helped, i didn't have any acute pain - just a little achy

Tom:

i've uploaded a photo of the "wrist thingy" - bought it off Chris Rice who made it

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10870

it works with a loading pin

Oh sweet, that's awesome

yes, its an indispensable little device :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know a good routine for improving elbow tendinitis?

Starting to get pain in my upper forearm near the elbow when I do support grip movements

Is it on the bottom of the forearm. Probably could be stress you get from the hypothenar eminence. I would sometimes feel discomfort in my inner elbow from doing Rolling Thunder.

yeah it has evolved into sort of a dull ache from the elbow to the top of the hand.. hard to locate - i guess i'll have to keep taking breaks from grip :unsure

thanks everyone... the tendinitis is starting to calm down - even after a tough workout at kody burns' place

did a lot of active rest today and a few light ccs's with my 2..

i just got to learn to recover better and maybe i can get back after the MM1 and qual for nat'ls

getting a lot of good help and encouragement which is making me better all-around :)

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1

I get the same thing, it's really annoying. This may or may not be useful for you - but ever since I cut out the main sources of omega 6, the inflammation went right down, especially any heated plant/seed oils. Along with the advice above - I especially find working the extensors helps.

Mr. Vance,

Rick Kaselj and I have a program out that addresses this: Fix My Elbow Pain

In a Nut Shell: Rick covers the rehab side of tennis elbow and golfer's elbow and I show the preventive side. It's only $27.

My preventive stuff has helped me keep it away for over two years now and I've shown it to a lot of my guys at The Grip Authority and it has helped them as well.

Good luck. I know it sucks. I have had it multiple times in each elbow, mainly due to not being proactive enough.

Jedd

thanks jedd,

might just check it out if the tax man's good this year

The taxman has to be good, otherwise he won't get any presents from santa.

• 2 weeks later...

just an update on the ongoing battle with mild tendinitus...

i've found that doing light stretches and light wrist curls with ten pounder has been starting to make a difference

i had been neglecting wrist strength the last 6 or so months and it has finally caught up

moral of the story: do your wrist curls... either with plates or barbell - but do not neglect the wrists

Something that I like that works immediately is flushing the area with a lot of blood. Do a circuit 3-5 times with band hammer curls and tricep pressdowns going for 30+ reps per set.

• Like 1

I really would consider removing the majority of omega 6's from your diet while you fight tendonitis, mine has completely gone since I coupled that with some extensor work. Don't cook in oils or eat nuts, replace with grass fed butter and coconut oil.

Seriously, it helps :P

good tip... i could always cut back on almonds... it'll be hard

gotta beat this tendinitis though... it is seriously holding me back

:angry: tendinitis really kicking my ass.... i guess i might have to walk away from grip for a while.. it is frustrating