The Bar Just Got Raised

Paul Savage

WOW- Mike has proven he is a force to be reckoned with in the present and for the future if he chooses to....

WOW!

Grip has just went to another level!!!

This is GREAT news though!!! Now that others know this can be done many PR's

will follow from other competitors. The mental governor on many has now been removed

from what's holding them back!!!

Congrats to Mr. Burke!!! :bow:bow:bow

Article says he was a snowboarder. I had a snowboarder crash into me one time skiing - sure glad it wasn't Mike!

That dude is STRONG!

Does anyone have any idea about his handsize? I'm genuinely curious.

Perhaps someone should introduce him to a two hand pinch apparatus and see what he is capable of with some training?? I mean, dang.... dude is powerful.

Sorry, this has been bothering me since I saw this post. I think its a real problem that we are worshiping at the altar of someone who most likely is juiced to the gills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him for such, as it is my understanding that most pro strongmen require pharmaceutics to compete. THAT, however, is a level playing field.

It seems to me that this small community of Grippers and Benders should have more respect for the art of strength that we pursue so vigorously, than to give away such accolades to someone obviously NOT on a level playing field.

• Like 2

Sorry, this has been bothering me since I saw this post. I think its a real problem that we are worshiping at the altar of someone who most likely is juiced to the gills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him for such, as it is my understanding that most pro strongmen require pharmaceutics to compete. THAT, however, is a level playing field.

It seems to me that this small community of Grippers and Benders should have more respect for the art of strength that we pursue so vigorously, than to give away such accolades to someone obviously NOT on a level playing field.

I'm in complete agreement with these sentiments. I'd like to believe that Burke's clean, but I don't. Are we going to start putting asterisks on everything?

• Like 1

Look, juiced or not (I'd at least like to believe he isn't, but I have no idea really; not making any claims either way) those are big damn numbers, and should give us all something to aspire to; NOT taking steroids, but pushing our boundaries and lifting super heavy.

Personally, I don't care whether or not he is juiced up, all I care about is outlifting him. So the mark has been raised? Cool, bring it on, I love a good challenge. I'll raise it higher, and I'll do it clean, because I am and always will be.

• Like 1

Innocent until proven guilty ! Burke is clean !!

• Like 1

3.5 cert as well if you missed that. After all the other junk it sounds like he still easily smashed it. The gripper looks like a minature toy in his hand.

Yeah in the picture for the #3.5 cert his hands look massive.

Guest Squat More

Who cares if he's juiced, there are a TON of guys, and many on this board as well I would bet who couldn't do that no matter how much test was pumped into their system. Stop trying to piss on someones accomplishments.

"U jelly bro?"

• Like 2

Who cares if he's juiced, there are a TON of guys, and many on this board as well I would bet who couldn't do that no matter how much test was pumped into their system. Stop trying to piss on someones accomplishments.

"U jelly bro?"

Seriously?

I don't know...maybe Andrew Durniat. Just a guess. Maybe it doesn't bother him in the least.

Accusations of drug use and such and talk about roids in general is for other boards...not the GripBoard.

Per our rules:

4. We do not talk about performance enhancing drugs on the GripBoard.

Thanks guys.

Accusations of drug use and such and talk about roids in general is for other boards...not the GripBoard.

Per our rules:

4. We do not talk about performance enhancing drugs on the GripBoard.

Thanks guys.

Apologies Bill. "Do not talk about Fight Club" got it.

"U jelly bro?"

Seriously?

I don't know...maybe Andrew Durniat. Just a guess. Maybe it doesn't bother him in the least.

Doesn't bother me at all. We're all there to do our best and try to win the competition. I want to compete against the best and strongest, so I go to the LA FtiExpo. Everything else is a personal decision. My job is to get stronger, I can complain about it or just get stronger.

• Like 5

"I can complain about it or just get stronger."

Andrew, I couldn't agree more.