Gold Rush

anwnate

Just makes sense to vid uncharted territory, especially for a beta tester. PK and other benders did it. IMO not doing a vid for an unknown reason is unacceptable in this day and age. Grab your phone, slap it on a table, tape the bend, and hit the upload button. Sharing vids has never been so easy. Just means someone purposely doesn't want others to see what he "did". I don't know why, but that's what it means.

• Like 1

Seems just pointless to list the undocumented guys. I also vote to have them removed. Especially nonsense claims like reverse gold nail...

Speaking of paul does he still train? I saw he has not posted a video in 4 months.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Sorry I don't quite agree with the statements about Pat or for that matter Wes. Neither Pat nor Wes is on here posting about how they killed a Gold. People bend for their own reasons. Some want the attention that comes with world class feats of strength and if thats the case then yeah you better make damn sure you have the video. Personally i have very little interest in seeing my ugly face on video, so i had to be prodded many times to post on steelbenders.org and do so only for advice on my technique and maybe a few attaboys. I don't know Pat at all but I have little doubt he could bend a Gold. And voting to have them 'removed' from a list they never asked to be on seems a little silly to me. I agree with DR though, it seems like not posting a video means there is a reason someone might not want others to see. Maybe it's fear of competition, maybe something else. It's unfortunate.

Daniel is right about the GB rule to substantiate world record level claims. Please keep it in mind when posting.

the quote i highlighted, shark:

are you trying to take jabs shark? do you have a problem with me posting i bent a gold nail?

and dont act like someone had to twist your arm to get you to post your red nail vid. cuz you know darn good and well you filmed it for a reason.

Not at all Tommy, I thinks its awesome that you put in the time and work. Its a world class feat of strength and I said so. Why would I have a problem with it? I think usually I'm the first one to comment on your videos at 2 in the morning with rocking smileys and dropped jaws.

My comment wasn't directed at you AT ALL. What I said about Wes is that he isn't on here posting that he bent a Gold Nail. Same thing with Pat. Neither one of them asked to be on a list SOMEONE ELSE made, and then decided they didn't need to be on.

For me, this was actually more about Pat. I only met him once, and he was unassuming and quiet. I don't quite understand what all the drama surrounding him is. All I know is Adam always talked about his bending with respect and it bothers me that there seems to be so many jabs at him. Maybe its a respect your elders thing, but he came before all of us in this pursuit, and I don't feel like he owes us anything, especially if he's not on here making claims personally. I wasn't around for all the drama times so I guess I don't know the full story. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

And yeah haha I was proud of my Red bend sure. I also put in a ton of time and work to make that happen. But I really don't like looking at myself in the mirror, not alone on video. Andy had to constantly pester me to video myself.

I'm sorry if you felt the above was in any way directed at you, it certainly wasn't.

exactly dude. I was the first one to say if you are going to post on here and say you did something, there should be video. you document all your bends and I personally think that shows a great respect for what we are doing. seriously I mean that. Andy convinced me of that. taking the time to document a bend is showing proper respect. I'm the guy that actually DOESN'T fast forward through all the wrapping.

MY problem is that neither of those guys is on here. neither posted a bend or a claim, and for me, some of the comments by others felt like we we're talking about them behind their backs and that just doesn't sit right with me, especially when they did not even request to be part of the discussion. if I have a problem with someone, I will tell them directly.

Like I said, my comment wasn't directed at you at all. You bent the steel, posted the video and now that's part of bending history. It was great to watch. I watched it 3 times haha.

I can see where it might seem like I changed my mind. What I'm trying to say is maybe Pat did bend the Gold, maybe not, but until he walks up to me or posts in this thread making an unsubstantiated claim, I don't feel I (or we, as a thread) have the right to speak ill of him. Benefit of the doubt. This OTHER guy chimes in and makes a public claim to reversing a Gold in IMP's, and yeah I am also gonna be out in the front calling B.S. I hope that clears it up.

Peace brother.

• Like 1

Congrats to EJ for killing his first Gold (albeit a barely prekinked one)! He should move into the top tier in the near future. I'm abandoning my post as list keeper. If someone wants to maintain it...have at it...pleast just keep it fun. The Gold is a truly monumental bend. Anyone who can manage even a piece of it is monster strong. All the best. - N

Gold bent under 2" any pads, no time limit.

1. Paul Knight - has posted YT Video

2. Justin Straussner - has posted YT Video

3. Tommy Jennings - has posted YT Video

Gold..."In the hunt."

A. EJ Livesey - has posted YT Video (completely bent a Gold that had small starter kink)

B. Hannes Kainz - has posted YT Video

C. Chad Kovach has posted YT Video

D. Wes Inman - has posted YT Video

Gold…undocumented.

1. Patrick Povilaitis

2. Batraz Tibilov

Apparently EJ's Gold was indeed a full bend and not prekinked. Quite the elite group of names.

1. Paul Knight - has posted YT Video

2. Justin Straussner - has posted YT Video

3. Tommy Jennings - has posted YT Video

4. EJ Livesey - has posted YT Video

Gold..."In the hunt."

A. Hannes Kainz - has posted YT Video

B. Chad Kovach has posted YT Video

C. Wes Inman - has posted YT Video

Gold…undocumented.

1. Patrick Povilaitis

2. Batraz Tibilov

this guy seems like he could do some damage on the gold nail

He DU bent a 5.9 inch red in one imp few days ago

Batraz Tibilov bent Gold nail once, with reverse style, in IM pads. But it took around an hour(as he said).

..and behind his back, right?

Bartaz is a strong guy for sure, but reverse ????

I saw him bend a red in one IMP > and that bend takes all he have it seems.

Maybe he worked hard on his reverse, but without a vid............!

My reverse is not so bad > i try one gold reverse in a next trainingsesson > i do not think that i can move a gold a little.

But Tommy sad me a gold is around 540 or so > so a reverse movement is not that far away from possible ( i have moved bars at 520 with reverse in thin pads) > its a nice idea.

I think Batraz should be able to move it DU!

• 5 years later...

I would like to get an accurate list of all documented Gold Nail benders.

It seems that as of 2/17/13, this was the list:

1. Paul Knight 

2. Justin Straussner

3. Tommy Jennings 

4. EJ Livesey 

After that date, I remember seeing Gold Nail videos from Juha Lehtimäki and Delmar Carter. I also believe Robert Miller has done it in doubles.  I saw videos from 2 Russian benders: 1)  Alexander Kirillov (I believe his bend was a Gold Nail replica and not from Ironmind) and 2) Alex Klimovich ( @AlexPritula confirmed that he bought the nail from Ironmind.  Maybe Alex would know if Alexander Kirillov has done one on video of a Gold Nail from Ironmind).

That would make the current list:

1. Paul Knight

2. Justin Straussner

3. Tommy Jennings 

4. EJ Livesey

5. Juha Lehtimäki

6. Delmar Carter

7. Robert Miller

8. Alex Klimovich

Does anyone have info or names to add to this list?

Also, I have not seen the video by @Tommy J.. Tommy, I would love to see your video if you don't mind sharing. Always motivating to see big bends.  Thanks. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the info Juha. Updated list:

1. Paul Knight

2. Justin Straussner

3. Tommy Jennings 

4. EJ Livesey

5. Juha Lehtimäki

6. Delmar Carter

7. Robert Miller

8. Alex Klimovich

9. Heikki Turakainen

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2013 at 12:51 PM, daniel reinard said:

Just makes sense to vid uncharted territory, especially for a beta tester. PK and other benders did it. IMO not doing a vid for an unknown reason is unacceptable in this day and age. Grab your phone, slap it on a table, tape the bend, and hit the upload button. Sharing vids has never been so easy. Just means someone purposely doesn't want others to see what he "did". I don't know why, but that's what it means.

I was reading through this old series of posts because of the recent updates.  I definitely agree with what you're saying here.  A guy that does strongman performances for audiences doesn't want to video a bend of a first of its kind feat?  Huh. 

• 1 month later...

@Donc101 thanks for the shoutout brother!  

I’m back chasing the Gold as well although I’m currently dealing with some injuries. (Old man problems) 😬😎

It is an honor to be mentioned among the elite guys on this list!  I feel Tommy, Juha & EJ are the closest to certing this monster bar one day... but I haven’t given up yet!  

Delmar too although I think he’s taking a break from heavy bending? @Delmarbbq

The kink in this bar is insane regardless of the pads used...  the last full bend I did was in 2016 in heavy leathers.  I don’t feel the crush is tougher than the KOAB but the kink is monumental in any pads!  

Salute gentlemen & good luck to all in your training!!  💪🏻💪🏻💯

Robert

• Like 3