Gold Rush

anwnate

screw up...need to repost

I'd like to start a non-personalized thread about any and all people who can bend the Iron Mind Gold Nail under 2" regardless of how long it takes and what padding is used.

Hopefully we can use the thread to kind of track any known progress.

I believe everyone here used doubles.

1. Tommy Jennings

2. Paul Knight

3. Justin Straussner

4. Patrick Povilaitis

5. Wes Inman

Who am I missing?

Chad and Hannes can kill it, but they can't kink it.

good post btw ;)

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Thanks for the info Tommy...thought you had finished it off later on.

Good points and good eye...I'll let Wes know. That was his first attempt at the Gold (he had kinked it off camera...so prekinked is sort of correct).

Perhaps it would be best to have two lists...numbered for the "full monty" and lettered for Kink/Sweep or Sweep/Crush...or just "in the hunt." I can't find a video of PP bending one, but I think there is a certain amount reasonableness to the assertion. Who knows, maybe he'll do a video if someone (I'll give it a shot) asks.

I'm not going to put links on this actual updated list, because it'll soon become a link fiesta and I don't have special mod powers to keep it under control.

Tell me if this adjusted list looks alright.

1. Paul Knight - has posted YT Video

2. Justin Straussner - has posted YT Video

3. Patrick Povilaitis

A. Tommy Jennings - has posted YT Video

B. Hannes Kainz - has posted YT Video

C. Chad Kovach has posted YT Video

4. Wes Inman - has posted YT Video

Ok whoops...that was Chad Kovach, not Rickicki

To my knowledge, Aaron doesn't really bend seriously anymore. Though, in top form, I'm sure he would put a nasty hurtin' on the Gold. It's cool to see this very short list. Edit: I saw the 6" x 5/16" square that he bent when I went to his place last year. That thing is wicked! A very monstrous piece of steel!

Edited by Idiedintothe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

tab button fiasco

Gold bent under 2" any pads, no time limit.

3. Tommy Jennings - has posted YT Video

4. Patrick Povilaitis

Gold...in the hunt.

A. Hannes Kainz - has posted YT Video

B. Chad Kovach has posted YT Video

C. Wes Inman - has posted YT Video

this guy seems like he could do some damage on the gold nail

He DU bent a 5.9 inch red in one imp few days ago

Batraz Tibilov bent Gold nail once, with reverse style, in IM pads. But it took around an hour(as he said).

Jeeeeez that sounds impressive. Golly gee I wish there was some video of it.

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

The GB has a rule about elite claims. I take the worlds hardest cert deserves a little video to back it up. (Cough cough Pat P too) Have him do a video. I'd watch an hour of that. Heck, i've watched alot more in just 60d nails over the years.

I think the unwritten rule is: If there isn't a video, it never happened.

While I don't personally quite agree with that, if I was going to bend a Gold Nail reverse, I'd damn sure want to brag about it and show people.

Just an FYI about feats...not that he claimed it for himself but others may declare proof is needed.

Rule #2. World Class feats must be supported with video evidence. Posts without proof will be locked until proof is provided.

I scrolled through this guy's youtube page and there are a lot of really impressive feats, including some good bends. However, there is a huge difference between a one IMP Red bend or even a DU five inch red (something many people can do) and bending a Gold in any style. If he did it once, he can do it again. A Gold in IMP's reverse is something we would all love to see.

As improbable as a Gold in IMPs DO is, I seriously doubt it's possible to be reversed.

that would be possibly the greatest unbraced bending feat ever.

Edited by Idiedintothe

This is not a claim. Because I was saying not about myself.
This is some secret info(and, maybe, a spoiler).

And there is Pat P in the list...

Please, if Batraz won`t do it soon on video blame only him, not me :grin:

I think the unwritten rule is: If there isn't a video, it never happened.

I agree.

Surprised aaron hasn't tried to post a video up. He has the highest unbraced bend in contest I believe. In doubles I think he could do damage on the gold also.

agreed. IMO he could be bitch slapping everyone elses best bends within a month or two back at it. lol!

In 3/29/11, Aaron Corcorran weighed in on beta-testing of the Gold. At the time, he said his body was too built up to get into position on a bar that big.

I started this thread in hopes that it developed into something valuable for both sightseers and those chasing alike. Until Tommy…err I mean someone, certifies on the IM Gold Nail under current cert. conditions, there will be a Kinney-esque quality towards all claims, whether or not there is a video released showing what is purported to be an IM Gold Nail bend.

I had included Patrick Povilaitis on the list because I wanted to try and be as inclusive as possible. Despite the lack of video evidence, Pat's been a respected bender/strongman for years, sits on a dozen or so FBBC cert. lists, and was one of the original beta-testers of the Gold Nail itself. In the IM thread "Iron Mind Gold Nail Announced" (#45), he gave an informative and thorough dissection of the nail and was an outspoken critic of the original jagged (ungrinded) ends they first came with. Although in that post Pat specifically states that he would not pursue the Certification, I was uncomfortable excluding him from the list, because he is one a very short list of people in the world that could possibly hope for success.

This list is about as "official" as we chose to make it. Nothing actually hangs on the inclusion or exclusion of a name. Since I believe that this thread should be evolving as opposed to stagnant, I'd prefer to move Pat to a third category (Undocumented), rather than remove him entirely, especially since he was (unproven of course) the first person (a day or two before PK) to ever bend the Gold. (BTW...Pat is aware of this thread. Although I have faith in his Gold bend, I doubt any amount of prodding will get him to post a video...it will have to be something he does on a whim.) Hopefully, by slowly tweaking this list, we will be able to provide a decent overview of those capable or actually training for the "IM Gold Nail". What it's not going to expose…are any sleepers out there working on it quietly.

Gold bent under 2" any pads, no time limit.

3. Tommy Jennings - has posted YT Video

Gold..."In the hunt."

A. Hannes Kainz - has posted YT Video

B. Chad Kovach has posted YT Video

C. Wes Inman - has posted YT Video

Gold…undocumented.

1. Patrick Povilaitis

2. Batraz Tibilov