A New Rising Lady Star! Shocking!

1stCoC

I was contacted about two months ago in regards to working with a female athlete which had let's say amazing power potential. I agreed to give her a chance to see if she enjoyed training with us and with the support of Joe "House"Wilson, and his amazing athlete wife Adrianne ( first lady certed on the #2)we started young Dannielle on her many quests for strength. Her lifting is going up every day .Deadlifting now in the low 400s and knocked out squats in a pair of sweatpants 405x5 and a remarkable 425x3 the other day. The axle is in the mid 230s now She is increasing every workout. She was interested in grip and when Adrian wanted her to "get the tour" she started formal grip training as part of her workout. Last night with really no warmup took a new #2 and wide set it shut several lightning fast "scary" closes with the ........with EITHER hand! I was truly amazed. I prompted her to try a credit card and with a cool demeanor and a bit of new fumbling trying to use the card she slammed it close several single times either hand as well. With a practice plan going in motion I see her certifying if she chooses right and left and pretty likely by summer to do the same with the 2.5. With the way the 2 closed I have a suspicion the 3 may actually be eventually done as well . She is a great person with a solid work ethic. I think she will go far! She feels welcome in her new surroundings. R.Sorin

• Like 10

I was contacted about two months ago in regards to working with a female athlete which had let's say amazing power potential. I agreed to give her a chance to see if she enjoyed training with us and with the support of Joe "House"Wilson, and his amazing athlete wife Adrianne ( first lady certed on the #2)we started young Dannielle on her many quests for strength. Her lifting is going up every day .Deadlifting now in the low 400s and knocked out squats in a pair of sweatpants 405x5 and a remarkable 425x3 the other day. The axle is in the mid 230s now She is increasing every workout. She was interested in grip and when Adrian wanted her to "get the tour" she started formal grip training as part of her workout. Last night with really no warmup took a new #2 and wide set it shut several lightning fast "scary" closes with the ........with EITHER hand! I was truly amazed. I prompted her to try a credit card and with a cool demeanor and a bit of new fumbling trying to use the card she slammed it close several single times either hand as well. With a practice plan going in motion I see her certifying if she chooses right and left and pretty likely by summer to do the same with the 2.5. With the way the 2 closed I have a suspicion the 3 may actually be eventually done as well . She is a great person with a solid work ethic. I think she will go far! She feels welcome in her new surroundings. R.Sorin

Wow. Just wow.

We had a number of years a gal very similar that at the age of 14. ( yes 14) set 11 world records for age group including all RAW 440 deadlift, 468 squat and a 257 bench! Her hand strength was evident when she did lockouts off blocks barehanded with 600. She went on to represent the USA in world weightlifting. With a bit of coaching miss D will I think give most anyone in the world of grip a run for their money. I would not be surprised if she could soon do a TNS close with a #2 with a gripper in each hand at the same time as I once saw Pat Povalitis do. It is great seeing and working with wonderful new talent like this. R.Sorin

Amazing lady!

Dear Richard, do not want to offer the young person test in

Rolling Thunder (Women's Current World Record Ludmila Gaiduchenko 77.2 kg) ;

Euro Pinch (Women's Current World Record Open Elizabeth Horne – 81.05k = 178.7 lbs);

Silver Bullets (Women's Current World Record Elizabeth Horne 23.22 sec. CoC#2);

for Ironmind Axle Double Overhand Deadlift best results that I know of - Ludmila Gaiduchenko - 272.3 lbs.

We will see where her interest lies. I would think she is not far from those marks. I can still see in my minds eye that #2 gripper getting closed in a flash like almost no serious effort was required. When she first tried the card set ,grabbed the gripper and "kind of set" it in her hand and squeezed it a bit down past the card width , tried to insert the card, did not get it in , then said calmly "oops" ,opened the gripper back open wide enough to insert the card , pull it out,....then...shut it. Wait untill she learns what to do!

Richard- Are you talking about Jenna Bussard from years back? I remember a long time ago when the Grip Board was very young that you had a strong girl in your facility named Jenna who was deadlifting lots of weight off of blocks.

Edited by 3Crusher

Jenna is the young lady that showed up at the request of a private trainer and her parents that felt they really couldn't help her. I perhaps thought it was a handicapped situation or injury rehab. I agreed to meet her ( she looked real healthy) I asked her "the question" just what DO you want? In a simple eye to eye statement she said " I want to be strong". That was ALL I needed to hear. I never saw her fail a training lift and her strength in power movements was boundless. I do remember her at age 14 do a triple in training with the existing world mark inthe deadlift with each successive rep a request by me to "do another "answered by a quiet (during the lift) " ok". Her grip and forearm strength was high as well. With no warmup I asked her to try a strict hammer curl with dumb bells. She said her usual "ok" and hammer curled a pair of 75s up........then smiled and strict pressed them! That was amazing! Somehow all the time and effort is worth it to see quality people like that in your lifetime. I have been very lucky. R

If its really a woman, its really cool.

She wasnt born a dude? :)

How about a little background? Other sport history - power lifter - age - or just a naturally strong women who came out of no where so to speak?

Sounds like a good hype up Richard, do you have any video or could she post something to back up what you saw. I'd be willing to bet 95% of men couldn't squat those numbers or close a #2. I have to say she's pretty strong, can't wait to hear more.

Adrian Blewett Wilson ladies multi time highland games champion and certified first #2 closer for women is there for every workout. They have recent films of Danielle training .Perhaps they would share them. House Wilson her husband and quite a strongman and grip advocate was standing there as well for all of what I spoke of. I have a few ideas for some things I would enjoy to see her do but ,so far it is just training, getting used to new grip implements and getting ready to perhaps get serious. I will try to keep any of the interested crowd out there updated with her progress. Thanks, R.Sorin

• Like 1

A woman strictly hammer curled 75's ??? Wow, I suddenly feel so girly. For my own ego I want to think there was some swing involved as with most curls, haha :P

Please rememberI was answering about 14 year old Jenna Bussard about the hammer curl and press. Our new gal Danielle is the grip/ squat phenom. I my travels I have seen the best and strongest the US and the world for nearly a half century. I know when I see strong. It is a delight to work with the new talent. R.Sorin

• Like 1

Having seen the strongest of men and women, Daniel would have been an impressive site. You don't need to post a video to back up your observations, as your word is enough. Tell her to keep it up!

Last night Danielle in between single reps with 385 to 405 in the deadlift did a bit of grip work with me. The 6-8 heavy deads she did took a bit out of her and each two sets of grippers were done between deadlifts. Still a very new thing to her she actually got the grippers into TNS position and walked through paired closes of #1,#1.5, and on 4 attempts to shut the #2 held in each hand came within 1/4" on two try's and getting tired 3/8" on the last two trial sets.I was pretty impressed with her first day of directed grip training. The paired #2 s should come quick after she finishes her first upcoming power meet which is right around the corner. I want to bring her up to speed on base grip training and getting used to the various grip tools before grinding away on any standing records. She is still in her early twenties and should have a long career ahead. She was very pleased to hear people were interested and supportive of grip and perhaps her efforts. I assured her there are many.

• Like 2

Give her our best - we'll be watching (not in a creepy way :))

• 2 weeks later...

Ms. D is getting ready for her meet and continues to push the grip and pl numbers up. She did a nice raw squat with 450, several #2 closes using a credit card and I was sent a picture of her the other night lifting by the horn a 91 and 100 lb. anvils with one in each hand. Not bad for just training! After the meet I hope she steps up her grip training to really see what is possible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

D did a record exceeding deadlift at her first meet. Her 430 raw went above a long standing record by Jenna Bussard a lady I was able to help get started in her lifting career. With first goals met perhaps........it's GRIP time! Adrian and D sure can move some weight be it grip or barbells .It is a great pleasure to have them train with us. Seeing them casually shut #2 grippers inspires everyone.

• 1 year later...

A very old thread, but...

Met Danielle yesterday in San Jose at the IronMind Record Breakers contest.

I asked her about sports in college and she said she was "a thrower". What did you throw?, I asked. "Shot, Discus, and Hammer, everything but the Javelin".

She beat Amy Wattles in MAS Wrestling, which is not an easy feat. Her performances in the Rolling Thunder, Axle, and Silver Bullet were not quite at the level of Amy, but very good. What I thought was interesting is that watching her try grippers, her left and right hand strength was within 1% of each other, which is pretty darned unusual.

She seems like a very nice lady.

Baby D is a hard working wonderful spirit lady of strength. To excel in Highland games, powerlifting, strong women, Mas wrestling, field track events ,and grip is no easy task but is done with a heart of gold and a quiet iron will. She is young and with her work ethic should be at the top of several "worlds best "lists for years! Glad Mr. Hub had the opportunity to meet her.

She did attempt a WR ( just missed) in the log press at the Arnold's Strongwomen where she placed second , at my birthday /Summerstrong7 .In comers deadlift she pulled a lifetime best raw of 500. So very proud of her. She is returning out west to compete again this week . A busy lady!