New Gripper

macaz

No idea. Im not sure how much they are or if we can order then in the US

As far as I can see, They seem to only ship within Korea. Also, they rate the gold at '102kg', which I'm going to assume means in the middle of the handle, thus giving around 250lbs - slightly harder than a COC #2.5. Great find.

EDIT: Just realised, they've given calibration measurements in the middle of the handle and end of the handle - 102kg for the middle, 68kg (150lbs-ish) for the end of the Gold.

19000 South Korean Won equals

17.98 US Dollar

Looks great. I noticed the guy said he closed "heavy position" I think that means putting the rotating handle in the palm. The other way would be a lot easier. Very cool.

Matt can you look into these for your store please?
  • Like 1

What advantage would a rotating handle have, I know it has to do something but I don't feel like thinking right now.

What advantage would a rotating handle have, I know it has to do something but I don't feel like thinking right now.

Warren made a couple of double rotating handles grippers. He said they are much harder to close. Kind of like a smooth handle gripper on roids.

With the rotation on the finger side closing the gripper will feel way better and be a little easier than a normal gripper. I had the fingerside handle come loose on my IM #1.5 It felt great to close when it was loose.

The rotating handle in the palm side would make it a bear to stabilize and close.

Sent an e-mail to them, hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow (inquiring about shipping).

Found this on Youtube as well.

• Like 1

Warren made a couple of double rotating handles grippers. He said they are much harder to close. Kind of like a smooth handle gripper on roids.

With the rotation on the finger side closing the gripper will feel way better and be a little easier than a normal gripper. I had the fingerside handle come loose on my IM #1.5 It felt great to close when it was loose.

The rotating handle in the palm side would make it a bear to stabilize and close.

That makes sense, thanks

Looks like they have a set without the swivel handle too.

They have that Ironmind look with the band in the middle just like that series made in Russia (cant remember the name). Funny how they feel the need to imitate the COC series. RS must be flattered. :)

http://www.zoeunsports.co.kr/index.php?salegdno=191&gtype=1&pgurl=shop/sh_goods_view&ctpose=AAC&ctno=319&otype=6&

This is an adjustable gripper they sell too. Looks nice. They also have their own version of fat grips they call fatzo grips.. Kind of funny

Anyone know about these, Manus maybe?

http://www.silvis.co.kr/goods/catalog?code=00050001

Wire size 7,5mm on level5(X) Steel handles.

Funnily enough, I'd ordered a Manus gripper from griptraining.co.uk - and was told they were out of stock. I was offered a SILVIS gripper instead - here's the quote:

Unfortunately, the Animal Hunter is out of stock.

If you want, I can send you another gripper called Dinosaur Hunter - Heavy Metal

which is a new gripper that I make by SILVIS (taking over MANUS). (Steel handle / no Knurling & 82 carbon steel spring)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into this. I can confim that Silvis is Manus. They are splitting off the different products and rebranding them.

Rotating handle grippers are nothing new and Warren Tetting originally came up with the idea (late 2008)

before this Korean company but regardless the revolving handles are unique and quite a challenge.

I own a proto-type revolving handle gripper made by Warren and in 2009 I had Warren make me a

gripper with just one revolving handle (for comparison) and from my experience the one with only one revolving handle is better than one with both. I took both grippers to Eric's house one weekend and he and Paul Knight both gave them a try and we all agreed that the single revolving handle was more desirable and created a better

training effect than the gripper with both. Keep in mind I'm not speaking for anyone else. Everyone is unique and has

different preferences but one thing I can say with confidence is that if an training advantage can't be achieved with

a product (gripper or otherwise) then it becomes a non-essential regardless of its uniqueness.

The main issue with both handles revolving is the very high probability of the gripper flying out of your hand and

this probability goes up exponentially as you go up in wire size. Also, if one can't exert a certain amount of force on

the gripper then gaining any progress is fairly slim. With the single rotating handle things become more realistic and there's enough challenge (with the revolving handle placed in the fingers) to achieve a training effect. Placing the revolving handle in the palm defeats the purpose as it will become bound up in the skin in your palm and become non-rotating anyway. Hope my insights are helpful here!

Offering eccentric handle grippers that I bought from PythonGrip (made by Arian Tepper, GB member) would be a great addition IMO! I own a +6 eccentric and a -6 eccentric gripper from Arian. Awesome grippers indeed and more beneficial from a training perspective to progress to heavier grippers than revolving handle grippers for sure!!!

Revolving handle grippers seem to be more desirable from a collector standpoint than anything! They are very unique,

challenging, and fun to mess around with and to be able to say you own one! LOL!

Matt, it's great to see you trying to expand your product line! Variety is key to a successful business if there's a market

for the products!

Great job my friend!!! :bow

• Like 1

I have one Rainbow Twist gripper 108kg, this is a high quality gripper with one revolving handle, handles are anodized with different colors for each level, spring has phosphate coating for high resistance against rust, resistance of gold color handles gripper like CoC ~ 2.5, but revolving handle makes this gripper harder to close, I close this gripper TNS only easy position when revolving handle is in the fingertips. This gripper very nice collectable item, Zoeun Sports company has also regular grippers, I've heard about another 3 hard levels of Rainbow Ultra gripper coming soon!?

• Like 1

Offering eccentric handle grippers that I bought from PythonGrip (made by Arian Tepper, GB member) would be a great addition IMO! I own a +6 eccentric and a -6 eccentric gripper from Arian. Awesome grippers indeed and more beneficial from a training perspective to progress to heavier grippers than revolving handle grippers for sure!!!

Thank You Joe! :) I will try to explain more details about Eccentric handles gripper. Almost a 8 months ago I did some experimental grippers with eccentric holes in the handles ( every handle has 3mm eccentric holes ), I found some interesting things when handles are inside, for example I will take eccentric gripper calibrated RGC = 74.4кг ( like СоС 3.23 ), gripper spread 70mm:

1. First important thing is to understand this gripper has working range like regular gripper, only spring range is defferent!

2. This gripper solves left hand last millimeters discomfort close effect, because spring range is limited at the end of close

3. Less range, less resistance lose

4. This gripper has actually hard start like CoC 3.5 but finish is weaker like CoC 3.23!

i-277.jpg

i-278.jpg

i-279.jpg

First experimental eccentric gripper, handles inside +6mm

Also eccentric gripper, handles outside -6mm

• Like 2