North American Grip Sport Championship 2013

andurniat

I've created a new pinned topic with a list of all qualified athletes. also in that thread are all paid athletes with projected weight classes. as soon as this years is over we can change the tital and update the list for next years athletes.

there is still time to get qualified for this years championship.

I have received a couple of questions about 'Liquid Grip'.

'Liquid Grip' is NOT permitted at the North American Grip Sport Championships. Use of Liquid Grip will result in disqualification.

Magnesium Carbonate (chalk) is the only grip aid allowed at the competition.

• Like 1

Andrew - I assume you are providing the chalk, correct?

Andrew - I assume you are providing the chalk, correct?

Yes, I will have plenty for everyone.

Not sure what will be available for rated grippers, but I have a nice selection in the 150 - 170 range. These were all rated by Matt Cannon. Let me know if you would like me to bring any of them.

CoC #3 @ 149

BBGM @ 151

BBE @ 155

BBE @ 158

BBE @ 159

BBE @ 161

BBE @ 163

BBE @ 165

BBE @ 168

• Like 1

Not sure what will be available for rated grippers, but I have a nice selection in the 150 - 170 range. These were all rated by Matt Cannon. Let me know if you would like me to bring any of them.

CoC #3 @ 149

BBGM @ 151

BBE @ 155

BBE @ 158

BBE @ 159

BBE @ 161

BBE @ 163

BBE @ 165

BBE @ 168

My quick answer is yes. I will PM you with a specific list of which to bring.

jedd johnson and shane scantland added to the paid athlete roster. we now have 13 paid athletes.

Attendence is looking to be up this year and some weight-classes may only have a single competitor. If this is the case, the single competitor will have the choice of remaining in their class and receiving 1st place, by default. Or they could join the next weight class up to compete head to head, no award given for the lighter empty class. Everyone still only competing in a single class unless you pay for an additional class. All records will count for the weight-class you officially weigh-in.

i will gladly compete up but there is no way in hell i'd be able to cut down a class. tried that and failed miserably.

keep an eye on things. there are still a bunch of people who have said they will be there who aren't on the list yet.

i will gladly compete up but there is no way in hell i'd be able to cut down a class. tried that and failed miserably.

Nobody is forced to compete up. You will have the option if you are the lone person in a weight-class. You show up, you deserve to be recognized, but the option is there.

We will be running two platforms at Nationals for the 2 hands pinch and axle events. Both 2hp set-ups will be rising bar and with the quick width change ability. Both 2hp set-up disks and axles will be completely cleaned morning of the competition to ensure an even surface between the two. Likewise, we are establishing a precedent for the occasional hand tear and blood issue, equipment was cleaned prior and won't be an issue to clean again when blood occurs. This will also be a huge time saver with the amount of competitors we are anticipating to have. We expect to have separate 2hp and axles for warm-ups as well.

Specific weight-classes will be designated to each platform.

• Like 1

A few questions:

Will one warm-up be allowed on the 'competition' 2HPs? Reason I ask is if the surfaces are different, I'm wondering if it's possible to warm up on one, but bomb out on the comp one? I don't mean to open up a can of worms, I'm just curious what people's thoughts are.

On the Chris Rice internal & external rotation hammers, what will be the weights loaded on these and the distance from handle to weight?

Thanks Andrew for putting this on - I'm sure this is a lot of work getting all the equipment together, etc.

A few questions:

Will one warm-up be allowed on the 'competition' 2HPs? Reason I ask is if the surfaces are different, I'm wondering if it's possible to warm up on one, but bomb out on the comp one? I don't mean to open up a can of worms, I'm just curious what people's thoughts are.

On the Chris Rice internal & external rotation hammers, what will be the weights loaded on these and the distance from handle to weight?

Thanks Andrew for putting this on - I'm sure this is a lot of work getting all the equipment together, etc.

We will have all searches as equal as possible. We are NOT buffing the disks to a polished surface, just cleaning any skin and chalk build-up. You will be able to take 'warm-up' on the comp 2hp just as well always have. I do not expect to see many numbers lower than usual.

Chris can better answer about the internal/external, as he has them at his place and I would see them until a week before.

The inside/outside lever last year was my 8# sledge hammer with a 1.25# plate attached for a head weight of 9.25# - the handle length is 31" from tip of handle to the closest part of the head. In years past I used two different shorter steel bars with weights. Andrew can pick which he wants of course - I prefer the sledge myself - it's a better challenge I think. The difficultly level is about the same either way with the sledge being a tiny bit tougher perhaps. I can measure the other setup if anyone in interested.

• Like 1

The inside/outside lever last year was my 8# sledge hammer with a 1.25# plate attached for a head weight of 9.25# - the handle length is 31" from tip of handle to the closest part of the head. In years past I used two different shorter steel bars with weights. Andrew can pick which he wants of course - I prefer the sledge myself - it's a better challenge I think. The difficultly level is about the same either way with the sledge being a tiny bit tougher perhaps. I can measure the other setup if anyone in interested.

We'll go with the described sledgehammers. Thank you Chris.

We'll go with the described sledgehammers. Thank you Chris.

I guess I totally forgot we did internal external with a sledge hammer last year...Thanks for posting.

Andrew, the NAGS rules allow for it, but will we be allowed to weigh-in at 8:00 AM (2 hours prior to start time)?

Andrew, the NAGS rules allow for it, but will we be allowed to weigh-in at 8:00 AM (2 hours prior to start time)?

Yes you will. I will be here.

Here is the current Sponsors list/links:

Durniat Strength

Sorinex Exercise Equipment

Diesel Crew

FarmStrength

Chris Rice

Hubgeezer

Todd Coenen

Zach Even-Esh – Underground Strength

Matt Vincent – TrainingLAB

EliteFTS

Ohio Atlas Stones

World Kettlebell Club

Adam T Glass

Emails are still out to additional sponsors and if you know of any others, please feel free to contact them first and I will gladly add them to the list.

Also, we will have space available for any of the sponsors to set up and sell any of there products.

I will be bringing a few items to Nationals. Some used, some new, some I made and some from other companies.

• Like 1

Please respond to this by Friday, May 24.

Sandwich choices for athletes and judges/staff:

1) Pork or Beef - choose one

2) We have glute-free bread available, but let me know now if you need it.

Meat, sauces and homemade chips are being provided by the 1st Amendment Public House and restaurant (my wife Kyle's place) but I need an accurate head count before the 24th. If you are planning to attend please respond/PM/call/email/txt me your choices; beef or pork and gluten-free yes/no.

I will have bottled water and 2 coffee pots brewing all day as well.