North American Grip Sport Championship 2013

andurniat

http://www.youtube.com/user/climber5111?feature=mhee

For anyone who wants to make something up for training for this event - here's something I put together for Nick that is really simple to make and seems to work well in my limited testing - using chains is more like what I think we will be doing. It's a short range of motion compared to what Andrew will be having but just do more reps is all.

• Like 1

andrew, I edited your post when I meant to reply. please see my question below.

this still doesn't solve the question I have. i feel you described the motion the opposite of what chris showed.

if I was standing to your right side watching the roller. would it go clockwise or counter clockwise?

counterclockwise would mean that a free hanging strap would hang on the front and be wound to the back. which, is I think what you told me before and are describing now.

I asked Andrew the same question last week. Chris is going in the wrong direction in his video.

I'm also a little unclear on this. If rolling forward (clockwise if looking from the right) it would be a test of forearm flexion. If rolling backward (counter clockwise if looking from the right) it would be a test of forearm extension. Which is it?

this still doesn't solve the question I have. i feel you described the motion the opposite of what chris showed.

if I was standing to your right side watching the roller. would it go clockwise or counter clockwise?

counterclockwise would mean that a free hanging strap would hang on the front and be wound to the back. which, is I think what you told me before and are describing now.

I was simply showing the apparatus I had made - I was NOT even thinking about showing the event - never thought about that at all - sorry.

not on you chris. andrew calling that good is him trying to gain an unfair advantage. I think we all owe him a slap.

It will be very much like this.

String wound over the top. Which I believe will test forearm extension. The same direction we did the wrist roller at Jedd's and Chris's years ago.

I was simply showing the apparatus I had made - I was NOT even thinking about showing the event - never thought about that at all - sorry.

I knew that right off the bat, Chris. Brent is just a poo-poo head.

Jedd, go to your room. We don't call people "poo-poo heads" on the Gripboard.

• Like 1

thank you for the vid andrew.

jedd, I only brought it up because andrew didn't comment on chris vid that the set up was good but backwards. didn't want to show up traing in exactly the wrong way.

• Like 1

thank you for the vid andrew.

jedd, I only brought it up because andrew didn't comment on chris vid that the set up was good but backwards. didn't want to show up traing in exactly the wrong way.

Please train the wrong way - need all the advantage I can get :)

• Like 2

I tried to help you chris, i'll think up some new disinformation to spread

• Like 1

Just to be clear, you can use both hands simultaneously at the end when it gets brutal, correct?

Medley List: (4 minute time limit)

2 Hand Lifts - 1 point each

1. Sorinex Saxon Bar @ 175#
  2. Double Slim from floor - (2) 12# hammers joined together
  3. 315# deadlift from 11mm climbing rope (we used lifting straps around the bar for this lift last year)
  4. 180# Sorinex Pops grip machine
  5. 5/16" grade 2 reverse bend
  6. 2-150# plates deadlift from the rims (will be a 100# plate with a 45 added via a loading pin)

1 Hand Lifts - 2 points possible (1 point for each hand)

1. 2-45s - York thin plates
  2. Blob
  3. 8# sledge to platform - coin on head
  4. 12# sledge weaver to rear
  5. Slater MonsterBell - 155#
  6. InchDB - 172#
  7. 2.5" handle @ 160#
  8. York 45 hub
  9. Sorinex 5" Saturn Globe - 50#
  10. Index finger on small Dinnie ring - 100#
  11. Grip Topz stub - 30#
  12. 2" Vbar - 250#
  13. 2-35s
  14. Sorinex Hub - 40#
  15. Sorinex Anvil Trainer - 150#
  16. 42# Blob
  17. Chris Rice Plywood lift - 40#
  18. Chris Rice Thin Pinch - 45#
  19. Chris Rice Key Pinch - 90#
  20. 12# sledge to forehead
  21. 16# sledge to forehead
  22. Chris Rice Internal rotation
  23. Chris Rice External rotation
  24. Pony Clamp
  25. 1-arm DL Standard Bar - 230#
  26. Sorinex Fat Rotating Handle - 200#

A possible 58 total points

Andrew,

For the items that are 1 point for left, 1 point for right, are we loading them onto a platform or pulling to lockout? I was just thinking that a loose pinch feat might be a tough one to "manage time on" because if they are dropped they might split up a bit. Either way is fine by me, just wondering.

Thanks buddy.

Jedd

Just to be clear, you can use both hands simultaneously at the end when it gets brutal, correct?

Yes, both hands will be allowed at the end. The roller does not lock in place when you let go so you will be required to maintain constant tension.

Medley List: (4 minute time limit)

2 Hand Lifts - 1 point each

1. Sorinex Saxon Bar @ 175#
  2. Double Slim from floor - (2) 12# hammers joined together
  3. 315# deadlift from 11mm climbing rope (we used lifting straps around the bar for this lift last year)
  4. 180# Sorinex Pops grip machine
  5. 5/16" grade 2 reverse bend
  6. 2-150# plates deadlift from the rims (will be a 100# plate with a 45 added via a loading pin)

1 Hand Lifts - 2 points possible (1 point for each hand)

1. 2-45s - York thin plates
  2. Blob
  3. 8# sledge to platform - coin on head
  4. 12# sledge weaver to rear
  5. Slater MonsterBell - 155#
  6. InchDB - 172#
  7. 2.5" handle @ 160#
  8. York 45 hub
  9. Sorinex 5" Saturn Globe - 50#
  10. Index finger on small Dinnie ring - 100#
  11. Grip Topz stub - 30#
  12. 2" Vbar - 250#
  13. 2-35s
  14. Sorinex Hub - 40#
  15. Sorinex Anvil Trainer - 150#
  16. 42# Blob
  17. Chris Rice Plywood lift - 40#
  18. Chris Rice Thin Pinch - 45#
  19. Chris Rice Key Pinch - 90#
  20. 12# sledge to forehead
  21. 16# sledge to forehead
  22. Chris Rice Internal rotation
  23. Chris Rice External rotation
  24. Pony Clamp
  25. 1-arm DL Standard Bar - 230#
  26. Sorinex Fat Rotating Handle - 200#

A possible 58 total points

Andrew,

For the items that are 1 point for left, 1 point for right, are we loading them onto a platform or pulling to lockout? I was just thinking that a loose pinch feat might be a tough one to "manage time on" because if they are dropped they might split up a bit. Either way is fine by me, just wondering.

Thanks buddy.

Jedd

Pulled to lockout.

loose items rolling off platforms are hard to manage as well..:D items will be allowed to rest against supports/box before the medley starts (so 45s and 35s will be on end and together and not flat on the ground)

• Like 1

When are the entries due?

As soon as possible so I can get an accurate t-shirt order and awards. Thank you.

Mine went in the mail box today.

• Like 1

Is a contestant eligible for placing in weight class higher than his own? For example, if someone wins the 205 class and by virtue of his total would place second in the 231 class would he then earn second for the 231 class?

Updated Paid Entries with possible Weight Classes:

Darrin Shallman - 74kg

Eric Milfeld - 74kg

Kody Burns - 93kg

Brandon Gerber - 93kg

Daniel Reinard - 93kg

Brent Barbe - 93/105kg

Andrew Pantke - 105kg

Martin Braun - 105kg+

Andrew Durniat - 105/105kg+

Is a contestant eligible for placing in weight class higher than his own? For example, if someone wins the 205 class and by virtue of his total would place second in the 231 class would he then earn second for the 231 class?

You will only be contesting your weight class. If you wish to enter multiple class you will be asked to pay an additional entry fee. We will have an absolute score with every contestant entered together to determine the Arnold Mighty Mitts spot.

Andrew, I'll be at the Akron Strong Hands comp this upcoming weekend. I'll bring my registration form and check and give it to you there if that is alright.

• Like 1

Andrew, I'll be at the Akron Strong Hands comp this upcoming weekend. I'll bring my registration form and check and give it to you there if that is alright.

Sounds great. see you there. you need a place to stay?

Sounds great. see you there. you need a place to stay?

I'm actually staying with Chuck, but thanks for asking buddy. See you soon.

Andrew, will you have an "extra" 6mm disc for the 2HP there? I think I'll be pinching on 60mm if you have 3 10mm and 3 6mm discs.

Andrew, will you have an "extra" 6mm disc for the 2HP there? I think I'll be pinching on 60mm if you have 3 10mm and 3 6mm discs.

I do and we can have 60mm available for you and anyone else.

• Like 1