Smith squats

405x10

405x5

405x5

225 shoulder shrugs 5x5

Bicepts 5x5

Abs 2 sets of 30 on twist machine

Edited by rico300zx

You thought I 'm going to squat and than drive to the fitness to squat some more. I'm starting to get the idea you like doing squats.... :)

You thought I 'm going to squat and than drive to the fitness to squat some more. I'm starting to get the idea you like doing squats.... :)

Naw, I was just mad because I still can't do 345x20 deep squats so I figured on torchering myself because of it

Planet fitness

Cardio

Smith squats

405x10, 30sec rest +5more, 30sec rest +5more

Cable chest flys 4 sets of 10reps

Ab machine 2 setS of 20

Edited by rico300zx

Cardio

Squats 345x10 +5 +5

dam I still can't get the 20 reps with this, I don't know what's wrong"

Clean and press 100lb with thick bar 5x5

Lots of foam rolling on my lower back, it's been killn me lately.

Toyed with my grip but had lost intrest because I had to start getting ready for work

Cardio

Squats 345x10 +5 +5

dam I still can't get the 20 reps with this, I don't know what's wrong"

Clean and press 100lb with thick bar 5x5

Lots of foam rolling on my lower back, it's been killn me lately.

Toyed with my grip but had lost intrest because I had to start getting ready for work

A few things I can think of:

1) maybe take a week off to rest from the Squats. That extra recovery could help you get it.

2) Don't do the "punishment" thing when you dont get all the reps you want.

3) it would probably help you to drop back your Squat weight by 10 or 15 pounds, some number that you can squat 20 reps with, and then work back up. It will give you momentum."

4) IMO, Smith Machines are a big waste of time, and the Smith Machine work is probably detracting from your real squatting.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Because they suck! :cool

I'd do what Satan suggested and pull back some weight and take 4-6 weeks running back up to it again.

• Like 1

Because they suck! :cool

I'd do what Satan suggested and pull back some weight and take 4-6 weeks running back up to it again.

"Satan." hahaha

YES.

AWWWWW come on 20 reps dont suck, only the last 10 suck!!!!

I hear what youns are saying. im going to have to drop some weight i think because ive been at a stale mate for a little while now. for me mentally its hard to do but i am going to have to experiment how far back i should go, i already tried the week off and did some slacking but i dont think it helped. As far as the smith machine thats all they have at my gym, i dont like it but, it is what it is. i try to squat at home as much as possible but truth is i need to get out of the house. what experience do you guys have with 20 rep squats, is it a % that you drop back when your stuck? or just find a weight that you can do? do you ramp up faster than usual or at the same 5lb a workout as before??? grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Planet fitness, brought my son along he asked me to take him this time.

Cardio

Smith squats 405x10, 30sec rest +5more, 30sec rest +5more ( the ten was way easy today, the 5s are always easy after a little rest)

Ab machine 2 setS of 20

leg lifts 2x10

Ha well, I think he meant the smith machine sucks, not the 20 rep Squats.

I don't know about percentages... I can only do the 20 rep thing for maybe 6 weeks at a time ive found, then my form goes downhill.

But what I do a lot of times with other lifts when I start to go stale, is just drop back a few pounds and work up. It doesnt have to be a magic number, just something you know you can get all your scheduled reps in without trouble. Something that should seem almost too light. For upper body stuff, that's 10-15lbs, for lower body, like Squats, it's bigger, like 20-30lbs.

So they don't have a power rack there?

Also, I didn't put this before, but just go up 5lbs at a time. The idea is to work back up at a steady pace without rushing it.

So they don't have a power rack there?Also, I didn't put this before, but just go up 5lbs at a time. The idea is to work back up at a steady pace without rushing it.

Ya no power rack, just 4 Smith machines, ii usually have to wait someone is always doing shoulders or bench. Hey it's only $10 a month. Any way ill drop back and give a run, I also squat 4 to 5 days a week too so it should come back fast, I only do 5lb increments to like you said.

Oh wow okay, well in that case, you may want to drop back a little further even. It'll come back fast, just don't jump the gun and add 10lbs at a time. Haha

I'd go 5# per week so if you took a 6 week ramp it'd be 30# off of what you're doing now. I'd actually take this over 2 months and figure out the back off.

• Week 1 - minus 25#
  • Week 2 - minus 20#
  • Week 3 - minus 15#
  • Week 4 - Recovery 2 x 5r @ 65%
  • Week 5 - minus 15#
  • Week 6 - minus 10#
  • Week 7 - minus 5#
  • Week 8 - Recovery 2 x 5r @ 65%
  • Week 9 - Hit it!

I'd go 5# per week so if you took a 6 week ramp it'd be 30# off of what you're doing now. I'd actually take this over 2 months and figure out the back off.

• Week 1 - minus 25#

• Week 2 - minus 20#

• Week 3 - minus 15#

• Week 4 - Recovery 2 x 5r @ 65%

• Week 5 - minus 15#

• Week 6 - minus 10#

• Week 7 - minus 5#

• Week 8 - Recovery 2 x 5r @ 65%

• Week 9 - Hit it!
Jason , are you saying to stick with the same weight all week? I'm doing at least 4 sessions a week you know Edited by rico300zx

Maybe build a 4 day wave in the week.

Heavy - 20r at intended weight

Light (a) - 5 x 5r at weight

Medium - 2 x 10r at weight

Light (b) - 3 x 5r at weight

Then the next week starts with heavy and bumped up weight. Should keep a guy fresh enough to keep the gains coming without burning yourself out but still getting a lot of volume in during the week.

Oh yeah, you could do the Light/medium/heavy sort of routine. Tommy Kono used those to great effect...

If you do 4 a week, you could add 5lbs each time, then at the start of the second week you'd have another light day, but start 5lbs ahead of what you did the previous light day.

like:

Week 1:

Week 2:

etc.

Another good one. Tons of programming options out there for you Parris.

Maybe build a 4 day wave in the week.

Then the next week starts with heavy and bumped up weight. Should keep a guy fresh enough to keep the gains coming without burning yourself out but still getting a lot of volume in during the week.

Looking at this again I think I'd flip the two light days for better recovery.

Like this:

Heavy - 20r at intended weight

Light (a) - 3 x 5r at weight

Medium - 2 x 10r at weight

Light (b) - 5 x 5r at weight

Jason here is what i did for now, Im gonna take a closer look at the program you guys set out and see what i can doo with it but today i just backed off a little so here it is for now.

ok after much consideration i have decided to drop back 10% for my 20 rep squats and see if i can ramp up since i have been stuck for a little while

streching and roller for my lower back and thighs, i feel muscle bound for some reason

cardio

deep squats at home down to 9" off the floor
305X20 this was easy enough now for the ramp up!

blob rows, just a couple each hand

one hand pinch rows

chin ups 5x5 ........now thats hard!! i had to break up the 5 for the last 3 sets, hell i usted to be able to do 20 in a row when i tried out for American Gladiator, oh yea the was when i was 21 years ago :(

night shift tonight then two 3 to 11s in a row, you wont see me for a couple days im sure, but ill check in.

Man I took off a bunch of days I worked a lot and I was in so much pain in my heel I from walking in my Effed up sneakers that I couldn't even workout after work, that's how bad it was I was walking on my toes I hurt so bad. Got new mikes today, hopefully the healing will start.

Planet fitness

Cardio

Squats.

135x1

225x1

315x1

400x10+5+5

500x1

520x down but not up

225x5x5 shoulder shrugs

Dumbbell flys 35lbsx5x5

I wanted to do other stuff but had to roll

Exciting news, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a jib as a ICU nurse at the hospital!!!! I'll be working 3 ~ 12s a week, night shift.

All those years of school are finally paying off!

Edited by rico300zx

Exciting news, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a jib as a ICU nurse at the hospital!!!! I'll be working 3 ~ 12s a week, night shift.

All those years of school are finally paying off!

Congrats man! Stoked for yah.