Anvil Horn Lift - Demonstration And Comparison Of Different Anvil Trai

Eric Roussin

Here's an anvil horn lift I did tonight with 212 lbs. I think it's the heaviest such lift on YouTube. I'll enjoy this fact for now, as I'm sure the mark will be raised by someone before long...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

eric is a world rank armwrestler, he is a goddamn beast and a awsome guy, he is so strong, at glass competion he pulled 420 on the axle ,

then he taught us some arwrestling on the table, i could not move his arm with a pickup truck

• 5 months later...

Great video Eric! I am going to watch it and make notes this weekend. I have an anvil trainer (not Ironmind, but super well made) and this lift has piqued my interest for grip again.

• Like 1

Didnt adam pull 242lb on the ironmind one?

Adam has actually pulled 253 on the LBH in training. He currently holds the officially recognized world record of 220. He set this at last year.

Is there a difference on the recent LBH that has seemed to push the numbers down ? Was the angle or size recut.? I thought its general smaller than a standard 125-150 type anvil size horn a LBH numbers should be pretty high. I only have a first run type and the numbers were 200+ when I tried it several years back. Any information?

What was hauled up on a 173 real anvil seemed very close to the number our anvil trainer had if chains were added to the real anvil. The 173 anvil plus chains resulted in about a 200 best mark with Mr. Williams and he did a corresponding 200-205 on the Anvil Trainer.

Yes, the angle on the new version of the Little Big Horn has changed, pushing the numbers down. The old LBH was closer to a 2" v-bar than to an anvil, in my opinion.

Ok that explains it. Eric has some great numbers ...how do the best old and best new compare. I see a bunch of numbers just want to get it right.

Adam has actually pulled 253 on the LBH in training. He currently holds the officially recognized world record of 220. He set this at last year.

Nice work!

I wanna know what kind of those lifts were? Full deadlifts or just little up in the air style?

Thanks,

Juha

Just found those lifts and they looked great. Are they done with chalk or liquid chalk? I read somewhere that some use liguid? Is it allowed? I use normal chalk and I want know.

Thanks,

Juha

My numbers on the Sorinex Anvil Trainer and the new version of the Little Big Horn are comparable, with perhaps a slight edge to the Anvil Trainer. I could probably lift about 15% more on the old version of the LBH.

I'm not sure what Adam used for those lifts. Right now, the NAGS rules state that only chalk is allowed in sanctioned contests. I haven't tried Liquid Grip yet, but I'd like to experiment with it. I think I'd be in support of a rule change to allow it.

My numbers on the Sorinex Anvil Trainer and the new version of the Little Big Horn are comparable, with perhaps a slight edge to the Anvil Trainer. I could probably lift about 15% more on the old version of the LBH.

I'm not sure what Adam used for those lifts. Right now, the NAGS rules state that only chalk is allowed in sanctioned contests. I haven't tried Liquid Grip yet, but I'd like to experiment with it. I think I'd be in support of a rule change to allow it.

I hope that only chalk is allowed in the future too. I havent ever tested liguid chalk but Finnish grip-troll has blamed me and my friends of using resin with grip. It was not true and I pissed off of it.

I am super new to gripsport, but I have found chalk isn't really that helpful to me in Rolling Thunder and Anvil Lifting. Certainly not as helpful as bending. The anvil trainer I have from Delmar has little ridges on it. I actually found chalk made my lifts harder.

Curious as to what you guys think.

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

Juha - liquid chalk is the same as normal chalk, it starts out in liquid then forms to the same as regular chalk when it dries out

Juha - liquid chalk is the same as normal chalk, it starts out in liquid then forms to the same as regular chalk when it dries out

Here's a picture of the back with the ingredients. No more tacky than regular chalk IMO.

null-42.jpg

I am super new to gripsport, but I have found chalk isn't really that helpful to me in Rolling Thunder and Anvil Lifting. Certainly not as helpful as bending. The anvil trainer I have from Delmar has little ridges on it. I actually found chalk made my lifts harder.

Curious as to what you guys think.

I think chalk helps. BUT, you really have to be able to get just the right consistency with it. Too much and you're no better than just having sweaty hands. It's gotta be just the right amount.

• Like 1