21/64" X 7" Drill Rod, 455#

daniel reinard

I'm pretty excited to bend something like this in IMPs. Was a tough crush but it moved on each hit and was done in 90 seconds. For those that don't know how a 455# bar stacks up, a Red is ~420, bastard ~440, golden bastard ~480. I don't have any rated steel above the 455 right now but I have some goldens so will try that in IMPs. That will be fun to try.

• Like 3

Sweet!

For those that don't know how a 455# bar stacks up, a Red is ~420, bastard ~440, golden bastard ~480.

I'm glad you included this...just reading the heading I was going to ask you. Thanks.

thanks guys. I'm also pretty stoked the hands held up. Normally a tough bend splits skin on the middle finger knuckles, and more when the bend turns into an ISO workout. LOL

Helluva bend, Daniel! Once you got in position it seemed to start pretty easy for you. So you could probably take down a crs bar that rates 20 or 30 pounds heavier right now.

Helluva bend, Daniel! Once you got in position it seemed to start pretty easy for you. So you could probably take down a crs bar that rates 20 or 30 pounds heavier right now.

Thanks Eric. I don't have a clue what the max is right now. It's been so long since I've bent anything. The selection at home is limited since this is new territory for me. Trying to order up some harder rated drill rod. They are harder but smaller diameter so will crush easier. Also will try a 480 golden bastard next week.

Helluva bend Dan-o. Just ordered some bastards and shinies. Can't wait.

• Like 1

Helluva bend Dan-o. Just ordered some bastards and shinies. Can't wait.

Haha, thanks homie. If you ever in search of steel I have an ok selection. Just hit me up.

Hopefully you get some normal shinies. Mine are the 540ish kind. Wicked tough.