Tetting Ironman Gripper

macaz

That chest crusher would be more interesting at about half the price, though someone will grab it in any case.

Edited by 33wes

Wow, now that is a steal, I'm sure the price is going to get crazy on that! Who ever wins that gripper is a lucky ****** they won't find a gripper like that anymore.

Edited by John McCarter

That chest crusher would be more interesting at about half the price, though someone will grab it in any case.

I wouldn't bid on it, but I might make one, having seen the design now.

• Like 1

This guy does not know what he has. it started low and has had a bidding war over it. The guy selling it must be like "what the hell?"

http://www.ebay.com/...d=321030314296

Nice! I saw this about two days ago and freaked out myself.

I was about 95% sure it was a Tetting IronMan Super but had to check with Mighty Joe to be sure. If I had a few hundred I would be all over it but at $200 I think that is a steal for the legacy of Warren's work.

I was wondering if the seller had any idea what it was too..LOL

I was watching that auction and I have been in contact with the seller about some stuff he has listed and other stuff that he has. What exactly is this gripper?

I was watching that auction and I have been in contact with the seller about some stuff he has listed and other stuff that he has. What exactly is this gripper?

A gripper that Warren Tetting made for IronMan years ago (1970's), there was little market for them; but these grippers are really where everything started at! If it wasn't for Warren making those grippers back in the 70's, who knows where grip would be today.

I wouldn't bid on it, but I might make one, having seen the design now.

Do show if you make one!

A gripper that Warren Tetting made for IronMan years ago (1970's), there was little market for them; but these grippers are really where everything started at! If it wasn't for Warren making those grippers back in the 70's, who knows where grip would be today.

I am going to see Warren today. I wonder if HE even has any of these grippers. I will ask him.

• Like 1

Any idea who bought it? (Would be nice to know so this doesn't get lost forever)

I emailed the seller and he bought it from an estate sell. Apparently the previous owner from Beloit, Wisconsin was a lifter and had several friends in the Iron Man Magazines in the 70's.

eman

• Like 1

Warren said he has a few of these that he will keep forever.

He thinks he knows who sold this one. He even asked "Is it black?"

He said the handles are HRS, not cast iron.

• Like 1

Ya I knew it wasn't cast iron. That stuff sucks to work with. Will dull a cobalt drill in no time. Hey Matt how many of these grippers are out there? I wonder if Warren would remember.

I have one of the ironman black grippers I got from a guy helping him move some years back.

He said he ordered it from IM magazine.

It's about a #3 in strength.

No I'm not selling it.

I'd like to try and close it one day.

• Like 1

I have one of the ironman black grippers I got from a guy helping him move some years back.

He said he ordered it from IM magazine.

It's about a #3 in strength.

No I'm not selling it.

I'd like to try and close it one day.

Lucky! Can you put up a photo? I just want to look at it :wub:

I talked to the seller too, he said all the stuff belonged to a guy that started lifting after ww2, I guess he may have passed away. I was bidding on the horseshoe trainer, that thing was neat. That big thing with the springs Aaron said he could make they always sell at a very high price, there are purists on eBay waiting for those to come on there. Maybe Aaron should try to make them.

Rico

I'll post some pics and a vid when I get it in the mail.

The smooth handle FBBC grippers seem to be a reasonable approximation of the Ironman.

Then of course there were the Tetting re-issue through FHS.

What's FHS and when was that? The eBay one doesn't appear to be a re-issue based on the seller's statements and other equipment he sold with it.

I think a re-make would be a cool product, but for the collectible value, a remake would be akin to a reprint in the sports card world.

Damn if I knew about this listing I would've bought it for sure!!!