Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

AW would be a good 4th event.
I know I'd be to bagged to be arm wrestling effectively after the comp.

Dont you have some snow to shovel?

AW would be a good 4th event.
I know I'd be to bagged to be arm wrestling effectively after the comp.

Dont you have some snow to shovel?

It mostly all melted yesterday :D

Fresh though I'm feeling fairly torquey for pulling.

Edited by Shoggoth

That would be about as popular as the Brookfield flying apple crush. :grin:

• Like 1

Nuts to the coin. In all forms and iterations. Forever.

torquey

... and yet again, Jason expands our vocabulary. I didn't know that that derivative of the word torque existed.

• Like 3

coin sled drag? Or maybe just braze a house key to hoop for use with a loading pin?

We could do saxon bar cleans. someone will prolly knock out some teeth though with the bar.

If the AW guys bring a table then by the third or fourth event everyone will be armwrestling. Just my observation from last comp. May as well make it an event.

Dose anyone like to bend? How about that. Maybe reverse or something.

... someone will prolly knock out some teeth though with the bar.

That somebody would probably be me. I have the coordination of a tree sloth. :shuriken:

I think that the problem with the IPP, is that the coin lift cannot compete with an AW table. I agree with Aaron, that the untrained will probably get hurt.

Maybe wrist developer if you want to go the bending route? Certainly less expensive than calibrated stock. The problem with WD, is I don't know if it's a NAGS sanctioned event, but then again, it doesn't have to be. I'd be up for WD.

If there's bending we'd have to set it up so you'd do your own wrapping. The ones I did during the medley last year blew my forearms and hands up about halfway through.

I think most people going would be familiar with bending, so it's not a bad idea. I don't know what stock Aaron already has. The AW guys could probably get the hang of it after a bit of a tutorial.

If it was kept simple to just nails and bolts would be good too as it'd let the guys not so familiar with it be able to get the appropriate stuff to train with anyways.

I was actually going to suggest bending. I would totally love to bend for an event. As Martin said the problem for competition would be finding calibrated stock, as far as DO OR DU go. The Wrist developer would be legit, and measurable. Bolts or nails would be cool but unless they're rated it'd be kinda dodgey.

The problems with the WD is everyone doesn't have one to train with and people that are inexperienced with them have had them flip around and some guys were getting bad pain in their biceps. I'm thinking about Brent with the second one.

Jason - you bring up some good points that I wasn't aware of. Well, I guess Aaron will let us know what he decides, when he decides it.

Isaiah - are you considering going to the BB 2013 National Steel Bending Comp?

I have no money or time to travel with right now.

Guys, I don't think I wanna do bending or WD in this comp. Bending is somewhat technical and if we did Reverse bending I would be concerned someone untrained would tweak something in their forearm or pull their bicep trying to do a max effort bend (for them) without the proper conditioning. Same concerns with the WD. I know when I first started trying to Reverse bend I did just that inflamed my bicep tendon trying to do max effort bend before I was ready. A couple years back during the 2010 WSH comps I ran at the crossfit place we ran the WD event in the first contest of the series. So many of the crossfitters tweaked something on that event that almost no one came back for the next contest in the series. That and most of them could barely move the WD with the lightest (white) spring on the easiest setting due to technique and weakness issues. So I'm leary about using those in a comp where we are likely to have complete novices.

- Aaron

• Like 3

If I made a new vbar for the comp with replaceable top, would any of you guys be interested in one too? Would be cheaper for me to do it if I got more steel at once.

- Aaron

• Like 1

I'm interested - what tops are you thinking of?

I'm interested - what tops are you thinking of?

To start with I was thinking 1.5" and 50mm. But really since the tops are swappable they could be any size or shape you want. I could do additional tops in the future as well. I can send you a 3D model graphic from when I drew it up awhile back. Base that the plates will fit on will likely be 1 15/16" to make it easy for certified plates to fit on or regular Oly ones for that matter. Would be same grabbing height as FBBC vbar.

- Aaron