Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

I think we'd have to vote on it, but chances are you'd probably have to wear a dress and heels.

If I have some extra materials, I think I can probably make you one. If these turn out the way we are hoping they will be pretty cool.

Aaron - I'm good with the same graphic.

I read about a study that red clothes make one more competitive. Come to find out it has more to do with the ref's perception:

http://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2012/08/does-color-olympians-clothing-affect-competition-outcomes

Rich, as long as you bring your man card so we can properly dispose of it, then you can compete in that class.

Martin, the trophies sound cool. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Has the 4th event been decided yet?

• Like 1

RIch, if you wore a dress and wig I would be ok with it. You would have to relinquish your man card though.

4th event not decided yet. I promise I'm not secretly training on something only to spring it on you guys. I just really haven't decided. Current contenders in no particular order: IM hub lift, 1.5" vbar, Revolving handle farmers Pick for max weight both hands, new design revolving handle DL (not round shape), some sort of wrist test (wrist roller or front lever), 2" FBBC crusher handle DL, plate pinch or rim hold for time 1H, 1H axle DL, 50mm vbar, etc

So as you can see, still a few options on the table.

- Aaron

I had heard the coin lift was a strong favorite. :sorcerer:

• Like 1

I heard it was the hub or 2" crusher......

Considering I don't have a coin lift setup and would have to borrow Russ's again I think we can rule that one out. :chris::grin:

• Like 1

At the IPP, I think the unofficial 3rd event was the AW table. The coin lift came in a distant 4th. :grin:

At the IPP, I think the unofficial 3rd event was the AW table. The coin lift came in a distant 4th. :grin:

True story. I'm sure this could be arranged. Some sort of single elimination Arm wrassling event. I'm sure the AW guys would love that if they came.

- Aaron

That would be my worst event by far, unless I just lock people up in a deep hook and hope I can hang on long enough for them to get tired, but even then I don't think I could keep the AW guys from unwinding me.

That would be my worst event by far, unless I just lock people up in a deep hook and hope I can hang on long enough for them to get tired, but even then I don't think I could keep the AW guys from unwinding me.

Still I bet you could beat Derek. Have you seen his wrists?

- Aaron

• Like 2

I have a feeling i'll need a second carry-on bag on the trip home. One to put my arm in after it gets ripped off. The dilemma I foresee is how will I carry two bags with only one attached arm.

I have a feeling i'll need a second carry-on bag on the trip home. One to put my arm in after it gets ripped off. The dilemma I foresee is how will I carry two bags with only one attached arm.

That's what they make shoulder straps for. :grin:

• Like 1

In all honesty I wouldn't run a AW event as a 4th. Too much possibility for injury to the untrained. As a promoter I can imagine something like what happened when WSM tried to do AW. Poor Megaman. I'm sure those guys will setup a table for anyone interested to play on though.

• Like 1

I'll let others chime in with their stories of recovery after the IPP, but I know my shoulder and arm were jacked up for a couple weeks after. I didn't take any hits on the AW table either, just some isometric lock-ups and instruction from the Goriilla Arms guys.

I know I was beat to hell for a couple of days after last years comp. and will be in no position to exert myself very much for armwrestling after if I feel the same this time around. I do want to though. See how my training up here's been going for pulling.

• Like 1

I had tendonitis in both my arms for a solid six weeks after the IPP event. It was a ton of fun though. I vote hub or 2" Vbar.

Edited by Idiedintothe

for the record, as if it had to be announced...I vote no coin. :laugh

2" FBBC or 50mm LGC me likey.

AW would be a good 4th event.
I know I'd be to bagged to be arm wrestling effectively after the comp.
  • Like 1

for the record, as if it had to be announced...I vote no coin. :laugh

2" FBBC or 50mm LGC me likey.

I don't think I'll be doing FBBC 2" vbar again this time. It was too much of a pain to get the plates back off last time after a little chalk built up on the handle in the comp. If we do 50mm or 1.5" that would be on a new piece of equipment I designed and would have to build before the comp. Still a possibility if I can scrounge up some money for the materials. Would be vbar with swappable tops. So you could do any size you want top and still do 50mm base which certified plates will fit on.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Plywood lift - if you're looking to do something completely different! :grin:

Plywood lift - if you're looking to do something completely different! :grin:

Tempting. I already have a setup for that. :)

It was quite an eye opener why I tried it. Hits the hands in a whole new way.

It was quite an eye opener why I tried it. Hits the hands in a whole new way.

Sure does. Used to use that lift in a couple of my successful gripper protocols as an accessory lift. I think I was consistently doing them the first time I closed a #4 a few years back to work the closed hand position beyond the normal range. We've had it a couple times in the cactus grip medley's too as my pet lift the 4P (Plank Palm Pinch and Press) as well. Good stuff.

- Aaron