Human Hand Crushing Limits?

kasparov

Hi,

Was wondering what you guys think are the absolute limits in terms of crushing strength for humans?

Can the ghp 10, bb pro, and even the bb world class be closed at some point?

Ok, thanks for the response. Yes I have been watching vogt's videos on YouTube, he is awfully close to a #4 ccs and block set ghp 9.

Still the ghp10, is a full 40 real pounds above the ghp 9.

I think, WC, TT10 and GHP10 can not be closed. It would not be a man in the traditional sense of the word.

I think the pinnacle of human achievement will be:

RB400, FBBC Super, Python Grip model 180 - TNS

BB Pro, MM10, HG500, BC500 - MMS

JBG - Deep set or chocker set

• Like 1

I think Nathan has closed (or is very close) to closing the GHP 10...when he widens his set (def within the next two years), we'll see a GHP cert pop up.

Gripsport is very, very young.

If you look at the development of world records in other sports, it would be a good guess that we are still in the steep part of the performance curve over time.

Lots more possible.

• Like 1

If you look at the development of world records in other sports, it would be a good guess that we are still in the steep part of the performance curve over time.

Lots more possible.

1+

Don't think of yourself in terms of limitations, because once you have set the limit then you've created a mental ceiling. Then again, I'm just some 2.5 closer.

• Like 1

I think Nathan has closed (or is very close) to closing the GHP 10...when he widens his set (def within the next two years), we'll see a GHP cert pop up.

Based on his GHP 9 Cert, I think Nathan Holle can close a BB Pro MMS right now no problem.

• Like 1

Lots more possible.

1+

Don't think of yourself in terms of limitations, because once you have set the limit then you've created a mental ceiling. Then again, I'm just some 2.5 closer.

Yeah, I know what that's like. No matter what level I'm currently at, if I let my mind think to much about it, the limitations of my body/mind start setting in.

As for being a #2.5 closer, that's only a place as to where you currently are in your training; you could think to yourself and change something that you're doing and next thing you know, you could be closing bigger grippers within no time. I wish you luck in moving on to bigger grippers man.

• Like 1

On grippers, I think the real limit that we'll see for a long time is the GHP 9 and CoC #4. I'm sure there is a person(s) out there right now who, if they trained in the right manner, could come and just destroy the GHP 10, Tetting Pro, MM10, or any other gripper that is beyond human reach right now.

• Like 1

I think the only real limit is that "Hercules" gripper Tetting made.

But really, given time to adapt and grow, it is amazing what the human spirit is capable of. We are only in the beginning stages of this sport I think. Someday the #4 will not be the Goliath it is today, but more like a right of passage, something that many close every year.

• Like 1

Just wondering who silverback is?

A guy who made claims that he was going to cert the #4 within a year. He made videos (but then take them down) of him closing certain grippers. Some of the videos he made were funny, but there's suspect to the bigger grippers he was claiming, the #3 may have been real, but when it comes to him closing the GHP Level 9 I doubt that; he became the laughing stock of the grip world for not following through on his claims.

• Like 2

"I think Nathan has closed (or is very close) to closing the GHP 10...when he widens his set (def within the next two years), we'll see a GHP cert pop up."

Has holle really closed the ghp 10? Can anyone verify this?

"I think Nathan has closed (or is very close) to closing the GHP 10...when he widens his set (def within the next two years), we'll see a GHP cert pop up."

Has holle really closed the ghp 10? Can anyone verify this?

No that is just speculation. But there is more in the tank for Nathan than GHP9 for sure if we tried to guess what he can close with a parallel set without a pause. There is great difference between set widths, paused closes, paused block set closes etc.

I don't want to go into gripper models and names, but I think a #255 gripper will be closed within the next 20 years, possibly sooner. Provied the "sport" continues it's growth of course.

Yes, I do have a crystal ball. :sorcerer:

MMS = mash monster set = parallel set

TNS = table no set = place gripper on table, then use ONE hand to close it.

Edited by honk

I think a GHP 10 can be closed. When Nathan certified on the GHP 9 the video he sent was not his only close of the session but the best one on he recorded. Basically he owned the gripper to do what he did and I have a lot of video proof from him proving to me that this was not a fluke - easy or tampered with Level 9, etc.. It will take some time for guys like Jonathan Vogt or Nathan to get there but I do believe they can.

• Like 1

I think a GHP 10 can be closed. When Nathan certified on the GHP 9 the video he sent was not his only close of the session but the best one on he recorded. Basically he owned the gripper to do what he did and I have a lot of video proof from him proving to me that this was not a fluke - easy or tampered with Level 9, etc.. It will take some time for guys like Jonathan Vogt or Nathan to get there but I do believe they can.

Wade, any chance we can see the vids of Nathans more dominant level 9 closes? ..that would be rad.

I would love for people to see what I have but Nathan is pretty private so I feel funny about even mentioning that I have other videos that he shared with me and no it's nothing with the GHP 10 or anything harder than the GHP 9 but it does involve reps and wider sets. I can't share them out of respect for him. However I did confirm with him that the video floating around of him doing reps on the #4 was him and he did say that #4 was close to the same difficulty as the GHP9 that he closed. I can also say that I feel strongly that Nathan has the strongest crushing grip in the world at this time.

Edited by Wade Gillingham
  • Like 5

I think all of the above are very possible for Silverback and Joe Kinney.

I really can't tell if you meant this is a joke.

He's being sarcastic...:)

I think the ghp 10 can be closed by some men but not all. I think its a tough thing to realize that some people are more gifted with strength then others just like some might be more mentally gifted then others or faster etc. I've noticed especially with hand strength that some guys just have a naturally very strong grip regardless of training and with training have much higher limits then those with a naturally weak grip. I thought the #3 was impossible for me for years but I'm pretty close to closing it now although some guys on here have been able to close it in a few months. I don't think this has anything to do with them training harder but just the fact they are more gifted. The world is a big place and grip is a very small sport but I think if you had some of those naturally gifted football players training grip more you would probably see some #4 ccs closes.