Jedd Johnson

Pro Wrestler Closing The #4?

30 posts in this topic

I'd like to see Brawn Stroman give it a shot.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Justin Matney said:

Did you catch any of the HOF induction tonight? Steamboat mentioned Rude's hand strength several times during his induction speech, said Rude did wrist curls with 80 lb dumbbells and a 300lb one arm machine row. 

I didn't see it, but that was the era of wrestling that I was most familiar with. I've been watching a lot of wrestling shoot videos on YouTube lately about the guys telling stories about each other and some of them are realling interesting. There's a lot of them on Rude and how serious he was about the business and also how peculiar he was. 

1 person likes this

@Justin Matney  Yep, I saw it.  When I have time I'm gonna go in and record that part and add it to the post on my site!

1 person likes this

Dan Hodge was a great amateur and pro wrestler who was well known for his crushing grip strength.  My buddy once wrestled Hodge and said once he got hold of your wrist, you could never break his grip.  Hodge was well known to break brand new sets of pliers for fun!  See video link below of Hodge still crushing an apple at a very old age...77!!!!!

2 people like this

There are many legendary stories about this man, no doubt about it!