Pro Wrestler Closing The #4?

Jedd Johnson

7 hours ago, Justin Matney said:

Did you catch any of the HOF induction tonight? Steamboat mentioned Rude's hand strength several times during his induction speech, said Rude did wrist curls with 80 lb dumbbells and a 300lb one arm machine row. 

I didn't see it, but that was the era of wrestling that I was most familiar with. I've been watching a lot of wrestling shoot videos on YouTube lately about the guys telling stories about each other and some of them are realling interesting. There's a lot of them on Rude and how serious he was about the business and also how peculiar he was. 

• Like 1

@Justin Matney  Yep, I saw it.  When I have time I'm gonna go in and record that part and add it to the post on my site!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dan Hodge was a great amateur and pro wrestler who was well known for his crushing grip strength.  My buddy once wrestled Hodge and said once he got hold of your wrist, you could never break his grip.  Hodge was well known to break brand new sets of pliers for fun!  See video link below of Hodge still crushing an apple at a very old age...77!!!!!

• Like 4

There are many legendary stories about this man, no doubt about it!

• 1 year later...

andre the giant aurait   overcushed  gripper 4 c'est certain.. j'ai lu sur lui...ken patera  est peut etre mon deuxieme choix , je crois qu'il aurait fermé le coc 3.5 avec l'entrainement.     rick rude aurait fermé le numero 4 car il avait la volonté , la genetique , de plus c'est un armwrestler..... ses ambitions etait tres elevé donc  il etait un performer , pour exceller .travailler avec la corde est deja un indice d'exploit qui depasse le numero 3 car il pese 230 livre ... ses doight sont gros ....le plus grand lutteurs poids lourds russes olympiques , j'oublie son nom mais il a gagné 3 ou 4 medaille dor olympique , j'ai regardé ses video, c'est un grizzly , il fermerait le coc4 avec de l'entrainement ...alexander ...................faite une recherche  6 pied 4 , 290 livres de muscles et soulever des hommes de 230 a 300 livres  plusieurs  ffois ... il ya brock lesnar , il fermerrait le 3, surement 3. 5avec l,entrainement il a de grosse mains et il est tres fort mais ferme le numero 4 non je suis incertain

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 7:59 PM, steeve tremblay said:

andre the giant aurait   overcushed  gripper 4 c'est certain.. j'ai lu sur lui...ken patera  est peut etre mon deuxieme choix , je crois qu'il aurait fermé le coc 3.5 avec l'entrainement.     rick rude aurait fermé le numero 4 car il avait la volonté , la genetique , de plus c'est un armwrestler..... ses ambitions etait tres elevé donc  il etait un performer , pour exceller .travailler avec la corde est deja un indice d'exploit qui depasse le numero 3 car il pese 230 livre ... ses doight sont gros ....le plus grand lutteurs poids lourds russes olympiques , j'oublie son nom mais il a gagné 3 ou 4 medaille dor olympique , j'ai regardé ses video, c'est un grizzly , il fermerait le coc4 avec de l'entrainement ...alexander ...................faite une recherche  6 pied 4 , 290 livres de muscles et soulever des hommes de 230 a 300 livres  plusieurs  ffois ... il ya brock lesnar , il fermerrait le 3, surement 3. 5avec l,entrainement il a de grosse mains et il est tres fort mais ferme le numero 4 non je suis incertain

Wish I could read this in English 

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Wish I could read this in English 

Google Translate.

andre the giant would overcushed gripper 4 that's for sure .. i read about him ... ken patera is maybe my second choice, i think he would have closed the coc 3.5 with the training. rick rude would have closed the number 4 because he had the will, genetics, more is an armwrestler ..... his ambitions was very high so he was a performer, to excel. Work with the rope is already a clue of feat that exceeds the number 3 because he weighs 230 pounds ... his hands are big .... the biggest Russian heavyweight wrestlers Olympic, I forget his name but he won 3 or 4 Olympic gold medal, j I watched his video, it's a grizzly, he would close the coc4 with training ... alexander ................... made a search 6 foot 4 , 290 pounds of muscle and lifting men from 230 to 300 pounds several times ... there is brock lesnar, he would close the 3, probably 3. 5with the training he has big hands and he is very strong but closes the number 4 no i'm uncertain

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Google Translate.

andre the giant would overcushed gripper 4 that's for sure .. i read about him ... ken patera is maybe my second choice, i think he would have closed the coc 3.5 with the training. rick rude would have closed the number 4 because he had the will, genetics, more is an armwrestler ..... his ambitions was very high so he was a performer, to excel. Work with the rope is already a clue of feat that exceeds the number 3 because he weighs 230 pounds ... his hands are big .... the biggest Russian heavyweight wrestlers Olympic, I forget his name but he won 3 or 4 Olympic gold medal, j I watched his video, it's a grizzly, he would close the coc4 with training ... alexander ................... made a search 6 foot 4 , 290 pounds of muscle and lifting men from 230 to 300 pounds several times ... there is brock lesnar, he would close the 3, probably 3. 5with the training he has big hands and he is very strong but closes the number 4 no i'm uncertain

One just never can tell what one is capable of in grip just on appearance only. There are so many people in grip that to look at them you would not think much of their capabilities  at all. May even laugh if told they can do the things they do without seeing it first hand. Then seeing is believing and amazing .

On the flip side, seen many a giant, a weightlifter and such not be very impressive at all. 

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Si seulement je pouvais lire ceci en anglais 

andre the giant would have crushed too much the pincer 4 that's for sure .. I read about him ... I think it may be my second choice, I think he would have closed the coc 3.5 with the training. rough rick would have closed the number 4 because he had the will, genetics, more is an armwrestler ..... his ambitions was very high so he was an artist, to excel. working with the rope is already a clue of feat that exceeds the number 3 because he weighs 230 pounds ... his doight are big .... the great Russian heavyweight Olympic wrestlers, I forget his name but he won 3 or 4 Olympic gold medals, I I watched his videos, he's a grizzly, he closed the coc4 with training ... alexande

this men is the beast  siberian  ......the legend ... expert grappler .. his power   is phenomenal   ....i look many video and read , analyse and the conclusion ........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This.is.my.favorite.thread.ever!

*came here looking for any reviews of the wrist developer DVD (stream). 

• Like 1