Heavy Grippers Vs. Generic Grippers ? Please Help Me

gilad12

Hello,

I received 150lb gripper yesterday. Now i want to order 100lb and 200lb grippers.

What should i buy ?

Option 1 : 100,150,200 for 30$ Generic - no company

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d35f05fb8

Option 2: 100,200 for 50$ Heavy Gripper Orignial

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

Will i notice a difference between original heavy gripper and generic grippers?

I don't want to spent extra 20$ just for a logo.

Thanks !

only problem i see is both links lead to generic grippers..

here is where you get the non-generic stuff http://cannonpowerworks.com/

The second link leads to an original heavy gripper... I got it yesterday.

I can't order from websites like you sent because i live in Israel.. Most websites don't ship

to Israel, and if they do - the shipping costs ~20$.

Also, what is the difference between generic and original one like ironmind's ?

Edited by gilad12

If you're investing your money into Heavy Grips, you're wasting you time and money, they are not worth it (maybe to save some money). If you really want to get your money's worth from hand grippers, I say spend a little more in something that will really last. The difference between "Captains of Crush" and "Heavy Grip" are huge! I'm not going to cover the details, but you'll get you money's worth with going with "Captains", or you could also invest in "GHP" or a "Tetting". Each brand will be worth it in some way (but the generic will only take away).

• Like 2

If you're investing your money into Heavy Grips, you're wasting you time and money, they are not worth it (maybe to save some money). If you really want to get your money's worth from hand grippers, I say spend a little more in something that will really last. The difference between "Captains of Crush" and "Heavy Grip" are huge! I'm not going to cover the details, but you'll get you money's worth with going with "Captains", or you could also invest in "GHP" or a "Tetting". Each brand will be worth it in some way (but the generic will only take away).

To elaborate more, the difference is in quality. Generics won't last long. The spring will weaken (meaning it will hurt your training) and may eventually break. With grippers like Ironmind, GHP, or Tetting, that stuff is made to last. And Tetting's grippers are handmade, which is pretty cool in itself, but that also means they are individually made with great care.

• Like 1

Contact Matt Cannon at www.cannonpowerworks.com for a shipping quote. It may not cost as much as you think and the quality is worth it. Squeezing grippers is squeezing grippers. It's often overthought. But having quality grippers at least enables consistant training via knurling that won't rub off and springs that don't weaken and give a false sense of gains over time. To me consistant training is the only way to go. Otherwise our hard spent time is a waste.

• Like 3

That price seemed too high for heavy grips. I think the best gripper out there is GHP. THat said the COC grippers are the best for the $. Check them out at the Cannon powerworks sight. Just buy good quality grippers at a slower pace.

How hard is the 150 to close for you?

• Like 1

That price seemed too high for heavy grips. I think the best gripper out there is GHP. THat said the COC grippers are the best for the $. Check them out at the Cannon powerworks sight. Just buy good quality grippers at a slower pace.

How hard is the 150 to close for you?

I payed 26$, the 150 is not too hard for me, i can close it few times.

Some of those low end grippers are made in the same factory—they just put them in different packages so I wouldn't drive myself crazy about which of them to buy . . . if that's the quality/price you are comfortable with, probably go with the cheapest because what you get and what it becomes with use are going to be a little random anyway.

I always say to people just train as hard and smart as you can on whatever you've got—if all you've got is some piece of junk gripper, you can still get a lot stronger with it, so don't let that slow you down.

Some of those low end grippers are made in the same factory—they just put them in different packages so I wouldn't drive myself crazy about which of them to buy . . . if that's the quality/price you are comfortable with, probably go with the cheapest because what you get and what it becomes with use are going to be a little random anyway.

I always say to people just train as hard and smart as you can on whatever you've got—if all you've got is some piece of junk gripper, you can still get a lot stronger with it, so don't let that slow you down.

Forgot to say that HG are generic grippers—that's what I meant about the different packages.

• Like 1

only problem i see is both links lead to generic grippers..

here is where you get the non-generic stuff http://cannonpowerworks.com/

The second link leads to an original heavy gripper... I got it yesterday.

I can't order from websites like you sent because i live in Israel.. Most websites don't ship

to Israel, and if they do - the shipping costs ~20$.

We can and have shipped to Israel. :D