Homemade Squat/bench Stands

Teemu I

Total cost about 60 €, put together without welding (and skills I might add). :D Trained squats and benched today and they seem to hold at least my current puny weights.

20121013-162944.jpg

Good stuff Teemu! If I could suggest one thing for the time being you should get a hardened cotter pin for adjusting your stand height. With the repeated setting of weight on there there's quite a bit of shear force and it'd be crappy to have one of those stands drop while racking a squat or bench.

• Like 1

Thanks Jason, I really appreciate your advice. Now, I just need to figure out what exactly is a cotter pin. :)

Edited by Teemu I

Thanks Jason, I really appreciate your advice. Now, I just need to figure out what exactly is a cotter pin. :)

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks quite inventive! Nice one. I like homemade stuff. But be careful man, when racking after a heavy benchpress, it it very easy to push them backwards. So you need solid stuff! But you know that ofcourse.

Not to bash your stuff, certainly not, but you said you paid around € 60,-...I got these for € 100,- (incl. shipping) and they are fine for the weights I'm working with.

http://www.helisports.nl/squat-en-press-racks/BodyX-S-0402-Squat-Rack.html

you can find decent stuff when looking around on the net.

But as I said, very nice.

Agreed... if you continiously check craigslist a power rack should pop up at some point for a very reasonable price

Yes, I know the risks. Actually they were not sturdy enough at first, but I made a few improvements. Geralt the whole point was to get them as cheap as possible but still sturdy enough. :)

As for graigslist, I live in Finland. :)

Will get a power rack at some point when I am not on a tight budget. For the time beeing I can build up to decent squat and bench again with these.