Poll | Baraban Grippers!

Cannon

Baraban Grippers  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Standard or Narrow?

• Standard
    • Narrow

We are working to add Baraban Grippers to the store. I would enjoy some feedback on regular spread versus narrow grippers in the following strengths:

The narrow grippers seem like a unique product that would not overlap with the other brands we already carry. All grippers would be aluminum handles with a natural spring (polished, looks like a GR8).

• Like 1

Your store is amazing and RBs would be a fantastic addition. I voted for regular spread but either way it would great to see these available.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the comments so far!

Let's hear from more people. The comments favor regular and the votes favor narrow :)

I voted regular. My reasoning is that, if you buy a regular spread gripper, it can be choked to narrow spread, but if you buy a narrow spread, thats all you got.

But also, its personal preference for me. I much prefer regular over narrow. I just grab grippers and squash 'em, I don't do all the narrow setting stuff that alot of people do.

Both would be nice.

Agreed. But if We can only have one, I'm all for standard.

Just thinking out loud: my logic is that these grippers all fall into the popular 130-190 range which is expertly serviced by Tetting, IronMind, and GHP already.

But if they were narrow, then we're actually adding something you cannot get from the other lines.

This is the same reason we're not looking to stock the lightest and heaviest ones. They would overlap with the other choices which already move slowly.

• Like 2

Lately I've been liking narrows, GNCs, Manus etc. The make great TNS grippers. I already own a bunch of IM and Tetting grippers and have little desire to purchase a bunch more similar types. Narrows, however, are appealing for these reasons and the ones Matt mentioned. Just my point of view.

• Like 1

Lately I've been liking narrows, GNCs, Manus etc. The make great TNS grippers. I already own a bunch of IM and Tetting grippers and have little desire to purchase a bunch more similar types. Narrows, however, are appealing for these reasons and the ones Matt mentioned. Just my point of view.

Im with Daniel on this one. Im all about TNS'ing grippers now.

Thanks everyone!

Any final thoughts? I am leaning toward narrow grippers for the actual stock order, but if people wanted some standard grippers and would commit to them, I could simply add them to the order.

Thanks everyone!

Any final thoughts? I am leaning toward narrow grippers for the actual stock order, but if people wanted some standard grippers and would commit to them, I could simply add them to the order.

Go with the narrow grippers first! If there's a demand for the standard ones later, just stock up then.

agree with Daniel and Matt and that is why I voted for narrow. mainstream grippers are regular set, it's nice to mix up your training with narrow set every now and then. if you want regular spread the IMs and GHPs are the best but they don't make narrow spread otherwise I would buy those brands in N.

I have some custom Atomgripz in parallel spread and love them (4,5,6).

Narrow if only one choice.

Both would be good simply because variety adds more interest and selection.

Lastly, everyone can benefit from narrow more so than standard spread, specially

with RB's because there standard spread is all over the place. The narrows seem pretty consistent on widths.

This is based on my own purchases and from handling others RB grippers.

Great to see another line added Matt! :)

Here's another gripper you might consider in your store: http://en.armpower.net/shop/product/iron-hand-15.html

I received one yesterday from Poland and I was stunned at the quality of materials,springs, and craftsmanship

with the Iron Hand. Not to mention it is made with precision! The tolerances are unreal on this unit and the action is

smooth as graphite! I was very impressed! They have Iron Hands with black handles as well.

Just a suggestion/idea here!

Seems the sky is the limit for your business buddy!!!

Use your bright imagination you have and you'll go very far!!! ;)

RB's are great grippers. Real professional quality. I'd say go with the Narrow spread grippers. Again like others have stated, they are great for TNS and CCS training and I believe one develops more strength with a bigger range of motion. So I definitely think you should go with those!

Good luck!

All grippers should be narrow - that's one of the huge issues with grippers in general. Make them right to start with and forget the whole concept of "setting".

• Like 4

I like the standard spread.

• 1 month later...

Update for you guys. We will have Baraban grippers eventually. We placed an order around the beginning of October and are still waiting for them to ship.

These grippers will be considered a "special buy" in that it's clear that we will not have control over keeping them in stock.

Right now there is no projected delivery date, but I'll be sure to post News when we know they are coming!

By the way, we did order standard AND narrow options.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am downgrading this order status from "we will have Baraban grippers eventually" to "we will have Baraban grippers maybe."

Our order has been in place for about 4 months now and there have been no updates. We'll be excited if this pans out.

I dont like Rb. Sold half my collection of rbs. They vary too much and have thicker handles. Thicker handles can kill your closing power with coc etc, if you use em too much. Thats what i think of em. Good knurling tho

I dont like Rb. Sold half my collection of rbs. They vary too much and have thicker handles. Thicker handles can kill your closing power with coc etc, if you use em too much. Thats what i think of em. Good knurling tho

I have some RB with the thicker handles, but I have at least one that has handles the same size as CoC. I like the knurling in the palm, but it is too sharp on the fingers to do any volume .