anwnate

...of Gripgods, Pinchmen And Steelslayers.

anwnate

Planks.

Bastard in IMPs. 

Just wanted to get something bent...right index is jacked.  Its ripped underneath a callous.   I may have to remove the whole thing.  Regardless...its in a very inconvenient place for bending.  In better news...palm tear is mending.  Sooo...not really a workout today...just greasing the groove.

20200807_115618.thumb.jpg.d766d83d9a046f8ea8cfcba2a395275b.jpg

• Like 4

anwnate

Glute bridges. 

Bw squats. 

Planks. 

Bastard in IMPs.  

It's really weird how pain prevents us from accessing our power.  I took like 3 hits (with breaks) on this Bastard before my index finger numbed up.  After that, I melted it in 4 hits.  I could have easily just walked away after any of the first hits...and given up.

"Q" 0-1 DR @ 8 3/8" in IMPs.

So during my first 50 days, I melted zero Qs in singles.  Since then, and including today, I've bent 9 out of 10 in singles.  Very defined progress.  It amazes me how much I DONT know about bending.  Today while working on the Q, i cocked my right wrist about 1/2" towards my chest (on the sweep), and moved it 25 degrees.  So much of bending is harnessing power and delivering it at optimum angles.  I need to pay even closer attention to my hits...if I want to be top notch bender.  So another grease the groove day...but glad i did it.

20200808_101909.thumb.jpg.7f2c65f2eb4787940beb29fddbd64480.jpg

• Like 3

anwnate

@Horrido. Recieved, thank you.

20200808_115628.thumb.jpg.d06de2915a40885b6a5bbc3c774d9194.jpg

• Like 2

Horrido

Glad to read. Looking forward to see big bends from you, Nate!

• Like 1

anwnate

Felling pretty beat up.  Also, finger healing very slowly since I wont stop bending. 

Glute bridges. 

Bw squats. 

Bastard in IMPs.

Red in 0.5 IMPs.

Probably shouldn't have done a second Q.  Took too many hits, felt off.  Oh well...its done.

20200809_095454.thumb.jpg.7a75d4ffbda3d30912c8a5f6b75579fe.jpg

• Like 1

Horrido

Now I have read all posts since the new bending beginning. Very nice read and very interesting journey. This will be fun to follow.

• Thanks 1

anwnate
3 hours ago, Horrido said:

Now I have read all posts since the new bending beginning. Very nice read and very interesting journey. This will be fun to follow.

I'm hoping I'm stubborn enough to succeed...and by doing so, motivate other people with gray hair. :laugh

• Like 2

anwnate

Built a platform for wheelchair bound father-in-law yesterday.  Threw my back out.  Body aches.  Probably should rest. Ha.  Shoulders funny...so long bar is out.  I decided to work the mental aspect (light with minwraps).

Bw squats. 

Glute bridges.

Red in 2/3 IMPs.  Damn my index finger is healing slow.

Red in 1/2 IMPs...x 10.  Felt pretty good...except for index finger.  Opened a tear in my right palm also.  Down the road, I see doing this in 1/4 wraps (36s).  No timeline on it...just another thing on the to-do list.  Shoulders are tweaked...gonna wait till Wednesday to attack the R.

20200810_102209.thumb.jpg.2d0a7e1825089fcfba5f90956b071c13.jpg

Edited by anwnate
gluten and glute
  • Like 3

Donc101

That is crazy doing 10 in 1/2 wraps. Your hand toughness and pain tolerance is getting very high. 

• Thanks 1

anwnate
1 minute ago, Donc101 said:

That is crazy doing 10 in 1/2 wraps. Your hand toughness and pain tolerance is getting very high. 

Ha.  Then you are in for a treat down the road.  I'm convinced we are capable of well beyond what has been done (as you yourself are proving).  :)

• Like 4

anwnate

Hand slaps.

Glute bridges.

Bw squats. 

I'm beat to hell.  Well...I know ill feel better when I'm done.

Red in 2/3 IMPs. 

"I" 0-1 DR @ 7 in IMPs.  DU.  Taxed wrists more than I'd like.

"Q" 0-1 DR @ 8 3/8 in IMPs. Took it slow...definitely beat up.  Cool that it wasn't very hard feeling this beat.

Bastard in 2/3 IMPs.   Shocking easy.  Bitch melted. :)

20200811_120036.thumb.jpg.665a9cf76b37e38babf5a13c2f912a8a.jpg

• Like 3

anwnate

Glute bridges

Bw squats. 

Plank. (1)

Red in 2/3 IMPs. 

Red in 1/2 IMPs. 

Took things slow...beat up.  Improved my interlock crush by adjusting the nail end placement.  More direct now. Small session...but solid.

20200812_110044.thumb.jpg.8a7f08579f72e0a57dab816daed1c910.jpg

• Like 3

anwnate

So l was sitting there last night and both my arms, then hands, then pecs...all suddenly felt like they were filled with lactic acid.  Holy hell they ached.  No it wasn't a heart attack...I knew immediately that it was my neck/upper back pinching a nerve. How?  Well I've been having trouble there...and I'm very familiar with my heart issues. 

The wifey was kind enough to beat me up enough for the discomfort to leave...but I'm probably going to try to find a chiropractor soon.

With my upper back, lower back, and hand tears...bending is getting more difficult.  Not trying to whine...just would like to wake up and feel good. Lololol. That ship may have sailed.

Bw squats. 

Red in 2/3 IMPs.  First hit hurt terribly on my right index.  After that it got easy. 

Red in 1/2 IMPs.  This is becoming my new 2/3.  Not particularly difficult, but not quite my first warmup bar yet.

"Q" 0-1 DR @ 8 3/8 in IMPs.  It went okay.  I can pretty much tell how beat up I am by measuring degree movement between hits.  I was doing 5-15 instead of 10-25 today.   Still, another Singles Q down and my crush continues to improve.

Double 60d taped together.  Wanted to end with something fun, but the sweep sucked for some reason...probably tired. The rest was cake thank goodness.

20200813_111715.thumb.jpg.f938dbeadb6d91a0a90af6a3291cf1c7.jpg

• Like 2