...of Gripgods, Pinchmen And Steelslayers.

anwnate

Good stuff dude. I think taking a week off every now and then is a great thing. Keep killing it buddy.

• Like 1

have you qualified for the north american championship yet?

That's cool...I didn't even realize it was an option.

Pretty sure the current answer would be no on that.

Honestly, I've got no idea when and where that's being held.

I went to the Grip Contest section and I see how one may qualify, but I can't seem to find the link that covers the actual event itself.

The North American Grip Sport Calendar hasn't been updated to include 2013 events yet.

Going over the qualifications, it looks like I could qualify through video submission?

If not, I can possibly take care of qualifying at the NY Grip Throwdown on Jan. 5th (yes?).

In any event, if I don't plan on attending (not sure when/where or if I can), I'm won't worry about officially qualifying as I will definitely be qualified with multiple Certs by Spring.

June. Cool...I'll qualify and be there. :)

• Like 1

Awesome bro! I'm about to buy a ticket but I haven't seen where the Nats date was posted. Do you have a link?

I'm sure you'll qualify. Might as well do the video versions now while health is good. I hate to see freak things pop up that prevent a once able person from earling theirs.

• Like 1

there's a couple ways to get qualiofied at chez's comp. placing high enough would be one way. if you manage to pull of qualifier lifts in any of the events that would work as well. if they're done in a comp setting you don't need the video. just send me or jedd a pm so you can be added to the list.

• Like 1

there's a couple ways to get qualiofied at chez's comp. placing high enough would be one way. if you manage to pull of qualifier lifts in any of the events that would work as well. if they're done in a comp setting you don't need the video. just send me or jedd a pm so you can be added to the list.

Cool beans thanks!

If for some reason you have a crap comp you can sendin the video as well. just glancing at your training it looks like you could get it done in about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

11/22/12

Not a normal WO today...got a bunch of exercise doing other things today.
(V2 block day)
(All V2 considered closed unless listed as a miss, all lifts locked out unless noted)
Created ghetto Axle (1.9") and V bar.
Today third day ever using Axle (unless tried at Wojo's...don't recall).

newstuff.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My little corner of the basement getting a little crowded. :)

V2 Level 6 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 7 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 8 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 9 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 10 2x(CCS) L + R (Done...hole/ripped blister in right hand bothering quite a bit)

Axle

190 x 5

234 x 3

254 x 1

274 x 1 (PR)

284 x .5 no lock (could not straighten back...my back is weak, my legs are seriously weak...not from overuse...from underuse)

274 x 1

254 x 3 (a few seconds in between)

Secret Ninja WO :ninja:

Standing Front Raise (DB25x2) x6

• Like 2

very cool Nate. Nice to see you taking it to the next level.

• Like 1

Combination of working outside, axle and lack of abs yesterday made for a perfect storm for my back.

Light back recovery (really missed my ab work yesterday...if I go to long without it, back starts to go out).

25 Leg lifts crunch finish…legs off bench

10 BW Squats

10 BW Squats

10 BW Squats

Hot shower/stretch.

11/22/12

Not a normal WO today...got a bunch of exercise doing other things today.

(V2 block day)

(All V2 considered closed unless listed as a miss, all lifts locked out unless noted)

Created ghetto Axle (1.9") and V bar.

Today third day ever using Axle (unless tried at Wojo's...don't recall).

newstuff.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My little corner of the basement getting a little crowded. :)

V2 Level 6 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 7 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 8 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 9 2x(CCS) L + R

V2 Level 10 2x(CCS) L + R (Done...hole/ripped blister in right hand bothering quite a bit)

Axle

190 x 5

234 x 3

254 x 1

274 x 1 (PR)

284 x .5 no lock (could not straighten back...my back is weak, my legs are seriously weak...not from overuse...from underuse)

274 x 1

254 x 3 (a few seconds in between)

Standing Front Raise (DB25x2) x6

Cool pillows under the bar.... :flowers: throwing 150 kg on the floor and all you hear is - fluffff - :grin:

• Like 1

Cool pillows under the bar.... :flowers: throwing 150 kg on the floor and all you hear is - fluffff - :grin:

I have learned that my wife's anxiety towards my lifting is directly related to the amount of noise she hears while I'm in the basement. Less noise = more support. :grin:

P.S. I've got pillows under my Rolling Thunder, Blob50, and IM Hub also!

Nice axle! I made one like that too from a scaffold bar. Very cheap and gets the job done well! :zorro:

• Like 1

Chez hosted a training session/precomp warmup today. He had some cancellations but his friend Andrew with friend Chris in tow swung by, Chez and I rounded out the quartet.

Both guys were pretty new to grip, but Chris impressed me with quickly taking to setting grippers/using the block, and Andrew pulled a 300lb axle at 170lbs BW.

Today was not a gripper day for me but I felt good about the rest of my efforts. I definitely need to practice my 20mm block work.

I warmed up closing various grippers including Chez's 149 and 153, but when he pulled the camera out, it was again a no show. Oddly enough, I did manage the 149 Righty with the block, but again there was no camera to catch it. Shy I guess (need to get stronger too of course). Left hand was completely worthless today.

3/4"/19+mm Block Set Grippers

R 147# GHP7 Fail (bad set pinky slid right off gripper)

R 149# CoC #3 Closed

R 152# BB Fail (poor set)

R 152# BB Fail (poor set)...need to practice, practice, practice

L 118.9# GHP5 Closed (locked in a close)

L 137# GHP6 Fail (no excuse for this)

L 133# CoC #2.5 Fail (or this)

L 133# CoC #2.5 Fail (or this) ready to move on...

2HP

152 good pull

160 Fail

160 Fail

160 good pull (pretty sure this is a PR...will have to double check...I've got crap technique...this will change in time...gonna spend more time on it after my #3 Cert)

Axle

#275 (PR)

#285 (PR) I am going to explode on this...confident enough to make a bet...see below.

#295 Fail (2"-4")

#295 Fail (6"-8")

Loadable Blob

#44 (hate the feel of this thing...like the real deal much better)

Little Big Horn

Just made a few pulls with this at #133

Rolling Thunder

A few more pulls with this

Sledge Coin Lift

6lb

R yes

L no

Here's the deal...Chez pulled #340(PR) :rock on the Axle today. We are both planning on attending Durniat's in February.

We have made a bar tab bet on the axle. If he out pulls me by 20lbs or more, his comp.tab is on me...if he doesn't he's got mine.

I have only tried the Axle a handful of times. I just made a ghetto Axle and expect to be doing a lot of catching up. However...I've only got about 5 weeks to do so.

He's got 55lbs on my Axle as of today.

I need to make up 36lbs assuming he has no more improvement (yeah right).

As a betting man, I would say the odds favor him, however, I'm pretty stubborn...therefore it's not a gimmie...and therefore it makes a good bet.

I don't think he's quaking in his boots, but I'm doubting he's completely dismissing it.

I believe that by putting this out in the log, Chez is gonna take this very seriously.

...Begin!

• Like 1

haha, good times today Nate. Thanks a lot for always making the drive to my house. I know its not around the corner. I like this bet. I have plateaued on the axle for way too long. I know I gotta keep working hard on it because you progress quickly on everything. Really looking forward to the Durniat comp my friend.

• Like 2

haha, good times today Nate. Thanks a lot for always making the drive to my house. I know its not around the corner. I like this bet. I have plateaued on the axle for way too long. I know I gotta keep working hard on it because you progress quickly on everything. Really looking forward to the Durniat comp my friend.

Always good times at Gym ala Chez! It's too bad we few gripfolk are so spread out over the U.S.

It's gonna be a great comp.

12/24/12

(All grippers considered closed unless listed as a miss)

(Going to start including more Manus Grips work for next 4 weeks)

3 CCS #1 L + R
6 DB Bench (40x2)

3 CCS #1.5 L + R

6 DB Bench (50x2)

3 CCS #2 L + R

6 DB Bench (60x2)

3 CCS #2.5 L + R

6 DB Bench (70x2)

3 CCS #2.5 harder L + R
7 DB Bench (85x2 with Manus Grips)

3 TNS KIng Kong L + R

2 (3/4" block set) closes #3 R + L (miss 1/4)

3x Shot MM0 Video (Chez like a nagging wife about MM Cert...lol)

Closed x 3=Video Fail x 3 (I'm not going to send anything that's not uber obvious ever again.)

(videos pissing me off right now...maybe try later today)

(overall better gripper day than yesterday, but still feel like CNS ain't firing on all cylinders...maybe tonight?)

14 DB Flys (40x2 with Manus Grips)

14 DB Shrugs (85x2 with Manus Grips)
14 DB Shrugs (70x2 with Manus Grips)

5 DB Squats (60x2)

5 DB Squats (50x2)

Feel a little worn down but feel like I'm building some serious power

• Like 1

I have some reading up to do on this log! Noticed the axle challenge! Nice!

I don't have an IM, but a ghetto axle (scaffold bar), i did 140kg yesterday (a tad over 300lbs). Im not sure how a hollow bar compares two a solid one like IM's, but for the heck of it,

Ill race with you!

• Like 1

I have some reading up to do on this log! Noticed the axle challenge! Nice!

I don't have an IM, but a ghetto axle (scaffold bar), i did 140kg yesterday (a tad over 300lbs). Im not sure how a hollow bar compares two a solid one like IM's, but for the heck of it,

Ill race with you!

My axle is ghetto also. I never bothered to weight it...just going on the assumption it's 10lbs (if it's more...good for me!).

Race along! However...the 350 is only the first stop on the axle train...so if you don't get there first...then race on to the next stop! :)

• Like 1