...of Gripgods, Pinchmen And Steelslayers.

anwnate

Badass. I’ve thought a lot about a piece of advice you gave to someone else ages ago - you don’t want to double wrap everything, but if you need to double wrap something to get stronger and wiser, do it. Leathers or not, P at 8 3/8 is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Tom Flesher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

Badass. I’ve thought a lot about a piece of advice you gave to someone else ages ago - you don’t want to double wrap everything, but if you need to double wrap something to get stronger and wiser, do it. Doubles or not, P at 8 3/8 is nothing to sneeze at.

Heh.  I must be smarter than I thought I was.  Lol.  Appreciate it man.  I'm chafing at the bit here.  What I wouldnt give for a 20yr olds recovery.  

• Like 2

Worked back for a while this morning...gently.

Hand conditioning...FUN DAY!

After hand slaps and mallet knuckles, I decided to work some minwrap 60ds bending Double Underhand and Reverse.

Historically, I haven't done a ton of either, but I'm not entirely unfamiliar with them.  I started with 36 square inch pieces and worked myself down to 9 square inch ones.

The difficulty in these bends comes completely from hand discomfort.  I did one DU and one RS at each pad level. 

My hands were pretty much hamburger (beat up), by time I finished the 9's.  I'll try the 4's another day. 

l was blasting the music and in my little bending zone.  Had a great time.

funday.thumb.jpg.6e27408ed3ded0d5edd37f1bb7f9e0fc.jpg

• Like 5

Saturday was uneventful, but that is not to say it wasn't productive. 

So much of goal achieving is simply showing up and doing the work.

Today I did hand conditioning and some back/abs work.  I wanted to bend a tiny bit to keep the groove so I did a quick 60d in minwraps.  Here's where things got interesting.  Reading Don's multinail bend posts inspired me some.

I took 2 taped 60ds in IMPs and went to town.  Holy hell.  I got to be honest, I almost quit half way through.  This wasn't a particularly hard bend when I was in shape, but today...it reminded me how far I have to go. It was WAY harder than it should been.  Still, it's a milestone for my return.  Baby steps.

20200614_114809.thumb.jpg.ecf50773aa0dce7b2860978ccf48d8ba.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

Nice work Nate! I just love those tiny pads.

I hope so...cause this set is on the way to Michigan.  :) 

minwraps.thumb.jpg.464dd5a36dd2f2e016fe44df6f9179c5.jpg

Edited by anwnate
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

I hope so...cause this set is on the way to Michigan.  :) 

minwraps.thumb.jpg.464dd5a36dd2f2e016fe44df6f9179c5.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much. These will be fun! You are the man!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Monday...good workout, good hand conditioning, bent a red ...was way harder than I felt it should have been.

I.M. package arrived.  Randall asked me to return the Golds I bought...saying they were not right.20200615_120340.thumb.jpg.6413e9811c48f48d0c7caa891d8d9323.jpg

I measured them at .366.  They should be .375.  So...I'll ship them back.

Today...hand conditioning.  Hand slaps and mallet knuckles.  Bent a 60d in minwraps(12s) then broke out one of the new Reds.

The kink seemed normal...but then it freaking MELTED.  Abnormally.   Like...I'm badass and all that...but this was weird.  I bent it to 1 1/4" in like 6 seconds.  So maybe this is the time to cert Red...cause these are questionable.

I followed that with a 60d DU minwrap(4s).  Felt good to move steel nearly barehanded.

20200616_114022.thumb.jpg.46f0650eed86ff6a5b129e92f4b8852e.jpg

More slaps.  Finished up with a bunch of bwsquats and planks. Good day.

• Like 6

Wednesday!  My heavy long bar day.

Warmed up with a 60d in 24s and a Red in Imps.

Wrapped up a "P" 8 3/8" in Imps and went at it.  Took it down in about 90 seconds.

While it's true it took a lot out of me...I was super pleased.  Two weeks ago I could barely kink it.  

Wrapped up a "Q" and kinked it to 18deg.  Freaking progress yo!

Followed with OHP and biceps, BW squats,  planks and glute bridges.  And of course hand slaps, knuckle mallets.

Good freaking day.  Thanks for the support packmates.

20200617_125615.thumb.jpg.00c1957ec5b5048d2dd76070685abd60.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, bencrush said:

@anwnateVery nice work!!!

Thank you very much sir!

• Like 1

Threw my back out...in bed.  Why...cause I'm old.  First little setback of my gold run.

So...I did some glute bridges, BW squats, hand slaps and light bending. 

60d in minwraps (12s)

Red in 2/3rd IMPs

60s with a single cordura (12) on the pointy end.

My hands have gotten conditioned to the point that theres no real need to wrap the 60d head end...so why do it?  Also...I need to work my Red bends down in wraps. Today was the start.

20200619_125706.thumb.jpg.29892be200641e0a89b57e6dbcb1097b.jpg

Just then my KenDavis shoes arrived so I went upstairs to grab em.  I ordered 13 but was sent 22.  Emailed them offering to pay the extra...cause I'm a sap. 

20200619_130511.thumb.jpg.8302635746abccb1ade93fcba3066173.jpg

Did an abbreviated workout.  Db bench, OARs, GN rows, shrugs.  Done...without aggravating my back.  Hallelujah.   :)

Edited by anwnate
Through and threw
  • Like 5

Horseshoes come in pairs just like people shoes. I don’t know how you got an odd number.

way to persevere.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Horseshoes come in pairs just like people shoes. I don’t know how you got an odd number.

way to persevere.

In that case...I'm short two pairs.  :)

Thanks.

Hand conditioning. 

Slaps/knuckle mallets.

60d with minwrap (12) on point side.

Red in 1/2 IMPs (72s)

Slaps/knuckle mallets.

1/2imp red kink was way harder than it should have been.  Hands are still beat up I guess.  Oh well...still progress. 

:)20200620_100727.thumb.jpg.5f5208079da924f95c63af6b69f0295e.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Do you have volume days or is the volume taking care of by the frequency?

Well...I'm not really concentrating on volume per se. 

Volume is great for honing technique but won't help me get from a to b.

I'm soooo clearly not strong enough to bend Gold, so lifting (3x week) is taking precedence over nearly everything else.  

Wednesday (long bar day) is in the works to become my largest volume day, when I actually get strong enough to work multiple levels at 8 3/8".  I'm trying hard to stay patient.

My hands however, dont need days to recover, so I'm working the conditioning every day.  They are getting tough...its a cool process.

• Like 2

Big hand conditioning Father's day.

Slaps/knuckle mallets. Volume = a friggin lot.

60d with single minwrap (4) on point side.

Red in 1/2 IMPs (72s)

Neat thing about doing this the very next day...I slaughtered it...maybe 5 seconds.  While I think this batch is weak, I definitely see improvement with the conditioning.  I'll probably wrap a Red in 1/3s (48s) tomorrow and see what's worth seeing.

60d with single minwrap (4) on point side...double underhand.  :)

Went down nice enough, but my wrists need strengthening if I'm going to bend harder steel DU.  

Hands are getting tougher.

20200621_184308.thumb.jpg.26b7a5d4b30e619174972e2e7b975343.jpg

• Like 2

Back out of whack...still.  That said, it's more of a muscle than (historically frequent) disc issue...so I'm optimistic it'll sort out in a few more days.

Hand slaps/knuckle mallets.

60d with single minwrap (4) on point side.

Cannon's Reds came in so I melted one of my existing Reds (IMPs) in 3 hits.

The new Red bent nearly identically so I'm guess they are from the same batch.  If you are on the ledge about certing...do it now!

"P" O-1 Drill Rod @ 8 3/8" in IMPs.

Red in 1/2 IMPs (72s).

I wanted to do a 1/3 IMPs (48s) Red today but the 1/2 IMP wasn't stellar so I put it off.

I'm starting phase 2 of my plan today. 

In addition to minwrap 60ds and RPP Reds and Bastards...I'm going to bend a single "P", each day in IMPs until I run out of stock (soon), then will bend a single "Q" each day.

Wednesday will still be my day to go heavy on the long stock.  I may attempt an "R" if things feel right in two days.

20200622_141635.thumb.jpg.9bff54d040a6efc4f3cd2e77d0d48b56.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

Cannon's Reds came in so I melted one of my existing Reds (IMPs) in 3 hits.

The new Red bent nearly identically so I'm guess they are from the same batch.  If you are on the ledge about certing...do it now!

I’m trying, man, but they’re not scheduling certs until The Unpleasantness is over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Flesher said:

I’m trying, man, but they’re not scheduling certs until The Unpleasantness is over. 

Ahhh that's right.  Well the good news is that the extra time will eliminate any doubts you would have had come cert day.

• Like 1

So this morning I wrapped the point end of a 60d with a (4) and quickly found out I have two tears on my middle knuckles.  Switched the minwrap out for a (12) and powered through it.

20200623_092240.thumb.jpg.e1701e91b2ecad506fcb48c37b8e7c60.jpg

Not my worst, but definitely aggravating. I put some electrical tape on it.

Bent a Red in IMPs.

Bent a "P" @ 8 3/8" in IMPs.

Did BW squats, glute bridges, hand slaps.  Hands and body are a bit worn down right now.  Gonna baby my knuckles for a week.

20200623_092025.thumb.jpg.7b38bbefd4386496aa95526a7d5fcf99.jpg

• Like 4

Well...I'm ridiculously exhausted after today's session. It didnt go exactly the way I wanted (people didnt raise me on their shoulders and cheer my name in unison), but it could have been worse.

Hand slaps.

"P" 0-1 DR @ 8 3/8" (IMPs)

Attempted a

"Q" 0-1 DR @ 8 3/8" in IMPs.  Moved like 6 degrees and stalled.  I've got to be worn down.  Soooooo, I used my 1.5 IMPs my kiddo sewed for me years ago.20200624_123208.thumb.jpg.1222f8b784e2976c900fc2d480aadd31.jpg

Worked wonders.  I moved it to about 90 degrees and finished her off in singles.

Worked so well I did a second "Q" the same way. 

Pretty tired at this point so I went back down and bent a "P" in IMPs.  Was surprising how much easier it was compared to the first one.

20200624_132319.thumb.jpg.d2b9bbe0c0dd1821c2eb87f0333ffcb4.jpg

These 4 bends exhausted me.  I keep reminding myself that this goal is like a 1000 day goal (literally)...and I'm only on day 29 today.

More hand slaps.

Reclined OHP (100db)

• Like 4

Those 1.5 IMPs are cool! I always liked your method of cutting up pairs of IMPs and using more or less padding. That was one of the most productive training techniques I used for bending. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrankD said:

Those 1.5 IMPs are cool! I always liked your method of cutting up pairs of IMPs and using more or less padding. That was one of the most productive training techniques I used for bending. 

Thanks man.  I'll tell Abby.  I'm glad you found it useful.

• Like 2