...of Gripgods, Pinchmen And Steelslayers.

anwnate

I'm happy to see you training again my friend and look forward to seeing you sometime in 2019!

• Like 1

Just now, odin said:

I'm happy to see you training again my friend and look forward to seeing you sometime in 2019!

Thank you sir.  I expect to be in Greensboro March 20-23rd for NCAA Division 3 Swimming Championships.  It would be great if we could arrange a meet up.

12/16/18

Dumbbell Bench (70s)

6, 5, 5, 4, 3  TV = 23 = 3220lbs

Flask

misc pulls at 70 lbs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, anwnate said:

Thank you sir.  I expect to be in Greensboro March 20-23rd for NCAA Division 3 Swimming Championships.  It would be great if we could arrange a meet up.

Sounds good Nate!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.  Long time no log.  Unfortunately it's because of inaction...not just laziness.

With the New Year here (give/take), I'm embarking on a major overhaul on my life. 

There are so many goals, it could be easy to be overwhelmed.  Hopefully I arrive at LEGENDS a good deal smarter and in better shape.

12/31/18

Belt Squat

200 x 10 x 3  TV = 6000 lbs

Grippers (20mm block unless noted)

Grippers Lefty

104 x 3, 121 x 1, 130 x 1, 130 x 1, 130 x Miss, 150 SSN, 150 SSN

Grippers Righty

104 x 3, 121 x 3, 142 x 3, 160 x Miss, 160 x 1, 167 x Miss, 183 x SSN, 183 x SSN

Frustrating session.  CNS not firing...closes wayyyyyy below max.  Gotta put the time in though and trust the process.

Bending Single Imps

G8 x 6"  x 2

Red Nail to 65 deg

Frustrating bending session.  Glad I'm moving the Red on the regular again but technique is still sucky and I'm hella-weak.  Didn't have it in me to finish the nail off today.

Blobs Left/Right

Beezleblob  3/3 (good high pulls)  should clean it early 2019

Blob50  3/3

48.8  3/3

42.4 Clean and Press 3/3

Totally ignored the double sledge today.  It's pretty much the sketchiest event of the bunch.

Probably a Joshua event anyway.  Perhaps I can limit my loss some if I work on it.  Hmmmmm.

• Like 3

1/3/19

Legends 2" Saxon Bar

90kg, 95kg, 100kg, 105kg(231lbs)

All went up nicely...110kg was glued to the floor.  Dropped back down to get some reps in at 95kg.

95kg

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 20 = 1900kg

Think this is a training PR.  They went up so easy that I'm debating attempting singles at 100kg next Saxon session. 

Besides...historically doing saxon set reps has been tearing my hands up.  Holding while slipping is a double edged sword.

I'm convinced my Saxon grab is sub par.  I've reached out for help/tips.

Flask

miscellaneous until stupid left thumb tore open AGAIN.

Bench DB (70s)

5,5,4,4,4  TV = 3080

Belt Squat

225x 10 x 3  TV = 6750 lbs

• Like 6

You only lifted it 209lbs for 20 singles.........put some weight on it next time

• Like 1

1/7/19 

Andrew's Axle 

127, 130, 135, 140kg/308lbs

Didn't bother to try 145

(130kg)  1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 10 = 1300

Not a great workout...had to quit in the middle of it.  Back tweaky.  Discretion the better part of valor and all that.

May try some blobs tonight if back loosens up.

• Like 1

1/10/19

Attempted grippers...CNS wasn't having it.  Tested poorly...as did blobs.

Decided to do some unbraced bending in Single IMPs.

Failed fully bending a 6" Black Grade 8.  (well...didn't want it bad enough I guess)

Bent 2 Spiral Reds...20 and 15 seconds respectively.

This confirms my thought that the Black G8s I have are harder than these old Reds.  That and I hate anything under 7".

So the Reds took like 8 hits apiece.  Should be more like 3-4 tops.  I'm totally out of shape. Yuck.

Pretty darn exhausted.  I know I should drop down on the Andrew's Axle and start pounding reps instead of hitting it high.

I ABHOR dropping workout weight...but need to put the EGO away.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

1/10/19

Attempted grippers...CNS wasn't having it.  Tested poorly...as did blobs.

Decided to do some unbraced bending in Single IMPs.

Failed fully bending a 6" Black Grade 8.  (well...didn't want it bad enough I guess)

Bent 2 Spiral Reds...20 and 15 seconds respectively.

This confirms my thought that the Black G8s I have are harder than these old Reds.  That and I hate anything under 7".

So the Reds took like 8 hits apiece.  Should be more like 3-4 tops.  I'm totally out of shape. Yuck.

Pretty darn exhausted.  I know I should drop down on the Andrew's Axle and start pounding reps instead of hitting it high.

I ABHOR dropping workout weight...but need to put the EGO away.

How do the spirals compare to the current reds? How is your skin, holding up well? Good to be progressing.

• Like 1

I am interested to hear Nate's take on this as well. I always found the spiral reds far easier than any of the newer ones. To me, the spirals still seem harder than the Black G8's but that might be a flexibility thing due to the shorter length. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FrankD said:

I am interested to hear Nate's take on this as well. I always found the spiral reds far easier than any of the newer ones. To me, the spirals still seem harder than the Black G8's but that might be a flexibility thing due to the shorter length. 

I have never bent one before. They stopped making those before I started bending reds. I had heard they were easier but not sure how much difference. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

How do the spirals compare to the current reds? How is your skin, holding up well? Good to be progressing.

2 hours ago, FrankD said:

Spirals (415-430?) are significantly easier.  I don't know who has rated the newer ones...maybe @acromegaman?

So as a comparison...I think they are definitely 25lbs lighter...but more likely up to 50lbs lighter than the new ones depending on the batches.  I'll save you a couple for fun.  I used to melt them in 2-3 hits...5-6 seconds.  I'm pretty far from that right now.  I'm just using these as a stepping stone.  I better darn well be in the 650's by time Summer gets here.

Skin is good.  I haven't even been using electrical tape...but my volume's been pretty low...cause frankly I'm weak right now.

Frank...I got an OLD batch of Black G8s from Beatty.  These suckers are annoying AF.  I've bent a lot of them...just didn't have the willpower today. :( sigh

• Like 3

Spirals (415-430?) are significantly easier.  I don't know who has rated the newer ones...maybe @acromegaman?

So as a comparison...I think they are definitely 25lbs lighter...but more likely up to 50lbs lighter than the new ones depending on the batches.  I'll save you a couple for fun.  I used to melt them in 2-3 hits...5-6 seconds.  I'm pretty far from that right now.  I'm just using these as a stepping stone.  I better darn well be in the 650's by time Summer gets here.

Skin is good.  I haven't even been using electrical tape...but my volume's been pretty low...cause frankly I'm weak right now.

Frank...I got an OLD batch of Black G8s from Beatty.  These suckers are annoying AF.  I've bent a lot of them...just didn't have the willpower today. :( sigh

I never got around to rating a red, but I did hit every round CRS bar in the FBBC spectrum, a hand full of golds, edgin, and a big G8. Glad to see you bending buddy. I'm working on that primarily atm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

I never got around to rating a red, but I did hit every round CRS bar in the FBBC spectrum, a hand full of golds, edgin, and a big G8. Glad to see you bending buddy. I'm working on that primarily atm.

I’ll ship you a couple of spirals and a couple black G8s..if you’re willing to rate em.  Perhaps we can talk someone with new reds cough cough @FrankD to ship you one or two for comparison. :) 

I’ll ship you a couple of spirals and a couple black G8s..if you’re willing to rate em.  Perhaps we can talk someone with new reds cough cough @FrankD to ship you one or two for comparison. :) 

I actually don't have the scale portion of my bending calibration unit. 😟 I need to buy another.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, anwnate said:

I'd be more than happy to ship out some of the newer reds (2017) to any of you guys, they are sitting in my basement collecting dust these days. @Donc101  @acromegaman @anwnate just let me know. 

• Thanks 1

Going through another mental valley.  Had a few false starts the last week or so but couldn't get through any kind of a workout.  Probably bent a half dozen Reds  here and there.

My Legends training has been crap of late.

1/16/19

Legends 2" Saxon Bar

95kg

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,  TV = 13 = 1235kg

Left palm ripped after 10.  Used up 3 bandaids on the last three.  Upon closer inspection, I noted a burr area (right where the blood was...how 'bout that?).  Remembering I've ripped in that same spot several times...I took my grinder to area.  Smooth as silk now.  Looking forward to the next workout after I heal up.

Bending (single IMPs)

3 Spiral Reds...each between 15 and 20 seconds.  Not all out efforts...shit's getting easier.

"O" 0-1 Drill Rod @ 8 3/8"

"P" 0-1 Drill Rod @ 8 3/8"

These were wayyyyy harder than I remember.  I'm really hating this pacemaker/defibrillator.  I rub up and have bruised the area constantly since starting back with the bending.  It's a good reminder to keep the nail high...but there's a lot of incidental contact that I'm starting to resent.

I have a massive pile of half bent steel from myself and others.  Finished off some random partially bent Reds and G8's.

Bench DB (70s)

5,5,6,5,5  TV = 26 = 3640

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Hola grip and bending peeps.

After a long layoff, I just started becoming physical active again.  I look forward to reaquainting myself with the board members.

Hope this finds you well. - Nate

• Like 12

8 hours ago, anwnate said:

After a long layoff, I just started becoming physical active again.  I look forward to reaquainting myself with the board members.

Nate, great to hear!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, anwnate said:

So good to see you are back at it! 

• Thanks 1