...of Gripgods, Pinchmen And Steelslayers.

anwnate

9/24/18 p.m.

Last night Juliet's personal trainer "Tre" dropped in for Grip 101.  He's strong, lifted 139 INCH right out the gate.

Lot's of showing/explaining.  I did a mishmash of a couple of dozen lifts.

Legends applicable lifts...

Loadable INCH up to 147.6

Fatman lifts and hold at the top 2-4 seconds.

2x45 holds.  because of skin tears, instead of moving the plates back and forth between hands...I simply squeezed each hand in turn while both were on the plates.

Last night was the first night I felt...oh yeah...this (2x45 1HP) is gonna happen.  Nice confidence boost.

I'm finding it hard to juggle losing weight, program enough rest, work towards my goals and ward off the wolves (personal demons).  Pushing through a weight plateau at the moment.  Hope to hit a milestone (down 40lbs) in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 12

9/28/18

Wolves have been winning of late.  Frankly...I'm not putting up much of a fight.

The wifey forced me downstairs to work out this a.m. ...figured I'd work something Legends.

Saxon Bar 80kg

3, 3 ,3, 3, 3, 3, 3   TV = 21 = 1680kg

These were relatively easy.  I'll keep bumping as long as I'm staying with multiples to 20.

2x45 2HP Holds. 

Shifting weight between hands.  Definitely getting stronger.  Need to accept the nearly imperceptible wins.

Officially down 41lbs from peak weight.  32 more to goal weight (non water weight).

I may have a cheat day to celebrate and slow my progress. ;) 

• Like 4

Been struggling brainwise.  Just glad I forced myself to do something.

10/3/18 

Andrew's Axle (122kg) 

2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2  TV = 20 =  2440kg  

tweaked back on 17-18 reps.  put belt on for last 2.  Gonna move up to 127kg next workout.

Fatman (53)

1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1  TV = 8 = 424  

Did FM negatives after failing to lift.

Feels good to getting the FM on the regular.

Finnish Ball 

Worked up to 27kg with both hands.  Finally stronger (barely) than the woman's world record. lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10/6/18

Still in a mental rut, but forcing a workout does pay dividends in several ways.

Legends 2" Saxon Bar 85kg

3, 3 ,3, 3, 3, 3, 3   TV = 21 = 1785kg

Still stopping workouts at 20ish TV reps.  Gonna bump to 90kg next session.  I'm leaps and bounds beyond my first workout on this implement.  May go for a new max next Saturday.

Fatman (53)

1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1   TV =10 = 530

Gonna try a double blob50 hold for time as a finisher next blob workout.

Double Sledge Slim Style (25lb)  TV = 3 = 75lbs

Not particularly happy with this event.  Rolling on a random towel using bodyweight as momentum is an ambiguous test at best.  That said, I suck at it and I'm gonna have to practice the discipline often.  Also...as essentially a "crush" event, I should start working this before hitting the saxon or axle.

2x45 2HP Holds

did like 4 holds.  Shifted weight between hands again.  Ripped a nice chunk out of my left thumb.  Pretty much using this as a finisher.  Feeling closer to a 1 hand hold at the top.

Body weight...steady at 257, still 40lbs down (post cheat day at that).  Gut says I'm gonna start dropping again in a few days.  The road to a Legends 225lbs continues.

• Like 3

10/9/18 

Andrew's Axle (127kg) 

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 13 =  1651kg  

Probably should have waited a day...felt weaker than I feel I should have.  But... it was testing great so I continued. 

This last 11lb jump definitely made a noticeable difference.  I look forward to the fight increasing both reps and TV.

Fatman (53)

1/1, 1/1, 1/1, 1/1  TV = 8 = 424  

Did top holds and slow descents. 

45lb CAP Hub Lifts

various lifts/doubles and holds at top

• Like 2

That is a fairly respectable Andy’s Axle lift. And to be this far it in training, I think we should expect to see 340+ out of you. I will have to try to not lose too many points to you on this event.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

That is a fairly respectable Andy’s Axle lift. And to be this far it in training, I think we should expect to see 340+ out of you. I will have to try to not lose too many points to you on this event.

I will be doing my best to make great strides on the Andy.  I intend on impressing the hell out of you down the road.

• Like 5

10/13/18

Celebrated Anton's Birthday with a griptogether.  Many hours of feasting and feating. 

Too freakin many feats and PRs to remember.  Off the top of my head...

Matt and John both got 3x25x2.

Juliet pulled 162lbs on the Jug.

Tim pulled 226.8lbs on the Jug.

Matt pulled 229 on the Jug.

Anton did a 12lb PR on the Crusher (forgot number).

Juliet hubbed a 45 multiple times...then hub pinched 2 45's at the same time.  Never seen that before from a woman.

Vinnie pulled 95kg/209lbs on the Saxon Bar.

Wayne ripped his first deck of cards.

Tim pulled 98kg on the Legends Anvil (105kg was a 4 way tie for first at Legends1).

Jose taught Juliet unbraced bending...she bent her first 2 nails...the second one was an I.M. Blue.

Ridiculous.

As far as me...I kinda did a little of every implement and quartered a bunch of cards 

I did pull 95.7 on the flask (4lb PR).  Pretty cool residuals from training the Saxon and 2x45.  

• Like 10

Dude! I actually pulled 164.8 on the jug!!! Get your numbers straight. ;) Anton only just about edged me out with 167! It was the only reason he didn't crawl back to NYC with his tail between his legs! Next time I won't let him off so easy!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Juliet said:

Dude! I actually pulled 164.8 on the jug!!! Get your numbers straight. ;) Anton only just about edged me out with 167! It was the only reason he didn't crawl back to NYC with his tail between his legs! Next time I won't let him off so easy!!!!

I think the only implement I can breathe easy on when you are around is grippers lol.  Anton and I used to joke that as long as we stayed ahead of you we were fine, but really, it's no joke to stay ahead of you, and I am sure we sometimes won't.  You are not just very strong for a woman, or for 145 pounds; you are just very strong, period.  Keep it up!

• Like 4

10/17/18 

Sick Sick Sick...and not in a good way.   Got that upper respiratory infection/head cloud thing going on.  Super fatigue.

I don't feel well at all but decided to workout regardless.  Figured if I can get something in...I can make some gainz while sitting around being sick.

Andrew's Axle (127kg) 

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 12 =  1524kg  

If I felt better and did this...I'd be disappointed.  As it is...it kinda feels like progress.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Fatman (53)

couldn't make any full lifts.  Did a half dozen pop assists (each hand) and worked the hold at the top and negatives.

That's it.  Totally shot after this.  Focusing on the positive...got something in today.  :) 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I think the only implement I can breathe easy on when you are around is grippers lol.  Anton and I used to joke that as long as we stayed ahead of you we were fine, but really, it's no joke to stay ahead of you, and I am sure we sometimes won't.  You are not just very strong for a woman, or for 145 pounds; you are just very strong, period.  Keep it up!

I think you're right about the grippers. lol. Gotta get you and Chez to help me out with them. Thanks for the compliments Vinnie! You guys motivate me and make me want to excel, and whenever we get together, we all tend to do just that!! Loved working jug with you and Anton Saturday.  It was so much fun to see grown men squirm!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, anwnate said:

10/17/18 

Sick Sick Sick...and not in a good way.   Got that upper respiratory infection/head cloud thing going on.  Super fatigue.

I don't feel well at all but decided to workout regardless.  Figured if I can get something in...I can make some gainz while sitting around being sick.

Andrew's Axle (127kg) 

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 12 =  1524kg  

If I felt better and did this...I'd be disappointed.  As it is...it kinda feels like progress.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Fatman (53)

couldn't make any full lifts.  Did a half dozen pop assists (each hand) and worked the hold at the top and negatives.

That's it.  Totally shot after this.  Focusing on the positive...got something in today.  :) 

Yes you did! Positivity is key!!! Good work on pushing through it!

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 6:00 PM, anwnate said:

10/13/18

Celebrated Anton's Birthday with a griptogether.  Many hours of feasting and feating. 

Too freakin many feats and PRs to remember.  Off the top of my head...

Matt and John both got 3x25x2.

Juliet pulled 162lbs on the Jug.

Tim pulled 226.8lbs on the Jug.

Matt pulled 229 on the Jug.

Anton did a 12lb PR on the Crusher (forgot number).

Juliet hubbed a 45 multiple times...then hub pinched 2 45's at the same time.  Never seen that before from a woman.

Vinnie pulled 95kg/209lbs on the Saxon Bar.

Wayne ripped his first deck of cards.

Tim pulled 98kg on the Legends Anvil (105kg was a 4 way tie for first at Legends1).

Jose taught Juliet unbraced bending...she bent her first 2 nails...the second one was an I.M. Blue.

Ridiculous.

As far as me...I kinda did a little of every implement and quartered a bunch of cards 

I did pull 95.7 on the flask (4lb PR).  Pretty cool residuals from training the Saxon and 2x45.  

On 10/14/2018 at 8:20 PM, Donc101 said:

Sounds like you all had a great day with some great numbers and feats done! Happy birthday Anton, @Anton.Torrella!

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

1 hour ago, Juliet said:

I think you're right about the grippers. lol. Gotta get you and Chez to help me out with them. Thanks for the compliments Vinnie! You guys motivate me and make me want to excel, and whenever we get together, we all tend to do just that!! Loved working jug with you and Anton Saturday.  It was so much fun to see grown men squirm!!!!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes and for making it such a great day! The rampant number of PR lifts were unbelieveable! Nates basement gym isn't only a shrine, its a pilgrimage site to experience your best lift and/or bend. Give homage to the gods of grip and they give back! Looking forward to King Kong!

• Like 3

10/22/18

Legends Blob Run

half 70, 80, 90, blob50, blob50, half110, Fatman, half120, Blobzilla.

Clean lifts to 2' platform with both hands up to half120.  Got good air on Blobzilla righty.  Setting a Zilla goal for a full lockout by Christmas.

20181022_173923.jpg

10/23/18

Finally on the downslope...recovering from my Fall illness.  Certainly not 100% but much improved

Legends 2" Saxon Bar 90kg

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 20 = 1800kg

Testing well but stopped at 20 TV reps.  This last 5kg add was a huge jump.  Yes I'm still sick...but it was a very noticeable difference between triples at 85kg and singles at 90kg.  The good news is that some of these singles were awfully close to doubles.  I fully expect to hit SOME doubles next workout.  Hand placement seems to make a crazy difference on the saxon bar.  Need to study this more.

Legends Blob Run

half 70, 80, 90, blob50, blob50, half110, Fatman, half120, Blobzilla.

Clean lifts to lockout with both hands up to half120.  Despite being post pinch workout...today the half120 was easier (demystified I think).  Hopped Blobzilla righty only.  Worked 3 blobzilla negatives...both hands.

I was totally shot after this.  Ridic fatigue.  

• Like 7

Very strong pinching 

• Thanks 1

10/26/18 

Andrew's Axle (127kg) 

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 20 = 2540

Definite improvement...a few were close to doubles.  Still sick and clearing my sinuses between lifts.  I somehow tested well until I got 20 reps...mental or coincidence?

Right after finishing the set I was overcome by an overwhelming fatigue.  Significant Volume PR at this weight.  Attempted some blob lifts but decided to just call it.  Sometimes yah gotta accept the small wins.  :) 

Gonna head to Astoria tomorrow first thing to help Anton's King Kong Leg.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, anwnate said:

10/26/18 

Andrew's Axle (127kg) 

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 20 = 2540

Definite improvement...a few were close to doubles.  Still sick and clearing my sinuses between lifts.  I somehow tested well until I got 20 reps...mental or coincidence?

Right after finishing the set I was overcome by an overwhelming fatigue.  Significant Volume PR at this weight.  Attempted some blob lifts but decided to just call it.  Sometimes yah gotta accept the small wins.  :) 

Gonna head to Astoria tomorrow first thing to help Anton's King Kong Leg.  

Have fun at King Kong. You competing?

25 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Have fun at King Kong. You competing?

No sir. 

• Sad 1

10/31/18

Threw back out yesterday...minor miracle I worked out today at all.  

1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1  TV = 20 = 1800kg

All lifts were pretty easy...and fast.  I probably took like 1/3 the rest I did the last time I did this volume and weight.  So that's progress anyway.  That said...I couldn't manage doubles for whatever reason.  Eventually I had to bandage both thumbs due to rips.

Legends Blob Run

half 70, 80, 90, blob50, blob50, half110, Fatman, half120, 

Worked up to half 120s both hands.  Couldn't get Blobzilla air at all today.  I think my Fatman is slightly harder than my 120...gotta be texture.  I need a lot more blob training...when thumbs heal up.

• Like 4

Double ripped thumbs create the perfect blood-soaked implement for halloween - well done you crafty gentleman - and its a great problem to have when you couldn't get air at all under Blobzilla today - I personally look forward to that problem - ghoulishly good work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Beyond some Beta Testing...haven't done squat in 4 weeks.  Massive mental rut.  Whine, Piss, Moan. 

Juliet dropped by to talk about Arnolds....I ended up doing some grip work.  We still have no clue whether she is gonna participate.  Lots of T's to cross and I's to dot...just to have a chance at her attending.

11/28/18

Manna-Nuff

Drags Left/Right  18/18

2 hand lift/switch hands  8, 6, 4  Total Volume = 18 hand switches

Historically...I don't train the Manna-Nuff.  That said...with the last Gripmas this year...I'd prefer to lift it before New Year's.  So...I'm gonna get some extra time with it.  I don't feel super far away from a full lift with the sucker.  My thumbs ripping open are definitely a hindrance to owning this lift.

1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1  TV = 20 = 1800kg

I attempted  doubles on most of them.  I failed at the doubles on most of them...but the majority were failed on the second completion.  Being 4 weeks away from the Saxon with zero real strength drop off felt good.  The Manna-Nuff likely took away some of my prospective doubles.  I feel way stronger than these singles...but am still gonna wait to do 10 doubles before raising the bar...so to speak. :) 

Legends Blob Run

half120, 

I'd say I only got L/R...1/2 full lifts overall.  The rest were popped up and fought on the way down...maybe another 8-10.

P.S. How was I only on the top of the second page of workouts... when i was gone for 4 weeks.  Me thinks we don't have a lot of logs going on here on the board.  Tsk. Tsk.

• Like 2