Top 5 Crushing Grips In The World

kasparov

Hi guys,

I'm new to grip, just closed the coc 2 after owning it for a month. My question is..who in your opinion are the top 5 crushing grips in the world at the moment?

From what I have seen Nathan holle has the worlds strongest crushing grip, is this a fairly accurate observation?

In no particular order

nathan holle

paul knight

-cont. can't post other videos here

Jonathan D. Vogt

Vache Sevajian, gets huge props for ccs the 3.5 with only 3 fingers.

Ioan Cristian Puscasu is up their also can't find his 3.5 cert video though but think he posted a video that got taken down of him repping a 3.5 easily.

Ok thanks for that, would you have Nathan at the top due to his ghp 9 close?

Yeah probably at the moment that is one of the best closes ever done especially recently

Edited by yummy

Better than MM7 ....

Pyry Harju Parallel Close Coc Guide 4.8.08

• Like 1

Just going off the ghp 9 close, I'm assuming Nathan could do ccs Im #4 no problem?

Chances are, there's no person alive who could ccs a new im #4 without any problems at this time. That's also why noone has certed since they changed the rules.

Just going off the ghp 9 close, I'm assuming Nathan could do ccs Im #4 no problem?

No I doubt that, he could cert on the 3.5 no problem though. Also to be fair it was not straight out of the package so not sure what it rates at. My guess is its around and easy #4 which still he is one of the only guy to block set a easy # 4 to my knowledge. Again its why its hard to judge since noone else has tried that gripper and it was not under a contest setting. With the mm7 we all have an idea of how hard it is since others have had a chance to try it. With the 3.5 ccs we know they are legit since it was done under a contest type setting etc.

Edited by yummy

Durniat block set one helluva gripper this year in a contest. He's waay up there.

Edited by cemery
  • Like 2

Durniat block set one helluva gripper this year in a contest. He's waay up there.

Andrew not only closed the hardest cal'ed gripper in a contest with a block, he has also closed the highest rated choker gripper in a contest

How could the ghp 9 be an easy #4? Isn't the ghp 9 rated on average harder than the #4?

In which case an easy ghp 9 should equate to a hard #4?

I thought cannon rated 2 one at 219 and the other at 226. Wouldn't a 219 be a very hard #4?

Andrew not only closed the hardest cal'ed gripper in a contest with a block, he has also closed the highest rated choker gripper in a contest

although it is tough to argue with yummy's initial response, andrew does seem to be the only one doing it in competition.

What kind of gripper was it? Any idea the rating of it?

COC #4 rated at 206.6 lbs

Thanks for that. In your opinion could Nathan Holle Close a #4 with a CCS?

Thanks for that. In your opinion could Nathan Holle Close a #4 with a CCS?

The problem is that not many people know a lot about Nathan because he keeps to himself and isn't active on any forums. From what I have heard and from his GHP 9 video, I believe he could.

my block set was a #4 at 206.6 and my best choker was a #4 at 224.27#, both in competition. My ghp9 comes in at 212.1#.

Top Crushers - The following are all in some way working to ccs a #4 and is just a matter of time and staying injury free.

-Nathan Holle (at the top - he's GHP9 and #4 certified, no one else is or has yet, end of debate)

-Juha Harju (dominating the MM ladder)

-Ioan (very strong and first to call up a ccs#4 attempt)

-Jonathon Vogt (very strong and from seeing his video and GHP work, one of the strongest candidates for ccs#4)

-myself (competition closes have been strong, 20mm block - 206.6# and choker - 224.27#)

-Tim Struse, Paul Knight, Steve Gardener (these guys have a tremendous crush when they are training it. Not sure where they are currently, but definitely top contenders.)

• Like 6

Two of the top guys that closed #4 grippers also are Chad Woodall and Martin Arildson. Both worth to mention in this thread IMO. Don't know if they are CURRENTLY top 5 though...

• Like 1

my block set was a #4 at 206.6 and my best choker was a #4 at 224.27#, both in competition. My ghp9 comes in at 212.1#.

Top Crushers - The following are all in some way working to ccs a #4 and is just a matter of time and staying injury free.

-Nathan Holle (at the top - he's GHP9 and #4 certified, no one else is or has yet, end of debate)

-Jonathon Vogt (very strong and from seeing his video and GHP work, one of the strongest candidates for ccs#4)

-myself (competition closes have been strong, 20mm block - 206.6# and choker - 224.27#)

-Tim Struse, Paul Knight, Steve Gardener (these guys have a tremendous crush when they are training it. Not sure where they are currently, but definitely top contenders.)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the list that's great. Congratulations on your great closes in competition, truly world class. How far away do you think you are from a ccs #4 close? Do you think this also comes down to luck of the draw in terms of what type of #4 you get out of the packaging? Do you think the GHP 9 on average is more difficult than the #4?

Wes Peart when he was training he was really strong. The dude got a CoC #4 down to 1/8 when he was 16 or 17. But he rarely comes here anymore. College got to him. Hope he comes back one day.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the list that's great. Congratulations on your great closes in competition, truly world class. How far away do you think you are from a ccs #4 close? Do you think this also comes down to luck of the draw in terms of what type of #4 you get out of the packaging? Do you think the GHP 9 on average is more difficult than the #4?

Head to head. My GHP9 (212#) feels much harder than both my #4 (206.6 and 224#)

Hi Andrew,

Yes I noticed although they rate the same but the feel is harder!

Hi Andrew,

Thanks Andrew.

How far away are you from closing the GHP 9?

I maintain that the GHPs feel harder pound per pound due to the bevelled handle ends. Whether it's the reduced leverage from having to grab slightly higher so the pinky doesn't fall off or the slightly more ROM of the pinky from riding a cut edge and the palm side sitting deeper, well, in the palm. Regardless, they are my favorite gripper. Nothing is as smooth on the close.