Domination Of The Pink Weights

dpc

Did you not eat enough? I think it must have been because you pushed the bench press that your incline suffers, if your upper back work was fine. What was your pr last year on bench again?

It was just weird food and weird timing. I didn't fully know when I was going to the gym, if I was at all, and then I ate weird things.

My PR was someting around 175. Still have a ways to go. But these reps felt really good. The bench is still really slippery, so it's hard to keep rigid. So when I did these reps I actually did them reallly slow. Much slower than what I normally do. I felt pretty good all the way through each rep.

Yeah the upper back stuff was good. I'm pretty sure 45 for 25 reps is a PR on my db row. Might try it for 50 lbs next week.

I have no idea who the above person is :shutup:

1/29/13

Squat

85 x5

95 x5

115 x3

145 x5

165 x3

185 x 2 (prescribed 1)

i left some in the take on the last set. i wanted to try out a few things later that day and wanted the energy and strength.

leg press

3 sets of 1 plate on each side for 15 reps

i wanted to try these high rep instead of the usual 10. i also saved some for the prowler

abs

prowler

90 lbs 42-45 yards 5 times

the prowler is killing me. after each set my lungs burn and oddly my jaw really hurts. it especially didn't help after i did all the leg stuff, but im loving it.

next week is deload week, and you know what that means matt.... BODY BUILDING WEEK!!

Haha your jaw hurts? You might want to consider a mouthguard! I love deload week, in fact im always on deload by that definition haha.

1/31/13

Deload Military Press day

one armed db press

25 x10

35 x10

45 x8 (left arm really struggled to get there, but i did much better than what i thought on this)

db side raises

15 x10

20 x10

25 x6 20x5 15x5

30 total reps of a mixture between chins and wide grip pullups

bb shrugs

135x3x15

bent over lat raises

15x3x10

2/3/13

Deload Rackpull/deadlift/idontknowwhattocallthisday

I took it lighter than usual today since it technically is a deload week, even though im not really following a set thing with this weird day.

rack pulls

115 x5

135 x5

165 x3

185 x3 two times

back extensions

3 sets of 15 bodyweight

abs

prowler

6 pushes each push being 42-45 yards.

2/4/13

bench deload

this was kind of a spur of the moment lift, and it was a deload, so i didnt really count things that i did.

3 sets of chest press

3 sets of pecdec (actually really felt this in my chest)

4 sets of neutral grip pulldown

4 sets of face pulls with my mommy

2/4/13

bench deload

this was kind of a spur of the moment lift, and it was a deload, so i didnt really count things that i did.

3 sets of chest press

3 sets of pecdec (actually really felt this in my chest)

4 sets of neutral grip pulldown

4 sets of face pulls with my mommy

Haha, awesome.

2/6/13

Military Press

50 x5

65 x5

75 x3

85 x5

95 x5

110 x3 (prescribed 5)

db side raises

15x12x3

shrugs

135x20x3

db front raise

20x10x2

46 total wide grip pull ups

notes:

mlitary press: ive had issues with military press in the past, specifically the 5 rep week. there were no isseus with the lift, i just wasnt strong enough.

i was more efficient with time today. i did most of my pull ups between all my sets. i did 3 reps between pretty much all my sets (except for the set before my final military press, and i didnt feel it hampered my military press)

Even though you don't 'feel it' couldn't the use of your shoulders in those pullups HYPOTHETICALLY have had an effect on your performance?

Oh for sure Matt. I just didn't feel like it did. But yeah, it may have done it.

2/8/13

Rack pull

So usually the lowest setting on the rack is right at the midpoint of my knee. Today, I put a little box to stand on and that made it a few inchs below my knee. This was a much different exercise lol

95 x5

115 x5

135 x3

155 x3

185 x3

I could tell that even though it was like 3 inches, it was way more difficult.

DB row

30 x12

40 x12

50 x25

The above is a PR. I'm not sure if next week I'll go for 55 x25 or not. I'm also still trying to find out the best way to warm up while wanting to go for a big set at the end.

back extensions

bodyweight 15

2x15 with 25 lbs

abs, and more than usual

wrist curls

15x15x3

palms down wrist curl

10x12x2

Prowler

5 x 44ish yards each at 90 lbs

This is probably the last time I'll do the prowler before I squat next week. I do feel like my cardio is getting better though. Today is the first day I wasn't huffing and puffing after 5 sets. I could have done more if time permitted, and motivation permitted.

2/10/13

Bench

60 x5

75 x5

90 x3

100 x5

115 x5

130 x5 (prescribed 5)

used a yoga mat on the bench and it worked perfect. im trying to be more analytical on my lifts and see where my weak points are. the bar isn't as stable as i want it to be so im guessing thats a mixture of my lats and tri's being weak

incline db press

25x12

35x12

45x12

standing military press

bar x10

65x8x2

bar x15

after my poor performance in the military press a few lifts ago, i think ill start doing them for higher rep on bench day. i did this way back when and immediately my military press had no issues. but while doing this my delts were dead. i could barely lift it on those last reps.

db skullcrushers

10 x12

15x12x2

felt some serious tension where my tri meets with my elbow. not sure if that means its really weak or what, but there was some serious tension

chest flye machine

70x10x4

wanted to do an exercise that was chest only and didn't bring my shoulders and tris into it. plus i love this particular machine

34 wide grip pull ups throughout the day

• Like 1

I have to tell you the gym we go to is much nicer than this one in Poway. Marty says there is another that isn't too far away, so we will try that one on Tue. No prowler, no cardio ropes and everything is stuffed into a small area on one floor. Couldn't even do push ups today. There was a class in the yoga room and no room anywhere else. Did chest press instead. Didn't know what else to do.

2/12/13

Squat

85 x5

105 x5

120 x3

135 x5

155 x5 belt

170 x5 belt

one leg curls

25x15x3

ive been having issue with leg curls. my right leg is a bit stronger and it always hurt my knees. today i tried one legged and also low weight/high rep. it worked really well. no knee strain and i walk walking funny afterwards. may have found somehting that works.

standing calf raise machine

60x10x3

prowler push

180 lbs 2 pushes of 43ish yards

wanted to do one more set of the prowler but a guy came over and started asking me questions about it and stuff. this is the first time someone i didnt know stopped me to ask me something and i felt like MattM, so i had to stop and milk it.

Every time I look for new content on the GB, I see the title of this log and think to myself "Oh, how kind of someone to be donating their pink weights!"

That being said, good job on the log and keep grinding.

2/12/13

Squat

85 x5

105 x5

120 x3

135 x5

155 x5 belt

170 x5 belt

one leg curls

25x15x3

ive been having issue with leg curls. my right leg is a bit stronger and it always hurt my knees. today i tried one legged and also low weight/high rep. it worked really well. no knee strain and i walk walking funny afterwards. may have found somehting that works.

standing calf raise machine

60x10x3

prowler push

180 lbs 2 pushes of 43ish yards

wanted to do one more set of the prowler but a guy came over and started asking me questions about it and stuff. this is the first time someone i didnt know stopped me to ask me something and i felt like MattM, so i had to stop and milk it.

Haha nice! Im glad you milked it, youre no cherry at weight training know-how and there are tons of people who could gain alot from what you have to say! Recently Ive began to question wendlers suggestion on higher rep hamstring work since it has been suggested that ranges of 5-8 reps are ideal for the muscle fiber distribution in that area (charles poliquin)... But hell if it got you walking funny then it's got to be good stuff!!!

• Like 1

I didn't do it based on anyones advice really. When I use higher weight, it just hurts everything else. My knee will hurt and my back will hurt. I'll put so much into it that everything will hurt in a bad way. When I used the lower weight I was able to concentrate and focus on only moving the weight with my hamstring and glutes and not turning it into a full body exercise. But this worked for the time being. I've been feeling it in my ass all day, especially the weak side lol. Hopefully eventaully my back will start feeling better when it comes to bending over so I can deadlift and do things like good mornings.

And thanks for the compliment ;)

Edited by dpc

2/14/2013

I did shoulders.

Military Press

50 x5

65 x5

75 x3

90 x3

100 x3

115 x3 (prescribed 3)

side raises

15x12x3

db front raise

20x10x3

upright row (first time doing these)

30 x12

40x10x2

30 total pull ups (none in during military press ;) )

abs