Grip Strength Radio

Jedd Johnson

I need to figure out how to get the iTunes to create an account, but when I do, I'll get some comments up.

• 2 weeks later...

Jedd and I recorded an interview with Chad Woodall for Episode 20 this past Thursday. We are currently in post production and expect to have the episode uploaded by 1 October.

Thanks to each of you for your support.

• Like 3

Jedd and I recorded an interview with Chad Woodall for Episode 20 this past Thursday. We are currently in post production and expect to have the episode uploaded by 1 October.

Thanks to each of you for your support.

Big Chad - I miss him at the Grip Contests - one big strong man. Mighty hard to beat!

Episode 20 is uploading to gripstrengthradio.com right now. iTunes should be delivering it to subscribers soon. I know Jedd and I both very much enjoyed visiting with Chad. We hope you enjoy listening to us!

Insert plugs for Facebook page, reviews on iTunes, and sharing the podcast with friends.

Very good episode! Keep up the good work Sean and Jedd!

Always good listening to Chad. Going through all the stories and remembering the great times we've all had together around the country.

I just listened to the episode. I wanted to share more about Cleve's matches with Chad's dad Steve Woodall.These is what Cleve said a few years ago about his toughest match ever:

"Originally Steve Woodall from Atlanta gave me the toughest matches that I ever had. Steve and I armwrestled at one tournament for 30 minutes in one match. At that time if you slipped grips then you just restarted. On that day Steve Woodall defeated me the last time that he would ever do so. There was blood running down both of our arms because both of us had severly calloused hands back then and we were sweating so bad and gripping each other so hard that the sweat started softening the skin and we were literally tearing the skin off of each others's hands."

These matches happened at the Georgia State Armwrestling Championship in December 1977. Over the next few years, Cleve travelled extensively to all the big tournaments across the country. He wasn't beaten by anyone again until 1980, and was recognized as the dominant armwrestler in the world until the mid-80s.

• Like 2

Awesome time talking to Chad. Maker sure you check this out, guys.

Excellent episode!!! I'm going to be listening to this one a few more times this week!

• Like 1

Excellent episode!!! I'm going to be listening to this one a few more times this week!

Agreed! I'm going to give it another listen tomorrow.

So far i'm really liking the episode! I'd listen to it a few times too but I have yet to find time to finish this one. Lol. I snuck in time this morning and a little more this evening. When the kiddo goes to school tomorrow i'll finish it.

Keep em coming!

Thanks, Dan! I can't emphasize enough how much ratings on iTunes, "likes" on Facebook, and comments on the website help us.

i love the podcast. i think it keeps me from getting speeding tickets because i want my commute to be a bit longer to continue listening. i have heard this before from other podcasters. i am curious how ratings and comments help you guys?

I was seriously haunted in my dreams by the Inch DB due to this podcast.

• Like 1

Thanks, Dan! I can't emphasize enough how much ratings on iTunes, "likes" on Facebook, and comments on the website help us.

i love the podcast. i think it keeps me from getting speeding tickets because i want my commute to be a bit longer to continue listening. i have heard this before from other podcasters. i am curious how ratings and comments help you guys?

There is a lot to it. As far as iTunes is concerned, I will leave that to Doc because I have very little experience with that.

But sharing and social websites, especially Facebook likes and shares, are very important because it helps put the site in front of more people. By getting the site in front of more people, we are able to get the sport in front of more people.

Also, Google is rumored to take into consideration the "social reputation" of a website into its factoring when deciding which sites to present first in its search engine results. This too helps out the site a great deal.

Plus, what bar or coffee shop do you want to go into? The one where its so quiet you can hear crickets or the one that is packed with men and women laughing and having a good time, buying one another drinks, and swapping old stories. Most people will choose the one that is hopping because it seems like a better time. When a show/podcast has a lot of feedback like that, the same thing happens. People see something for the first time and see it has all these good ratings and they think, wow I should check that out.

The same thing will help out websites and blogs as well. I am always very thankful when I see that someone has Liked one of my posts at DieselCrew.com or shared it amongst their friends. It helps much more than most people realize.

Hopefully this make sense. Thanks.

Jedd

Just listened to the Chad episode. Great stuff. Keep it coming guys.

I had a great time talking with Jedd and Doc! I appreciate them having me on and we had a ton of laughs talking about old times :grin: Glad you all are enjoying the interview...thanks, Chad

I really enjoyed listening to you guys! Reminds me of some great time of grip brotherhood :rock

Listened to all the new episodes, really like it.

GSR seriously revived my intrest in grip!

GSR and the introduction of the elite totals all weight classes made me pick up grip again.

Have been re-listening to a few of them today. Episode 18 has me thinking I need to experiment more with my Euro pinch width - I dropped 191 3x at the IPP - should have tried a wider setting after the first 2 drops.

Have been re-listening to a few of them today. Episode 18 has me thinking I need to experiment more with my Euro pinch width - I dropped 191 3x at the IPP - should have tried a wider setting after the first 2 drops.

Special Note: Once you make an official attempt on the Euro, you are not supposed to change to another width. At least this is my understanding.

The width changes we were referring to were under training cicumstances only.

Just want to clarify is all.

Thanks,

Jedd