Hard 2, or easy 1?

AP

Wth my right hand i can close and grind the #1 for about 24 times and i can just barely close(not grind) the number 2. I have seen more than one post about people closing the #1 about 10 times and then almost hitting the #2 or about people repping the 2 when they can close the #1 about 20 + times. my handles are (1 & 2) both about 7.6mm apart so i am thinking the difficulty is how deep the spring is placed in the handle. is there a way to measure this?

plus, how many reps can everyone do (for those that rep) for the #1 - #2 or the 2-3ect.

Guest AghastGrip

I haven't repped out in awhile, but I can do between 12-15 reps with the #1, and I'm able to close the #2. I can't rep the #2, but I'm working on it! :)

I think you have a hard #2. I close mine for 7 reps and I shut the #1 over 40 reps. I closed the #2 when I was over 25 reps on the #1 so you should be very close. I started working on the #3 a month ago and I still can't believe how strong is this gripper. I'm down to 3/4 of an inch and kind of stuck. I think it's time for the Master.

My opinion is that reps have not much to do with maximum power: I'm pretty sure I can't rep the #1 for 40 reps, but I've closed the #3. (then again maybe I have an easy #3 :))Actually I've never tried repping a gripper to the max, appart from one time with the #2 when I did 5 reps and decided to order the #3. So maybe you have a hard #2, but it's very hard to tell from the number of reps you do

train hard

david

(Edited by the swiss at 1:42 am on May 30, 2001)

(Edited by the swiss at 1:42 am on May 30, 2001)

I was never interested in repping the grippers, and even today, I don't understand the fascination in repping the grippers (be it the Trainer, #1, #2, etc.).  What you should be doing is GRIP STRENGTH training!  Reps impress other people, but you want to increase your grip strength - repping is NOT the answer.

Tou - if you're stuck on trying to close the #3.... I strongly suggest a BB Master!  It does help to close that gap.  Hey, can ya send me your #3?  I'd like to give it a try, I'll tell ya what I think - and I'll send it back to ya.  Call my hotline if this idea interests you.....

I don't do high reps on the grippers in 95% of my workouts. I just do this sometimes... for fun. Right now, I'm concentrating on strap holds with #2 and pinch grip. I try to hold 2 35 plates for over 10 seconds. Last workout, skin of my thumb peeled. Ouch !

I don't think anyone uses reps as the only way to increase strength on the grippers but if you can only do five reps on a gripper- doesn't it still feel like a bear? I can squat 405 for five reps too but i don't feel ready to put 495 on the bar. Strapholds and timed holds just seem so much more subjective than good ol' reps. I think i'll order the advanced so i'll have somethin to do lower reps on and the master to do heavier negatives... did i say 405? if some of you guys's legs are near as strong as your grip, 405 is probably nothing....

Well, with a little FTP magic, this thread is back although the subject is messed up.