Came to within a 1/2" of closing the #3!

Guest Claemore70

Guest Claemore70

I've been working specifically towards closing it, and think I may have it within the month.  Which leads me to this question:  does anybody know if there is somebody in the Colorado, Wyoming, Utah area that could possibly certify me when I get to that point?  I'm going to the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy at the end of the month, possible that one of the instructors could certify me?  Or would I have to ask Ironmind?  Thanks for any replies in advance.

How long have you been using the grippers?  Unless you just picked up the 3 for the first time, I suspect it will take longer than a month.

Guest StrongerthanArne

I bought my first grippers late in May this year (a #1 and #2). A month later (late June) a bought a #3. By the end of July I was about 4 mm from closing it. A month later, I am still about 4 mm from closing it. In between I have been as close as one mm from getting it shut but have gone backwards since. So, don't be dissappointed if it takes a bit longer to close it.

1/2 '' remaining is still a very long way to go . Remember

that each fraction of an inch gained , is a lot harder than the preceding fraction of an inch . There are many on this this board fighting to close the last 1/4'' or 1/8 ''. To get an idea of what it is like to hold the #3 in the closed position , cheat close it against your thigh and try to hold it closed .

Guest kINGPIN

Unless you are a beginner, progress is never linear.  But good luck with the #3.  We may soon have another CoC on this board.  As said byu Wannagrip before, this truly is the place on the web for grip.

Contact IronMind at 530-265-6725, and ask them if anyone in your area can certify you.  They will then send you the info. by e-mail, you then contact them (usually a gym or something along those lines), then go there and do it.

Good Luck on the #3!  :)

Guest Claemore70

Thanks, Syber.  I appreciate it.  Though it's not the first time I've messed with it, I do have confidence that it will be mine before too long.  Maybe not a month, but at the most two months.