Hand Grippers & Arthritis?

Shooter77B50

What do you all think about hand grippers and arthritis?

I'm being told that hand grippers can cause arthritis but in my opinion if their used right that won't happen.

Grippers can cause muscular imbalance between flexors and extensors, causing pain and joint degradation. If one never does and extension work.

Grippers also seem to beat my hands up the worst out of everything else that I've ever done.

Grippers can cause muscular imbalance between flexors and extensors, causing pain and joint degradation. If one never does and extension work.

Grippers also seem to beat my hands up the worst out of everything else that I've ever done.

So just make sure to work the extensors and don't go wild with them and you should be fine

Grippers don’t cause arthritis. Ask any person with arthritis if they used grippers. Answer will be no.

Grippers don’t cause arthritis. Ask any person with arthritis if they used grippers. Answer will be no.

As far as I can tell, my arthritis is exacerbated by grippers. But grippers do not seem to have caused the arthritis.

interesting thing is osteoarthritis (which i would assume the OP was asking about) is usually thought of as a result of wear and tear. this type of arthritis many times occurs in the hands before other joints. very often it happens to people who have done very little work with their hands throughout their life. some doctors and researchers are speculating that wear and tear is not the underlying cause to osteoarthritis. in the end, grippers probably do not cause osteoarthritis.