Tuf-foot To Toughen Up The Hands?

yummy

Guest Squat More

So what is the verdict on this stuff? Would it be a good idea to use on the webbing of the thumb to toughen it up for plate, euro etc pinching for people with tear issues?

So what is the verdict on this stuff? Would it be a good idea to use on the webbing of the thumb to toughen it up for plate, euro etc pinching for people with tear issues?

I think it would work Jon. Plus, it smells pretty.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Guest Squat More

Cool, because my webbing wants to tear even when lifting my blob due to my short ass thumbs and the span of the thing. I am such an idiot, having my favorite things in grip being pinch and thickbar with short thumbs and short fingers. Wish I could have just been obsessed with MMSing grippers, but noooooo I have to like the stuff that my genetics works against.

Oh well.

• Like 2

I have the same problem with my blobbing. I figure I will develop some callus. Tuf Foot definitely helps them build up quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using tuf foot for 3 days and I can already tell a difference!

Anyone else notice the skin dies absorb things as well?

Like water beads up on my palms like a waxed car, and water beads up.

I also noticed my hands would not hold chalk the same this shit is a must

!

For grip, and especially pinch work you do not want tough/hard skin, you want flexible skin.

agreed and also bending, This is good stuff.

I think David meant the opposite, that this stuff sounds bad for max pinch lift numbers. Extremely soft baby skin is ideal for a max pinch result. The tricky bit is how to do volume training without 'toughening' the skin.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

I think David meant the opposite, that this stuff sounds bad for max pinch lift numbers. Extremely soft baby skin is ideal for a max pinch result. The tricky bit is how to do volume training without 'toughening' the skin.

Yea I get it, I'm just saying its good for bending I don't even do max pinch.

Which part of the hands should be soft for pinching? Wouldn't it be good if the base of the thumb joint/thumb webbing was callus to prevent tearing for pinch?

Edited by Tom Scibelli
  • Like 1

Which part of the hands should be soft for pinching? Wouldn't it be good if the base of the thumb joint/thumb webbing was callus to prevent tearing for pinching

The whole palm side including fingers. A callus can be slick and/or have an edge which can get caught and rip ; setting you back to heal and making certain grip exercises uncomfortable. Flexible soft skin grabs and conforms better giving you more bite. Kinda like bald tires versus fresh tread.

Which part of the hands should be soft for pinching? Wouldn't it be good if the base of the thumb joint/thumb webbing was callus to prevent tearing for pinching

The whole palm side including fingers. A callus can be slick and/or have an edge which can get caught and rip ; setting you back to heal and making certain grip exercises uncomfortable. Flexible soft skin grabs and conforms better giving you more bite. Kinda like bald tires versus fresh tread.

It's no doubt that pinching plates and the euro will cause skin loss at least til you shave the edges of your plates and/or find the right width on your europinch. I got tired of losing skin so I pinch 2mm smaller now. The width you lose on the webbing will be gained on the thumb and finger areas instead. Tearing on the euro is a good indicator you might be going a little too wide in my opinion. I bled for several workouts before I tried going more narrow. If it's plates your tearing yourself on then just grind the edges down with a file or grinder. I've never tried tuf foot, but maybe it could help some.