Pulling John Arm Wrestling Documentary-great Watch-

yummy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=479ktMtA&feature=player_embedded

Stumbled across this interesting documentary on YouTube.

Pulling John. An Arm Wrestling Documentary.

It follows two contenders to the championship title, Travis Bagent and Alexey Voyevoda, on their way to beat arm wrestling legend John Brzenk.

It has some pretty crazy training footage.

The forces these guys bones and tendons have to withstand are just mind boggling . No wonder why this is a common injury.

Check out the Static Holds

Alexey-Voyevoda-Static-Holds.jpg

Or how Alexey bangs out partial open grip one arm chin ups.

Alexey-Voyevoda-Partial-One-Arm-Chin-Ups.jpg

Got that movie. I've made a few non-AW friends sit down and watch it with me but they all seem to think it's a really good documentary in general.

Just so you know, Russians are notorious for making fake "intimidation" videos for their athletes. Alexey was probably not actually pulling against three guys with ropes.

They got me too with that.

I was surprised today when I tried pulling Jarrod with 2 arms and we were about even.

There is no way that Alexey could actually hold off 3 guys' bodyweight with one arm.

Although he is impressive, being able to static hold one of his guys in a curl.

Just so you know, Russians are notorious for making fake "intimidation" videos for their athletes. Alexey was probably not actually pulling against three guys with ropes.

Ahh that makes sense I mean what he was doing looks pretty inhuman lol. I know arm wrestlers are ridiculously strong but there is only so much tendon/bone can take in that position.

Very cool documentary, just watched the whole thing despite not being particularly into arm wrestling. I had never heard of John Brzenk I had no idea there was someone so dominant.

They got me too with that.

I was surprised today when I tried pulling Jarrod with 2 arms and we were about even.

There is no way that Alexey could actually hold off 3 guys' bodyweight with one arm.

Although he is impressive, being able to static hold one of his guys in a curl.

I take this back. Jarrod can destroy me with 2 arms from almost any position.

I still do doubt that Alexey could hold three guys though.

Jarrod who?

My comments were toward David (thewalrus) because he used to train me in AW with Jarrod Leuvett.

Are you new to the area or arm wrestling ? Because I've been training with Jarrod off and on for over four years and never met you.

Just curious

Are you new to the area or arm wrestling ? Because I've been training with Jarrod off and on for over four years and never met you.

Just curious

I've only been AW since last november or so. I just moved to Austin too, so I guess both of those are correct.

The movie is also on Netflix.

Can someone clarify if the Youtube link is to a pirated version? Just want to make sure we're not participating in that.

I wasn't sure if Scott was pointing out that you'd normally have to pay to see this.

Cool.I'll be there in the next few weeks. Hopefully its still on Sunday.

This saturday at 2, there'll be a bunch of people at practice from the houston or dallas area.

Usually it's still on Sunday, but it does change time to time.

This saturday at 2, there'll be a bunch of people at practice from the houston or dallas area.

I'll be there.

I'll be there.

Great man, be looking forward to seeing you again. Jarrod is always wondering when you'll be coming.

Voevoda making a comeback?

Voevoda making a comeback?

Wow nice find

He just won the world championships in two-man bobsleigh last year so be surprising to leave a sport he is #1 in right now that is more mainstream.

Though it would be really cool he is one of the most gifted athletes ever in arm wrestling in my opinion.