T14 @ 2400#s & 0.566" Spring

macaz

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology...

• Like 1

You probably ought to calibrate those.

You want me to kill my self?

At least y'all are married. Dating with a grip addiction is rough. Last night after a sushi dinner with a date we drove to grocery stores so I could take stacks of phone books to have all the same 30 for my upcoming comp. She was the getaway driver. Fun times.

haha. My girl hates it also. I just try not to talk about it around other people because no one understands why I like it.

You guys crack me up. The Grip secret by Chez :laugh Only to be understood by true grip addicts :rock

So here is a question: What industrial use do torsion springs that big have besides being put in grippers for wall displays? They must use them for something if they are available?

So here is a question: What industrial use do torsion springs that big have besides being put in grippers for wall displays? They must use them for something if they are available?

It is so heavy that you can probably use it for curls :upsidedwn

• Like 2

LOL

• Like 1

You just need the proper calibrator. This one should do the trick.

If not, there's always the one which took out the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101. :grin:

• Like 1

I still never was able to cal my T12. I may re try it some day. The thought makes me very nervous. I will probably get stronger webbing before I try. So many things can go wrong. :huh:

Haha amazing !!

The T11 still looks like something you might be able to train with but things seem to degenerate quicker than a retired politician from T12 onward...

I took my t-11 and t-12 to Pauls house the other weekend. Justin Strausner and Paul chest crush the t-11 easy but the t-12. . . heck no. I met a guy who came really close with the t-12 chest crush, a big somadabidge.

Edited by cemery
  • Like 1

I took my t-11 and t-12 to Pauls house the other weekend. Justin Strausner and Paul chest crush the t-11 easy but the t-12. . . heck no. I met a guy who came really close with the t-12 chest crush, a big somadabidge.

Are you kidding us?

I had 700 pounds hanging off my T12 and it had an inch more to close. I ran out of weight and started to press some of my body weight and it still was not closed.

How close to closed did the biggin get the T12? :huh:

Imagine what these guys could do to somebody's head if they had to. Somebody would have migraines for weeks.

I don't doubt it. Paul and J.T. are monsters.

Paul and JT are monster but they didn't come close to the t-12. The kid I'm talking about was Alex Graves cousin, his name slips my mind right now. 18 to 20 yrs old and built like a craphouse. Came within 1 mm, I mean CLOSE. Next time he comes over I'll have to video some chest crushes. I would have then, but I figured I could just video Paul do it.

Guys , I never doubted the T11 claims. Mine is 375ish and I know Paul & JT can crush that.

I was surprised at the T 12 claim. That is the one that I cant come close to calibrating! This young guy must have looked like a vending machine with legs to be able to bring the T12 down to a few mm.

Its not that I don’t believe your word Cemery, I do, its just so damn incredible.

Guys , I never doubted the T11 claims. Mine is 375ish and I know Paul & JT can crush that.

I was surprised at the T 12 claim. That is the one that I cant come close to calibrating! This young guy must have looked like a vending machine with legs to be able to bring the T12 down to a few mm.

Its not that I don’t believe your word Cemery, I do, its just so damn incredible.

Ditto: incredible! I'd love too see a vid of that !

Congrats to that kid.

• Like 1

At least y'all are married. Dating with a grip addiction is rough. Last night after a sushi dinner with a date we drove to grocery stores so I could take stacks of phone books to have all the same 30 for my upcoming comp. She was the getaway driver. Fun times.

haha. My girl hates it also. I just try not to talk about it around other people because no one understands why I like it.

I'm so lucky... every time I close a goal gripper and tell my girlfriend, she gets excited and tells me that I am the strongest man in the universe. LOL

• Like 2

Me too. She lets me keep my 30-something grippers in the living room and knows what CCS, TNS, and MMS means.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is going to compete at the next contest!

I was at Warren's today and there were two CRAZY springs on his desk.

One was for the T14 I think. It was .500 wire.

The other one was even bigger and only had a single turn! I think Warren said it was .625"?

Rich, he had a couple pictures right there of your collection.

• Like 1

My wife is going to compete at the next contest!

The other one was even bigger and only had a single turn! I think Warren said it was .625"?

Rich, he had a couple pictures right there of your collection.

I'm not worthy!

I have to call him about the larger spring gripper. I need a T15 because the T14 is getting monotonous closing it for 100s of reps.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

I got contacted today about one of these. I'm trying to get more information. The customer said they have a Tetting gripper with T14 on one handle and 1500 on the other. Which is interesting because it sounds like Rich had a T14 that was stamped 2400. I am not sure if this T14 has a 0.500" spring or a 0.625" spring like Hercules. I will update with anything I find out. I also hope to get pics and, honestly, will try to acquire the gripper. 

• Like 1

There are lots of threads like this that make it confusing to track all the variations. 

• Like 1