Misc. Mayhem

bwwm

DB OHP: 83# 7 x 7

2HP: 119# x 10; 179# 5 x 4

Today:

Swiss bar OHP: 175# 5 x 5

Grippers: worked up to 5 x 7 on my BB SM Adjustable.

DL: 430# 2 x 5

KBSwings: 62#; 36:36; 18 reps/int; 17 intervals

Today:

PU: 5, 14, 11, 10, 9

Did some negatives with the Inch DB & gracie DB after the Inch

Did some 2 hand blob holds for time 3 x 40sec

Ab wheel work

• Like 1

Today:

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

Squat: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 2 x 5

I may have missed it but are you buggered to squat much? The only reason I'm asking is squat really responds to good squat volume and you'd see really good progression I'd think if you upped it substantially. If you're not hurt that is.

My hips get jacked up, unless I back off the weight a lot. I tried to do partials with #315 a little over a month back, and my left hip completely locked up for a whole weekend. I do try to fit in an extra day of squatting with 40 or 50 reps, now and then, but I don't always report it here. I have noticed with all the kb swings lately, that my hips are feeling better - so I think you're right if I got some more volume in, I might see better gains.

• Like 1

Today:

KBSwings: 62#; 36:36; 18 r/i; 12 intervals

DBWork: 40# 3 x 10; bis/tris/press

• Like 1

Today:

Swiss Bar OHP: 185# 5 x 3 < new weight. I think my cleans are going to be my limiting factor on this lift.

Grippers: crappy work - only got my #3 for a couple sets of 3-5. My hands are a bit sore from KBSwings. Particular the palm/finger knuckle joint.

Dynamic Bench: 135# & grey bands: 3 sets of 3 grips x 3 reps < weight light on the bar, since I haven't done these in a while

2" DB Holds (sec): 160# did 6 sets of ~8-10 sec each hand

50# Blob: got some good lifts, and a few holds for time. Left hand is getting good at around 5-6 sec per lift

2 Hand 50# Blob Holds (sec): 50, 50, 40 < really like this new exercise. Seems to give my blob lifts staying power. Did I mention they burn like a biotch?

• Like 1

Today:

KBRows: 153# 5 x 5

DB work: 40# 3 x 10 bis/tris/press

Today (so far):

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 5, 5, 5, 5, 4 < probably could have got the last 5, but without a spotter I don't take a rep unless I'm 100% sure.

Squat: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285 # 4 x 5

Today (so far):

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 5, 5, 5, 5, 4 < probably could have got the last 5, but without a spotter I don't take a rep unless I'm 100% sure.

Squat: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285 # 4 x 5

Strong benching Martin!

Thanks Jason! and my squats are almost keeping up with my bench :sorcerer:

Thanks Jason! and my squats are almost keeping up with my bench :sorcerer:

They'll come back quick.

Today:

Pull Ups: 5, 15, 13, 11, 10 < not too shabby at ~265# bodyweight

Shrugs: 225# 4 x 10 < getting back into these, don't know why they fell out of the rotation

• 2 weeks later...

Liver seems to be recovering from the debauchery known as my brother's wedding. Going to have to lay off the sauce for a month or two. Video of bench & squat form is still percolating into youtube, so maybe I will post those tomorrow.

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 5 x 5 < I was very surprised to hit this today, but I have been doing a lot of pushups in my travels to try to keep in shape, so maybe that did the trick.

Squat: 135# 2 x 10; 225# x 5; 285# 3 x 3 < haven't squatted squat in 2 weeks, so...

DB Work: 40# x 10; 55# 2 x 5; tri's / bi's / press < going to up the volume on these going forward.

• Like 1

[\media]

[\media] Edited by bwwm
  • Like 2

Terday:

DB OHP: 83# 8 x 7 both sides

2HP: 119# x 10; 179# 5 x 3

Terday:

DB OHP: 83# 8 x 7 both sides

2HP: 119# x 10; 179# 5 x 3

pinch is movin up got any video?

I don't, but I will film some next week. I haven't bothered to make standards, so I just pull as close as I can to lock out.

I don't, but I will film some next week. I haven't bothered to make standards, so I just pull as close as I can to lock out.

if you put your pins on the bottom of your squat rack and use one of those fiberglass rods the snow plow guys use in parking lots,that's kind of a redneck version

if you put your pins on the bottom of your squat rack and use one of those fiberglass rods the snow plow guys use in parking lots,that's kind of a redneck version

I don't think there is any chance of us finding any of those snow ploy rods here in AZ.

I don't think there is any chance of us finding any of those snow ploy rods here in AZ.

Sand plow?

• Like 1

Sand plow?

More likely a sand rail. Those you will find!

• Like 2

Sand plow?

More likely a sand rail. Those you will find!

lol yea I guess your right, well check home depot, its like a long fiberglass rod and a reflector could go on it, also a broom handle could work

I thought sand rails were the coolest looking things when I was a kid.

• Like 2