Larratt/bresnan Supermatch

demarcoa

This just in yesterday:

Pretty crazy, looks like Tim might've had Devon beat if not for his fouls....

Apparently Larratt was underweight but feeling strong, he still did look pretty strong and enduring here but couldn't fight Tim in a toproll. Interesting, especially seeing how strong Liliev's been looking lately.

In my opinion, Tim was the better armwrestler. I don't care if puller A can beat puller B after some arbitrary number of matches. I'm not a fan of super matches. Eventually "endurance" armwrestlers will be asking for best out of 13 or something ridiculous just so they can wait for the other guy to run out of stamina. That doesn't make them better armwrestlers if you ask me.

• Like 1

Best of 3 or maybe 5 or 6 seems like a good mark to me (I'm not a real armwrestler, though, so what the hell do I know). But best of 7 is getting to be a bit much ain't it? And Devon winning this one after only 2 real pins--especially after being kicked around like 4 matches in a row--seems pretty lame to me.

That first match Larratt won was awesome, though. I wonder how he would've done if he'd shot for that hook from the get-go.

I don't know anything about armwrestling, but Tim's forearms look like bowling pins in some of the shots. Amazing.

• Like 1

Whatever format you like or not both agreed on that format (whoever gets 4 wins first is the winner) so there are no excuses when it comes to the absolute winner. And a win on fouls is still a win. the pads where even bigger then normal and they were having the running foul system like in arm wars.

but Tim Bresnan is for sure a Beast and obviously is in shape to beat just anybody in the world... Great matches a much respect to both competitor for giving us so much to discuss ;-)

The matches were allowed to start in semi hook position, that would favor Devong style. But Tim still owned them big time but run out of gas near the end. Every time Tim hit Devon couldn't resist it. 7 matches weres silly to say the least. Best out of 5 is better IMO. If after 5 matches you still lose, that should be it! It's like when you shoot pool against someone for best out of 3, he lost then challenge you for best out 5 (double or nothing bet) Then he lost again. Now he wants best of out of 7. It'd happened to me already.

• Like 1

Tim looked good...or Devon looked really bad--either way Tim Bresnan just let everyone know he's a force to be reckoned with. I'm anxious for him and Eric Guiven to lock up...Eric's got his number I think

Tim looked good...or Devon looked really bad--either way Tim Bresnan just let everyone know he's a force to be reckoned with. I'm anxious for him and Eric Guiven to lock up...Eric's got his number I think

Has Eric ever beaten Tim? Has it happened in the past five years because I do not recall hearing about it?

Devon has said his strength is fine before the matches. Tim was just a stornger but less endurance that day. But if had it been 5 matches Tim would have won. 7 matches is just silly and illogical to me. Do you ever seen 100m sprinter race 7 times to be the fast man? maybe 3 times counting all the heats. But heats is needed because the number of contestants exceeds the tracks available