Chasing The 14" Forearm

mightyjoe

Thanks for that Joe. I appreciate you taking the time to upload and explain your routine. im using a similar routine to pump my forearms out.

Hammer Curls

Reverse Curls

High reps on a plate loaded gripper

Underhand Wrist Curls using Fat Gripz to take the strain off the wrist.

for the most part i will do high reps for forearms, up as high as 30 sometimes. but i prefer moderate reps for the hammers and reverse curls (anything from 8 -15)

Excellent presentation on some really good movements-14" forearms won't be a problem for based on the potential of this sound looking program!

Do you think high rep grip work would help with forearm growth as well? Such as a really light gripper done for a pump daily? I tried out that dumbbell exercise you were doing today and it worked really well. I really didn't think it would work since doesn't look like much on video but it really got a lot of blood into my forearms. Hope your getting good rest and food I find even when I'm working hard as I can when I have a lot of stress in my life and am not eating well or sleeping well I don't make the best gains.

Do you think high rep grip work would help with forearm growth as well? Such as a really light gripper done for a pump daily? I tried out that dumbbell exercise you were doing today and it worked really well. I really didn't think it would work since doesn't look like much on video but it really got a lot of blood into my forearms. Hope your getting good rest and food I find even when I'm working hard as I can when I have a lot of stress in my life and am not eating well or sleeping well I don't make the best gains.

This is high rep work Yummy.

I mentioned in my video about gauging my workout on how I feel based on sleep, etc.

I eat fairly clean anyway. I take whey protein daily. Stay well hydrated and try to get at least

8 hours of sleep daily.

Keep in mind this routine was designed around my goals based on numerous factors such

as my age, past injury history, joint issues, etc...

This is not a template for others to follow exactly but an outline of what I do for me specifically.

You can always use this as a guide for your own training but with modifications to meet your

specific needs and goals.

Make sense?

• Like 1

Just finished up 5 rounds with the SideWinder Wrist Roller hand over hand. Thumbs up and thumbs down.

Finished with blood gushing "muscle cramping" as described in my videos.

Stay tuned!!!

I added the use of my OrbiGrip as a "final burner" on my forearm routine!

Alex buying one reminded me of just how good these tools are!

Thanks Alex!!!

I added the use of my OrbiGrip as a "final burner" on my forearm routine!

Alex buying one reminded me of just how good these tools are!

Thanks Alex!!!

haha no problem Joe! You've got so much training equipment you probably forgot you owned one! :)

Very interesting reading about your forearm training Joe!

By the way, when are you going to introduce the Thumb Blaster to the world? I've been training with mine a few times a week and enjoying the pump. Not going for any type of real strength gain - although I think that will be the end result even though it's not the focus for me right now. I'm using mine more as a rehab type piece of equipment to get some blood into my right forearm - and of course I'm working the left hand to balance things out.

Here's an updated pic of my forearm measurement (not quite 13-1/4") prior to my training session today:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10622

Here's a pic after my training session:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10623

Note: When I took the measurement I was trying to beat the timer on my camera as I

hurried to get the tape in place. It's not quite as straight as I would have liked it.

funny thing, my forearms are over 14 (little over) and biceps are 17(little over) and I am only 5 feet 6 inches tall. i never trained my foreams. they are not as strong as they look. but, I will tell you I have built them just by doing regular barbell curls, seems like they also strengthened my wrist alot, because i was pretty good at arm wrestling.

sometimes just not training them directly works.

personally i would rather have smaller forearms to make my biceps look bigger. and smaller forearms but strong grip and wrists. if that makes since.

funny thing, my forearms are over 14 (little over) and biceps are 17(little over) and I am only 5 feet 6 inches tall. i never trained my foreams. they are not as strong as they look. but, I will tell you I have built them just by doing regular barbell curls, seems like they also strengthened my wrist alot, because i was pretty good at arm wrestling.

sometimes just not training them directly works.

personally i would rather have smaller forearms to make my biceps look bigger. and smaller forearms but strong grip and wrists. if that makes since.

Yeah I have noticed forearms and calves have a strong genetic componenet to how big they are naturally. I train my forearms all the time and still struggle to get growth because they are naturally extremly long compared to the rest of my arm.

Also mighty joe the forearms look great I find lean looking forearms look better then bigger ones holding more bodyfat. Those veins are really popping out in that pumped pic.

They look nice, regardless of measurement.

Thanks Arturo!

BTW, I haven't forgot about you buddy!

Added some pronation and supination movements with a strap in my routine today.

Kept it relatively light at the higher rep range.

Tomorrow instead of pronation/supination, I'll throw in some ulnar/radial deviation with

the SideWinder.

Forearms really BLEW UP today! Geez!

After each session I've been using a tennis ball to roll out knots (trigger points) in certain areas

of my forearms. Specially extensor side. I do this by placing the ball against a wall and pressing

it against my forearm with my bodyweight and then with short strokes of 3-4" I try and flatten out

the knot. Makes a huge difference next day!

Try it!!!

• Like 1

Here's an updated pic of my forearm measurement (not quite 13-1/4") prior to my training session today:

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10622

Here's a pic after my training session:

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10623

Note: When I took the measurement I was trying to beat the timer on my camera as I

hurried to get the tape in place. It's not quite as straight as I would have liked it.

Great log and your forearms are looking solid. Keep doing it strong over there Joe :mosher

Thanks Big T!

Last night I switched the order in which I performed the exercises. What I usually do first

I did last and so forth. I've never really understood the "confusion principle" but it did seem

to create a significantly better pump by changing the order up.

Thanks Big T!

Last night I switched the order in which I performed the exercises. What I usually do first

I did last and so forth. I've never really understood the "confusion principle" but it did seem

to create a significantly better pump by changing the order up.

I understand "confusion" quite well :)

Added a new exercise to my routine that really blows up the brachioradialis (top part of forearm).

It's reverse curls on a Ez-curl bar and at the top part of the movement (concentric) I perform wrist extensions

and then lower (eccentric) the bar for another rep.

5 x 20 @ 40 lbs. = KILLER!!!

After each session I've been using a tennis ball to roll out knots (trigger points) in certain areas

of my forearms. Specially extensor side. I do this by placing the ball against a wall and pressing

it against my forearm with my bodyweight and then with short strokes of 3-4" I try and flatten out

Joe, thanks so much for this tip! I've had some muscle/tendon issue close to elbow on the extensor side and tried to massage with fingers. Tried the tennis ball today and it is hitting the sore spots much, much better!

Joe, thanks so much for this tip! I've had some muscle/tendon issue close to elbow on the extensor side and tried to massage with fingers. Tried the tennis ball today and it is hitting the sore spots much, much better!

tja, thanks for the feedback!

I've been doing the tennis ball therapy for about 6 months now and I swear by it!

Being consistent till there's no pain or discomfort is the key.

Added a new twist to the exercise I'm doing on reverse wrist curls with wrist extensions at the top of each movement.

I now alternate wrist extensions with wrist flexion every other rep for sets of 20.

I do these every day even if with a empty bar till failure.

Joe if you got time to highlight all those words, you can certainly use that time to post your training, we want know what your doing.

• Like 1

Joe if you got time to highlight all those words, you can certainly use that time to post your training, we want know what your doing.

Parris, you must not have read the full thread here.

I went to the trouble to do a 2 part video on what I'm doing. Very detailed indeed!

Watch the video and you'll know what I'm doing. ;)

I highlight words to emphasis on an important point.

I'll determine how to manage my time. I thought the video demonstration was a good idea myself.

Specially when you're short on time as often as I am.

Surely you have time to go back and watch the videos Parris! :D

Thanks!

Joe - it may be in here somewhere but I can't find it so I'll ask - what has been your progress in inches so far?