Chasing The 14" Forearm

mightyjoe

This will be my training log and progress updates on my journey to a 14" forearm.

I will not post any training logs until I have someone take a couple of pics of my current forearm

measurements which are:

right forearm = 12-3/4", straight/slight pump

left forearm = 12-3/4", straight/slight pump

Here's a couple of pics I took today of my right and left forearms today:

Left forearm: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10582

Right Forearm: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10583

Stay tuned as I began my journey to reach this life long goal!

I initially wanted 15" forearms but I believe this is beyond my genetic potential so I'm going for a more realistic

goal of 14" forearms. I'm 5', 7" tall and currently weigh 198 lbs. Luckily my forearms have always responded well

to even modest training or stimulation. A 14" forearm with my short, compact stature will seem HUGE! With consistent, smart training I will achieve my GOAL!!!

Hopefully one can learn from this training journal from my experiences, ideas, failures, set-backs, comebacks,

etc...

All responses and input are encouraged and appreciated!

If you have something negative to say without positive reinforcements, please keep it to yourself as this hinders

progress and motivation as one tries to achieve their goal(s).

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!!!

Your friend in GRIP,

Mighty Joe Musselwhite

Joe,

How do you measure your forearm? I would assume this could be subjective if I measure mine differently then you do.

btw, I am also 5' 7" and around 170lbs. I would like to drop about 20lbs of body fat though but right now I am way more concerned about the closing big grippers.

If I measure with my arm at a 90 and at the thickest part of my forearm I am right at 12 inches. I have never done any weight training per se so this sounds like a pretty cool goal.

best of luck,

EMAN

Joe,

Sorry I misread your post I measured mine with my arm extend and it made no difference in the measurement. My bicep is at 14" would look pretty awesome if my forearms end up alot bigger than my biceps!

How exactly do you plan to accomplish this goal. Alot of wrist rolling ?

Eman.

Good luck. When I flex my forearm cold like you are in the pics above my right forearm is a little over 14 inches. My right bicep is slightly over 18" cold and flexed. I have super long arms though (my arm span is like 6'7") so it doesn't look as big in comparison to my body.

Good luck. When I flex my forearm cold like you are in the pics above my right forearm is a little over 14 inches. My right bicep is slightly over 18" cold and flexed. I have super long arms though (my arm span is like 6'7") so it doesn't look as big in comparison to my body.

Jebus, You sound like Michael Phelps. Can you tie your shoes without leaning over? :grin:

My forarms are close to yours, just a hare under 14" cold. But a 5'8" they look bigish.

Jebus, You sound like Michael Phelps. Can you tie your shoes without leaning over? :grin:

I know, its ridiculous. I can walk up to a basketball hoop and grab the net on my tip toes. Great for basketball but a disadvantage in lifting.

On thing I noticed from doing grip is my forearms are thicker most of the way down the arm. It is hard to explain but I had 13 3/4 forearms at the base before grip not they have not changed much at the base @ 13 7/8 cold. But they stay thick to half way down then taper off slowly to the wrist. Before grip they shrank on the way down to the wrist way more rapidly.

I know, its ridiculous. I can walk up to a basketball hoop and grab the net on my tip toes. Great for basketball but a disadvantage in lifting.

long arms are great for deadlift.

On thing I noticed from doing grip is my forearms are thicker most of the way down the arm. It is hard to explain but I had 13 3/4 forearms at the base before grip not they have not changed much at the base @ 13 7/8 cold. But they stay thick to half way down then taper off slowly to the wrist. Before grip they shrank on the way down to the wrist way more rapidly.

i feel like my wrists are getting thicker too. forearms don't seem much different. i have started doing levering which had been absent from my training since i started this journey about a year ago. i hope this pays dividends.

I will keep an eye on your progress Joe, the way you approach training it should be an interesting topic to follow! Good luck but you won't need it...

Will definitely follow this log to its inevitable successful conclusion Joe!

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

I have my plan laid out and my son is coming by this week to get a pic of my right and left forearm

measurements with taped measurement showing.

After the pics are posted I will begin chasing a long time goal!!!

My plan is unique and rarely practiced.

Results?

We'll see!!! ;)

I will give "explanation notes" along the way when needed.

Thanks for following along!!! :)

Only just seen this thread..

As it goes, im on a mission of bulking up my forearms aswell Joe.. im not doing the dedicated grip training anymore, my hands are always cold (i think i may have raynauds disease) and it seems to take ages to recover. i might try again in future but right now im looking to bulk the lower arms too.

Right now, i think im around 11.3 - 5", give or take on either arm. left one is bigger though. about 2 years ago, before stopping training altogether due to serious triceps tendonitis issues, i got them up to around 12.2 - 3". i think it took around 8months (give or take), i didnt write any of it down so i couldnt be certain. all i know, is that i wanted those Bruce Lee Forearms, and i trained them in a day on-day off fashion with good consistency. i might have made quicker progress if i werent drinking all the time (i still drink a bit) but i was pretty happy with that all the same.

im hoping that i can back to where i was and even surpass it. that would make me pretty happy! :)

I'll have to get some pics on here aswell.

x2 to those mentioning the wrist getting thicker. ive done about 10 sessions using the IM Stacker to do static holds and curls with, and ive noticed a subtle difference already. its gone thicker in 2 places.

1) If i lift my hand up in front of me, palm and flexors facing me, ive noticed that on the pinky side of my hand, where the crease of the hand separates the wrist and forearm, for the first 3 inches my wrist/forearm has started to bow out latterally, if you know what i mean?

2) same thing if i turn my hand slightly so my thumb is facing me instead of my palm.

I will keep an eye on your progress Joe, the way you approach training it should be an interesting topic to follow! Good luck but you won't need it...

True that

I've been plugging away with my strategy guys I just have not had time to post my sessions.

Got too many irons in the fire! LOL!

One technique I'm using daily is muscle crimping or muscle spinning. This is a technique many

old timers used specially Sig Klein, John Grimek and Harry Paschal (Bosco). I'll probably

have to do a video of the technique but I will say that it's something you can do everyday without

risk of injury and the great thing is it works! Won't help strength but it will add size and shape rather

quickly.

More when I get time along with a pic of my measured forearm.

As it goes, im on a mission of bulking up my forearms aswell Joe.. im not doing the dedicated grip training anymore, my hands are always cold (i think i may have raynauds disease) and it seems to take ages to recover. i might try again in future but right now im looking to bulk the lower arms too.

Right now, i think im around 11.3 - 5", give or take on either arm. left one is bigger though. about 2 years ago, before stopping training altogether due to serious triceps tendonitis issues, i got them up to around 12.2 - 3". i think it took around 8months (give or take), i didnt write any of it down so i couldnt be certain. all i know, is that i wanted those Bruce Lee Forearms, and i trained them in a day on-day off fashion with good consistency. i might have made quicker progress if i werent drinking all the time (i still drink a bit) but i was pretty happy with that all the same.

im hoping that i can back to where i was and even surpass it. that would make me pretty happy! :)

x2 to those mentioning the wrist getting thicker. ive done about 10 sessions using the IM Stacker to do static holds and curls with, and ive noticed a subtle difference already. its gone thicker in 2 places.

1) If i lift my hand up in front of me, palm and flexors facing me, ive noticed that on the pinky side of my hand, where the crease of the hand separates the wrist and forearm, for the first 3 inches my wrist/forearm has started to bow out latterally, if you know what i mean?

2) same thing if i turn my hand slightly so my thumb is facing me instead of my palm.

You're talking about the meat on your wrist right? I've noticed that mine has grown significantly since I started grip training.

I took a picture of it right after a grip workout and it's definitely noticeable.

You're talking about the meat on your wrist right? I've noticed that mine has grown significantly since I started grip training.

I took a picture of it right after a grip workout and it's definitely noticeable.

dont want to hijack the thread or for it to go off track.. but ye! glad someone else can notice the difference there. i only really notice the pump when doing curls with a homemade IronMind stacker. thats regular curls, not wrist curls, just to clarify.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Joe, just wondering when your gonna bump this thread? Im interested to see what your routine looks like. i thought you would have by now since your a pretty active on the boards.

how are the forearms coming along? ive only made slight progress since its only been around a month now. my extensors seem to have come along quite quickly but im still lacking overall thickness. im in it for the long haul, same as you, but hopefully we'll both reach our goal eventually! :)

Hey Joe, just wondering when your gonna bump this thread? Im interested to see what your routine looks like. i thought you would have by now since your a pretty active on the boards.

how are the forearms coming along? ive only made slight progress since its only been around a month now. my extensors seem to have come along quite quickly but im still lacking overall thickness. im in it for the long haul, same as you, but hopefully we'll both reach our goal eventually! :)

My forearm training is going well and daily except for weekends.

I simply have not had time to post my training in detail. If I can't post it in detail, I'll wait till

I have time to do so. I say this because it prevents an onslaught of questions for explanations

on details. So why not wait till I have the time to post it correctly?

Progress? I've gained nearly a 1/4" since I posted this thread with a body weight deviation of +/- 2 lbs.

Ask TentacleGrip (Yori) how my forearm looked at the Stark Museum last Friday!

Remember, I'm after size, not necessarily strength. I'll get into the strength phase after I get the size

goal achieved. There's a difference in approach and phases when you are trying to accomplish one or the

other.

And, NO, I don't have the time right now to explain all the details of what I just said. LOL!

When I have time, I'll give details.

Back to some more muscle cramping (not crimping as I originally posted by mistake)!!!

Joe's forearms looked really solid when I saw him. I should shoot for some big forearms too.

I'm interesting in hearing more about the muscle cramping.

Cheers for the reply Joe. im looking forward to see how your going about your training and how it differs from what im doing. Id also like to know what this muscle cramping is all about, never heard of it. Theres no rush either, so just update us with whats been going on when you get some time.

Joe's forearms looked really solid when I saw him. I should shoot for some big forearms too.

I'm interesting in hearing more about the muscle cramping.

I'll have to take note when he posts his routines along with this muscle cramping hes doing. Id love to have some solid vascular looking forearms.

Here's a 2 part video I did for those interested in what I'm doing for my current goal

of 14" forearms both right and left arms.

Here's part 1:

Here's part 2:

Hope this answers many of your questions.

I thought a video would better than trying to sit here at the computer and type for several hours

going over details.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to achieve similar goals!!!

Awesome Joe! Super detailed and excellent points. Thank you for taking time to post that. I'll be trying those out for usre.

Guest Squat More

I have tried that terminator handle at Ryan Espey's gym attached to a cable machine, it is no joke. Great stuff, Joe!