Need Another Inch On The #3. Good Programs?

Guest Harv

Hi.

Just joined recently, this is my first post.

I can close the #3 to about an inch between handles, similar strength with both hands. I told myself that I would get serious and revise my gripper training after I could perform 3 set of 5 on the #2 with both hands. Well, I'm there.

I'm not ready to purchase the KTA info, but would love it if a few guys could tell me what kind of program they followed to dial it in on the #3 (pointing me to past threads is fine). Thus far I've been training grippers once per week, with a wrist roller the other day, and some thick bar movements both days.

I would like to get certified with both hands at once when the time comes. Has anybody done that thus far? I'd just like to do something a little unique, and the idea stuck in my head after seeing the pic of Povilaitis attempting it in a recent MILO.

Thanks, Nate :cool

Welcome to the Grip Board.

You must get the KTA program.

I've been on it for a month and went from not being able to close the # 1 to being able to grind the handles on it.

Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

Guest pjfinnegan

I don't know if they make note of whether or not you can close the gripper with either hand or not but I have seen a picture of Jesse Marunde closing 1 #3 in each hand.

I know they don't mention which hand in the listing, but I figure if I can pull it off while being certified they can take a pic of me doing it.

BTW, until I purchase the KTA program, I am using a version of Steven Weiner's program that he discusses in his old post about how to perform strapholds.

Nate :cool

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the strapholds is a good routine if it works for you. For me, I used a grip machine and went as heavy as possible without killing myself! :laugh Learn to enjoy pain. O.K., don't enjoy it... but get used to it - because to master the #3, that's what you'll need.

You have a good program; stick with it, and don't be afraid of changing your routine when things start to go stale. Try a bunch of different things... don't be afraid to experiment a little.

May I ask you: what is this obsession with being able to close the #3 with both hands? And yes, there have been guys that have certified being able to close it with either hand. I would say, concentrate on just being able to close one! ;)

The best thing I could tell you is get a grip machine and go as heavy as you possibly can. If you need help, just ask me or one of the members on this board. We are willing to help anyone who is serious about grip training, and is not afraid to ask. Good Luck! :D