Coc # 4 Certification Request

Savage Jake

Hope the gripper arrives quick to Ioan and he will crush that #4.Good luck Ioan!!!

+1

Its not me but I did order a new #4 from ironmind to try to do a fresh credit card set out of the package from ironmind. The #4 I got had the number 4 colored in with a permanent marker. I tried it and I can safely say its much much harder than the GHP 9 that I got from Wade. If grippers are sent out that heavy no one will get it in my opinion.

For you to say such thing then that gripper you have is really really strong!

My bet is with Ioan. He has one serious crush. One of the best if not the best.

Its not me but I did order a new #4 from ironmind to try to do a fresh credit card set out of the package from ironmind. The #4 I got had the number 4 colored in with a permanent marker. I tried it and I can safely say its much much harder than the GHP 9 that I got from Wade. If grippers are sent out that heavy no one will get it in my opinion.

Well grippers do vary a lot maybe they knew who you were and deceided to give you the hardest one they had never had the any gripped colored in permanet marker from them.

Maybe you need to PM Randy, or ask him over on the IM forum what the marker was all about?

Weird. The package was intact though?

If Randy said that the guy is at least on the #3 list, we can imply that he is also on the #3.5 list.

We already know it's not Jonathan. Can we exclude others as well ?

"Tex" Henderson

Gabriel Sum

Rich Williams

Jonathan D. Vogt

Paul Knight

Ioan Cristian Puscasu

Sergey Daragan

Vache Sevajian

Andrew Durniat

Some offhand comment he made about Tex a day or so ago would indicate that Tex H would not be a candidate.

Some offhand comment he made about Tex a day or so ago would indicate that Tex H would not be a candidate.

And Gabriel Sum posted a couple of weeks ago about a terrible injury he had/has, which is still not fully recovered but slowly recovering in his stronger hand. I would have picked him for an eventual #4 cert, if he stays injury free... his wide-set closes were just off the charts. He is so young, he might still get it if he gets over the injuries and comes back with smart training. But for THIS time, I think it's not him either.

So who does that leave us with?

A guy said earlier that he knows Vache has an injuried finger? So not him either?

Paul Knight already said it's not him? What about Andrew, has he gotten THAT strong? I know he murdered a hard gripper (don't remember the rating but it was high) in a contest but from a choker if I remember correctly. Can he do it from a CCS too?? Didn't think he was THAT great at grippers?

Rich Williams? Supossedly his #3.5 cert happened with very little specific training? That guy is so monstruous overall that nothing would surprise me coming from him. Every pic I see of him he dwarfs other men who are Big men and his shoulders quite frankly scare me. I would never want to piss a guy that size off. Anyways he reps the Monster Bell at Mighty mitts which some legends can't get 1 rep on.... and he holds Blobs at arms length, lol. So maybe him? Perhaps Richard Sorin talked him into being the very first?

Sergey Daragan looks solid as stone from what I've seen, his TNS strength seemed almost at the level of Gabriel's (in my opinion) in an old-ish video... but his RT is huge. I also seem to recall him having a monster 1 hand DL (hook grip though), but that might not mean much on grippers. But the guy looks scary strong so maybe it's him? Anyone knows how easy/hard his #3.5 cert was?

I imagine the difficulty of one's #3.5 cert might indicate a possible #4 attempt. Ioan just TOYED with the #3.5 cert and barely missed the #4 so it could very well be him. But didn't a friend of his recently said he injured himself at some European Armwrestling championship?

Wow this was a long post. :)

It's narrowing down :)

"Tex" Henderson

Gabriel Sum

Rich Williams

Jonathan D. Vogt

Paul Knight

Ioan Cristian Puscasu

Sergey Daragan

Vache Sevajian

Andrew Durniat

Yes the package was in tact but from what I can remember the level has always been marked by a white dot and this one was colored in with sharpy. It was done before the shrink wrap was put on.

Yes the package was in tact but from what I can remember the level has always been marked by a white dot and this one was colored in with sharpy. It was done before the shrink wrap was put on.

Oh I thought you meant ON the gripper. I think the package has been marked with a sharpy for a while. This seems on the up-and-up then.

Ok I wasnt sure, I know my 3.5 had a red dot on the gripper when I did my certification and I also have spoken with Adam Glass and he said the same thing. I wonder if the cert grippers are not tested before they go out. This would be interesting to find out!

• Like 1

Guys, don't laugh at this one: Brian Shaw.

Just speculation, but, if he wanted to, I think he could...

One of the last certification attempts I judged for IronMind was Brian Shaw (and Paul Knight on the same day). Brian could not have been any closer with the 3.5. I looked at Jeff Peterson after his last attempt and we both shook our heads no at the same time but man it was close. I doubt it's Brian. My guess is Laine Snook.

One of the last certification attempts I judged for IronMind was Brian Shaw (and Paul Knight on the same day). Brian could not have been any closer with the 3.5. I looked at Jeff Peterson after his last attempt and we both shook our heads no at the same time but man it was close. I doubt it's Brian. My guess is Laine Snook.

Didn't know that. I figured with Brian, it was kinda like Kim Wood's description of pro football players: that it was not that big a deal to him, which would be the only reason he was not certified on the 3.5 (I wrongly thought). But if he could not cert on the 3.5 recently, then no go on the 4.

But Brian Shaw failing to cert on the 3.5 gives you an idea of just how hard a feat that is.

Certifying on the 4, wow, that really is a mean feat.

Whoever it is, I doubt if it is an American.

I'm thinking this is Laine also and if so i would imagine he will get her done.

Best of strength.

Laine Snook is a monster but doesn't he always say his dominant (left) hand is weaker at grippers? Perhaps due to the way the spring is coiled, etc.? If it is him I really really wish he gets it.

By the way, just throwing this out there although it's a little wild.... but wasn't John Wood supossedly the best TNS guy out there? Sure, some may say he doesn't care for certs, his dad on the IM Forum might say that too, BUT.... John has a handstrength site selling grip tools, etc., so perhaps being the first to cert on the #4 with the new rules increases his sales. Wasn't he TNS'ing Elites many years ago, before the #3.5's even existed? Just curious.

By the way, just throwing this out there although it's a little wild.... but wasn't John Wood supossedly the best TNS guy out there? Wasn't he TNS'ing Elites many years ago, before the #3.5's even existed? Just curious.

Yep, in my opinion he is and yes he was no setting BBE's at will years ago.

By the way, just throwing this out there although it's a little wild.... but wasn't John Wood supossedly the best TNS guy out there? Wasn't he TNS'ing Elites many years ago, before the #3.5's even existed? Just curious.

Yep, in my opinion he is and yes he was no setting BBE's at will years ago.

Wow, that's a heck of a statement coming from you Heath! I knew he was strong on the grippers. I'm familiar with him from the old Gripboard. Didn't realize he was what you would consider the strongest TNS guy though. Learn something new every day.

i know guys with huge hands have problems with grippers. did brian having any such problem?

Laine mentioned awhile ago on the IM forum, that he was working on something big, besides his RT pulls, so maybe it is him?

Seriously badass video. hilarious!!!!....and your hand looks crazy huge smashing that thing.