Hand Thickness/size And Age

Norden

This is a question for you who are 35+

Would you say that your hands (thumb and finger thickness, and overall hand thickness and size) has grown since you were 20-25?

I'm 25 now and compared to 90% of my friends I'd say that my hands are considerably larger and thicker, but compared to most old men my fingers and thumbs are very small and thin.

When looking at most old mens thumbs and fingers I start wondering how the h*** they got that thick and big.

Another interesting thing is that the other day I was looking at old black/white photos from my grandmothers and grandfathers wedding, and 99% of the men there had HUGE hands. This may have to do with the fact that my grandfather had some kind of forest worker title, so I guess all of these men were men that had been working in the forest their whole lives. But, it still makes me think that there must have been a difference of genes back then, from now.

Hmm, maybe this really isn't an interesting subject to you... it's just that, the first thing I'm looking at when meeting a man is his hands.

Edited by Norden
  • Like 1

Yes mine have gotten bigger. Ring size 20s was 11 now its 13

I can only go off my Dad's hands,he wore a 13 ring in high school. His class ring will not go past the 1st joint on his pinky finger now. A ring that he can slip on his pinky will easily go over my thumb. He has turned a lot of wrenches, hammered a lot of nails and busted a lot of noses in his time so I figure that contributed to the thickening of his mitts. That and he is 5'6" with about an 8 1/4" - 8 3/8" hand.

• Like 1

Compared to my 25 year old self, I'm pretty sure my hands have grown considerably. I remember shaking hands with people at that age, and it always felt like my hand would be engulfed by the person I'd be shaking with. Now, whenever I shake hands I usually feel like my hand has more density and strength. I don't know how good of a comparison this is though since I weighed about 140 when I was 25, but I'm at about 230 at 35 now.

Mine have not changed hardly at all. Ring fits the same, etc. 33 now. Been married 10 yrs, grip training for 7.

Most people get fatter from 25-peak physical age- compared to 35+- so that could be a reason for fatter fingers heh. My palm has not gotten and thicker from grip training but between my ring finger and thumb I have gained some musle which makes my fist look a little bigger. Hand size is mostly genetic though and training wont have a big factor on how big your hands get unless your abusing gh or something.

How many of you have done hard physical work with your hands for 40 + years the way most people did in generations past? You guys are going to see sooooo many changes to your body as you age - enjoy your thin hands (and your thin waist line) - this too shall pass :).

Yes mine have gotten bigger. Ring size 20s was 11 now its 13

I can only go off my Dad's hands,he wore a 13 ring in high school. His class ring will not go past the 1st joint on his pinky finger now. A ring that he can slip on his pinky will easily go over my thumb. He has turned a lot of wrenches, hammered a lot of nails and busted a lot of noses in his time so I figure that contributed to the thickening of his mitts. That and he is 5'6" with about an 8 1/4" - 8 3/8" hand.

Compared to my 25 year old self, I'm pretty sure my hands have grown considerably. I remember shaking hands with people at that age, and it always felt like my hand would be engulfed by the person I'd be shaking with. Now, whenever I shake hands I usually feel like my hand has more density and strength. I don't know how good of a comparison this is though since I weighed about 140 when I was 25, but I'm at about 230 at 35 now.

Mine have not changed hardly at all. Ring fits the same, etc. 33 now. Been married 10 yrs, grip training for 7.

Most people get fatter from 25-peak physical age- compared to 35+- so that could be a reason for fatter fingers heh. My palm has not gotten and thicker from grip training but between my ring finger and thumb I have gained some musle which makes my fist look a little bigger. Hand size is mostly genetic though and training wont have a big factor on how big your hands get unless your abusing gh or something.

How many of you have done hard physical work with your hands for 40 + years the way most people did in generations past? You guys are going to see sooooo many changes to your body as you age - enjoy your thin hands (and your thin waist line) - this too shall pass :).

Thanks everyone. Interesting.

Edited by Norden